Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Gates not a philanthropist?  (Read 19192 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: Bill Gates not a philanthropist?
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:57:51 PM »
I watched the video and i think it's confirmation bias. It's just playing with words.

For the record i think he is right. The population is too large. It needs to be reduced. In 3rd world countries there are people giving birth to up to 5 + children but can barely support one.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;757361
If voting changed anything it wouldn't be allowed.

I think it was Winston Churchill who said "The greatest argument against democracy is spending five minutes in the company of the average voter."

I agree.

Wow. You and me think alike.
Quote from: nicholas;757361

Then you will always be at the mercy of banks.

I disagree. Finance has a place but most people don't really understand how it works. Besides there are plenty of alternatives.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:30:30 AM »
Matt_H you're approaching it all wrong. Conspiracy theories are good for the brains :biglaugh:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:36:27 AM »
Quote from: blanning;757443
What environmental impact are you referring to?  Each one consumes oxygen.  Is that it?  How about water.  They all consume water.  Maybe it's that one?

You've been conditioned to believe that extra children consume "resources".  Whatever that is.  And why should we care?*  Aren't resources renewable?  The ones that are really needed by that child are renewable.  

Or are you talking about the non-renewable resources?  I think the people on the planet already can consume non-renewable resources (if there is such a thing) just fine without the help of additional children.  Even if we reduce the population by half, the remaining people could still consume an equal amount of resources.

I think the goal of the human race shouldn't be the reduction of population or the reduction of resource consumption directly.  I think the goal of the human race should be a major attitude change.  The goal needs to be that we all work together to elevate everyone.  And you can't do that when you have trillionaire bankers creating false flag attacks, civil wars, and world wars so that they can own another country.

You've been brainwashed.  Stop it.

* I have a flippant attitude about energy and resource consumption because there are many practical technologies that could replace things like fossil fuels, but are not allowed to exist because of money (greed placed over benefit to humanity).  If you want an example of what I mean by this, look into Nicola Tesla's lab burning down.  There's evidence to suggest that it was arson, ordered by JP Morgan, for financial gain.

Good statement. But i think you lost credability when you accused someone else of being brainwashed. Never a good debating strategy...

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »
I guess it depends on whether you have an optimistic, pesimistic or cynical personality. You seem to be the latter 2 while i am optimistic.

I just finished watching Pirates Of Silicon Valley so i am listening to the Talking Heads - Burning Down The House.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
A realist is a pessimist in denial.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;757550
I think most people are blissfully ignorant of the evil that western civilisation imposes on the rest of the world to supply the things that make our lifestyle what it is.

Ignorance is a choice IMNSHO.

I disagree with this. I don't call this evil or ignorance. I call it Darwinism. Humans are not born equal. Not just in genetics but also where you were lucky (or unlucky) enough to be born.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 01:41:05 AM »
I believe you when you say there is enough food in this world to feed everybody. But only in quantity. The quality of that food is not fit for consumption. I am going to make a guess and state that 99% of the food available is processed rubbish. How many generations can humanity flourish eating nothing but crap before our own DNA begins breaking down? I believe we should be focusing on quality nutrition and not quantity mush for the masses. To do this we need to reduce the population significantly.

And no before you say it i don't think we have the technology now to do it. Even if we wanted to. They tell us that we should eat lots of wholemeal grains to be healthy but the real reason is that grain is easy to mass produce. The human body isn't designed to eat this much grain. Technology cannot provide 9 billion people with quality food. We need to reduce the population

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 02:32:36 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;757576

I think its inevitable that we will see the world's population continue to rise.
It has about doubled in my lifetime alone.

Only in 3rd world countries. In western countries it is more or less staying the same.

Quote from: Iggy;757576
Trust me, the biggest myth is that we are running out of space. Its a damned big planet.

Right. Look what they are planning to do in Egypt. Really quite brilliant: http://pavelpodolyak.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/terraforming-sahara-desert.html

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 02:44:58 AM »
Improve living standards? I believe the reason why we are not breeding at the same rate is because of life pressures such as work. People are too busy to have kids these days. But yes i see your point.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 02:47:55 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;757579
EXACTLY, which is why, as hard to believe as it may be, we need to encourage the improvement of living standards globally.

Makes sense to me.
That desert was once perfectly useful land.
Desertification need not be irreversible.

Improve living standards? I believe the reason why we are not breeding  at the same rate is because of life pressures such as work. People are  too busy to have kids these days. But yes i see your point.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 02:49:49 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;757579
EXACTLY, which is why, as hard to believe as it may  be, we need to encourage the improvement of living standards globally.

Makes sense to me.
That desert was once perfectly useful land.
Desertification need not be irreversible.

Improve living standards? I believe the reason why we are not breeding   at the same rate is because of life pressures such as work. People are   too busy to have kids these days. But yes i see your point.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 02:54:21 AM »
@Blanning. We have the same problem in Australia. We have excellent farming land that isn't being used. Instead we prefer to import our fruit and vegetables at a higher cost :confused:

@Iggy. What happened there?  :huh:

@Iggy. How is your quest for being self sustaining going? I remember you talking about it before.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 07:54:02 AM »
Remember the point of terrorism is to terrorise you. If allow yourself to be scared they win. The best way to handle terrorism is to trivalise it by laughing.

I have German friends who play Nazi Zombies on Call Of Duty and they think it's the coolest thing ever! When i asked if they found it offensive they laughed at me. Then pointed out they can see the funny side of it but maybe their grandparents would not see the funny side of it.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
What's a philanthropist again?