Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS 4.1 Update 3 Released  (Read 8411 times)

Description:

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
Re: OS 4.1 Update 3 Released
« Reply #74 from previous page: September 01, 2011, 02:43:54 AM »
Quote from: klx300r;657247
Karlos, you are far too kind:cool:

It is clear from your trolling constantly about Morphos that you have NO CLUE as to the truth of Morphos origins and developments. Did you even know that the Pegasos 1 with Morphos was ANNOUNCED as the next Gen "Amiga" by Amiga inc back in the day? I even have an Amiga mag with this somewhere..  the genius founders of MOrphos Frank M and Ralph S got stabbed in the back (and bplan guys) by Ainc and periphery developers like H+P and Hyperion....  DO SOME RESEARCH dont just be a blind fanboy... are you the type of person that believes everthing they see on tv or in the papers or what?
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 04:04:20 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;657304
It is clear from your trolling constantly about Morphos that you have NO CLUE as to the truth of Morphos origins and developments. Did you even know that the Pegasos 1 with Morphos was ANNOUNCED as the next Gen "Amiga" by Amiga inc back in the day? I even have an Amiga mag with this somewhere..  the genius founders of MOrphos Frank M and Ralph S got stabbed in the back (and bplan guys) by Ainc and periphery developers like H+P and Hyperion....  DO SOME RESEARCH dont just be a blind fanboy... are you the type of person that believes everthing they see on tv or in the papers or what?

WoW this is just too funny! yet another OS4.x thread is hi-jacked by the usual FUD spreaders here & you say I'm constantly trolling about MOS????:roflmao:this is a specific OS4.1 thread and I have not made one reference to MOS !

cough cough btw, this isn't about Red vs Blue wars!The problem I have (& it appears many others have as well) is that it is just pathetic how the usual suspects just trash every single bloody thread specifically targeted for OS4.x!!! it's shallow, childish, idiotic etc. etc. etc. and only promotes a horrible image of ALL Amiga camps to returning and potentially new Amiga enthusiasts world wide:madashell:
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline drHirudo

• Show only replies by drHirudo
    • http://hirudov.com
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »
[youtube]xUCoueSEtao[/youtube]

Had no problems at all. Update 3 rules. I love the fast speed of the USB transfer. Now I can use my 1 TB external USB Hard Disk drives for backup purposes more easily.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:50:24 PM by drHirudo »

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
Quote from: killer;657210
Effectively you have two sys: assignments which is not required for OS4 since it *is* the original.
I like it ;) :)

This has nothing to do about "original" or being "teh reeel!!1!!", HammerD is confused, MorphOS could easily have done that as well. But having the system files separated in a MOSSYS: and the users own files (as well as various more or less flaky installers who might mess things up in SYS) in the traditional SYS: is much cleaner and makes upgrades etc much more simple and safe. Had OS4 had an OS4SYS: in a similar way, you would have been spared at least some of the problems users are now experiencing with this upgrade, as some OS4 users now starts to realize (although Deniil715 is doing it "the other way around" for some reason).
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline HotRod

• Show only replies by HotRod
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2011, 02:53:45 AM »
Quote from: Fats;657140
I don't buy it. You claim to be interested in OS4 cause. I don't see how humiliating people in public who devote their time to working on it can help in that.

greets,
Staf.

I had missed that comment so I will reply now. If I wasn't interested I wouldn't had bought the A1 XE nor would I've bought AOS 4.1. Makes sense, right? Regarding the humiliating people in public I can tell you how I work. If someone treats me in a bad way I will eventually do the same. That is a normal human reaction. Being told that something isn't "rocket surgery" when you've struggled with an issue that is very anoying isn't exactly friendly, at least not the way I see it and on top of that he followed that thread and made a bug report about it. Everything that I had done to fix the issue he already knew. To me that is noting else but arrogant behaviour and it's humiliating because it is the same as saying "hey, this isn't very hard, even a 5 year old can do that so why can't you?".

I feal no need to defend myself and I don't lay awake at night fealing that I've treated anyone worse than I've been treated myself so buy what you wan't and think what you want I really don't care.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:04:42 AM by HotRod »