Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: just saw the worrying Poseidon news  (Read 6905 times)

Description:

Offline mantisspiderTopic starter

• Show only replies by mantisspider
    • http://www.digitalpowerhouse.net
Re: just saw the worrying Poseidon news
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2003, 10:58:16 PM »
damn after reading all this things about the relationship between Hodges, Elbox and E3Bug makes u fill sick how people are still causing so much trouble around a platform which is trying to stop itself being killed.

guys developing for it should be applauded and hats off to Hodges, but if any of the accusations against him are true, it goes to show that the mighty dollar (quid, buck, sheckles, whatever) really turn something good into something bad.

So to use USB 2.0 devices on an Amiga, with OS3.9 (until OS4 comes out) what do we actually need?
barring in mind it has to be an option compatible with the Mediator PCI bus or the Eyetech PCI solution for those using that one.

This must be a question that is on so many Amiga users minds... cos face it, USB is one of major features required on any machine today.

cheers guys

Offline Lemmink

• Show only replies by Lemmink
    • http://www.lemmink.joice.net
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2003, 11:02:31 PM »
I wonder how he would manage that: thelepatie telekinese... If you have a fully working keyfile it just doesn`t stop working all of a sudden, but I can quite imagine that newser versions won`t work with that keyfile anymore.
You should blame Elbox and not Chris for this. If they told Chris the whole story, that they plan to sell a dongeled card you wold get an OEM license directly from Elbox together with the card, just like it is with der Highway,Subway,Algor.
I still belive you are working for Elbox, as no one could ever be on the side of Elbox no matter on what case.
Not really interesting, but it`s there.
http://www.lemmink.joice.net

Offline Damion

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2003, 11:20:58 PM »
---

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2003, 12:19:40 AM »
@tjaoz

Why don't you shut up and write that stack for Elbox?

Otherwise, take Chris Hodges to court for the alleged breach of contract or STFU!

Everyone in the Amiga community is fed up with your trolling in every thread. It wouldn't surpise me at all to find that the coward who posted a "how-to-crack-Poseidon" guide on the amithlonopen list was you.

Yes, ArakAttack drivers do not include Poseidon registrations either - for now. OTOH, users are not being ripped off by being made to pay for something which cannot be used, which is the case for the Spider.

Elbox have always been totally hostile to all other developers, and have a track record for bad relations. No wonder no one wants to support them.

The ironic thing is that Elbox excuse their inclusion of trojans in their software by claiming to be combating piracy, while at the same time their most fanatical supporters are involved in open piracy.
Bill Hoggett

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2003, 12:24:40 AM »
i am still using my regged posidon with spider2.0 , he havent removed me from his list...

wanna explain further?

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2003, 12:27:56 AM »

quote:
New Elbox drivers (e.g. for Mediator) do not work when you have any USB card from E3B (subway, highway, algor) installed in your computer.

end of quote

WTF? , if this happens then i will boikott elbox forever, theese wars are simply STUPID and if this happens then i claim my money back for all the hw i bought at elbox (and that aint little)

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline tjaoz

• Show only replies by tjaoz
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2003, 12:46:19 AM »
@Lemmink

If you have a fully working keyfile it just doesn`t stop working all of a sudden, but I can quite imagine that newser versions won`t work with that keyfile anymore.
My keys do not work since ver.2.0 of Poseidon. See the part of Hodges description about this Poseidon version: 'Although the version number has been bumped to V2.0, it contains mostly bug fixes.' Switching my keys off is a clear violation of my rights as a client.

You should blame Elbox and not Chris for this. If they told Chris the whole story, that they plan to sell a dongeled card you wold get an OEM license directly from Elbox together with the card, just like it is with der Highway,Subway,Algor.
In case of such dishonest person as Hodges, OEM license do not solve anything. Hodges could always inform: 'OEM license for Spider has been terminated and the support has been dropped for all the times.'

If a company, where I bought my hardware, sold it to me along with Poseidon (e.g. as OEM product), I would have complained with them. But I bought Poseidon directly from Hodges, no go-betweens!  

BTW. You should know that it was Hodges, who refused bundling Poseidon with the Elbox USB card. Check this post in the Mediator ML:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Amiga-Mediator/message/13629

Offline tjaoz

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2003, 12:51:52 AM »
@_D_

It's precisely that attitude which prevents me from spending any money with Elbox.
I think that this is simple response to the Hodges' move.
Stopping Poseidon registration for the Spider users promotes other (IMHO obsolete and overpriced) USB Amiga cards.

You can find in the 'soap opera' that Hodges agreed with Elbox to be neutral to users of different hardware USB Amiga solutions.  Hodges clearly broke this agreement.  Now Elbox helps him in this case.

Fortunately we have companies now such as Genesi, which don't have to resort to dirty tricks to sell products.
Do you want to discuss here the dirty tricks of the ex-phase5 (now Genesi) people?

Offline tjaoz

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2003, 01:17:34 AM »
@bhoggett

Otherwise, take Chris Hodges to court for the alleged breach of contract or STFU!
I approached the German federation for consumer rights against Hodges. I will pursue my rights from Hodges on the legal way.

Everyone in the Amiga community is fed up with your trolling in every thread.
I rather find you as such permanent troll.
If you do not like my posts, simply stop reading them.

It wouldn't surpise me at all to find that the coward who posted a "how-to-crack-Poseidon" guide on the amithlonopen list was you. Yes, ArakAttack drivers do not include Poseidon registrations either - for now. OTOH, users are not being ripped off by being made to pay for something which cannot be used, which is the case for the Spider.
Maybe this is you 'who posted a "how-to-crack-Poseidon" guide on the amithlonopen list' to allow using Poseidon with ArakAttack without the registration key?

Have you registered the Poseidon stack?

Elbox have always been totally hostile to all other developers, and have a track record for bad relations. No wonder no one wants to support them.
AFAIK Elbox have much more drivers for their PCI solution than any other manufacturer. It proves that they have excellent relations with real, honest software developers.

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2003, 02:18:26 AM »
@tjaoz

I rather find you as such permanent troll. If you do not like my posts, simply stop reading them.

Hardly. Not only are you intent on damaging a developer, but you troll by posting 6 replies to every one post.

Maybe this is you 'who posted a "how-to-crack-Poseidon" guide on the amithlonopen list' to allow using Poseidon with ArakAttack without the registration key?

And why would I do that? I not me who hates Chris Hodges, it's you. It's not ArakAttack users who will not get support with Poseidon, it's Elbox customers.

Have you registered the Poseidon stack?

Why would I do that? I don't have a Spider, since I wouldn't touch any Elbox product with a bargepole, and I don't use ArakAttack as I have no need for USB on the few occasions I use AmigaOS.

AFAIK Elbox have much more drivers for their PCI solution than any other manufacturer. It proves that they have excellent relations with real, honest software developers.

Really? Shall we dig up the way they broke the licensing conditions on the P96 dev kit? Or the way they sold the Spider II with "Amithlon support" without telling the general public that they couldn't use it yet? Or the recriminations and name calling they indulged in with Hyperion before agreeing a deal over the Warp3D drivers for Voodoo 3 cards? Or the way they claimed thay had Voodoo 4 and 5 specific drivers when they were only Voodoo 3 drivers that worked with Voodoo 4 and 5 but without the advanced features being supported? Or the viruses they put in their software and the LIES they told when denying the existence of those trojans? Or how about the long list of drivers they said they had in development years ago which have never materialised.

No... let's not bother. You'd need to extract your head from your rectum before you could see any of that, and we all know that's asking too much of you.
Bill Hoggett

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2003, 04:59:57 AM »
Switching of keyfiles does NOT violate your rights, cos you only bought
Poseidon 1.x, which still works for you,not 2.x.

Free updates are a friendly gesture, not something that is mandatory.

Friendly gestures towards someone as hostile as you cant be expected.

Man, am I happy I never bought any Hellbox-crap.
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2003, 05:13:55 AM »
My keys do not work since ver.2.0 of Poseidon. See the part of Hodges description about this Poseidon version: 'Although the version number has been bumped to V2.0, it contains mostly bug fixes.' Switching my keys off is a clear violation of my rights as a client.

You are not really a client. Elbox has "at NO time" had an OEM license for Hodges USB software. Never.

In case of such dishonest person as Hodges, OEM license do not solve anything. Hodges could always inform: 'OEM license for Spider has been terminated and the support has been dropped for all the times.'

Why does that make Hodges dishonest? If you remember correctly, the reason Hodges has problems with Elbox, is because they inserted malicious code into their drivers who's purpose was to corrupt users harddrive.

When Hodges learned this, he gave Elbox a choice, either remove the code and APOLOGISE to their customers, or go fish. Elbox REFUSED to apologise, and decided, of their own free will, to go fish. This decision was %100 Elbox.
this space for rent

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2003, 05:18:43 AM »
Nothing more than blind praise.

The trojan thing should have been the end of Elbox in the Amiga market instead of people defending those crooks who continue to spit in the faces of Amiga users and developers.

In this market you can sh!t on people and get nothing but praise and thanks in return.

Offline Damion

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2003, 05:29:31 AM »
---removed---

Offline Acill

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2003, 05:36:58 AM »
New Elbox drivers (e.g. for Mediator) do not work when you have any USB card from E3B (subway, highway, algor) installed in your computer.

No this is simply untrue. I have a Algor and I have a mediator, both are working just fine.

tjaoz wrote:
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 18, 2003, 05:43:30 AM »

tjaoz wrote:
You could try a subway (clockport?) which is supported by Poseidon

!!!!

Why?
this space for rent