Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This is how my A1G4XE-system will be at the end:  (Read 3573 times)

Description:

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
Re: This is how my A1G4XE-system will be at the end:
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 26, 2003, 04:13:02 PM »
The Tower I have already purchased ready for my A1 has FIVE fans in it !!

Two full size fans are on the Hard drive bays two on the rear & one on the front.. Oh

And one on the clear side window..

Oops.. Thats six !!

Agreed about the noise.. My current set up ( EZtower) sounds like an airport.. So I think i'll just disconnect three of them.

coo ... The gits have made another trendy tower ....

The Reluctant Pom

Offline Helgis75Topic starter

• Show only replies by Helgis75
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2003, 04:24:17 PM »

The_Editor wrote:
The Tower I have already purchased ready for my A1 has FIVE fans in it !!

Two full size fans are on the Hard drive bays two on the rear & one on the front.. Oh

And one on the clear side window..

Oops.. Thats six !!

Agreed about the noise.. My current set up ( EZtower) sounds like an airport.. So I think i'll just disconnect three of them.

coo ... The gits have made another trendy tower ....

If you only could balance the use of extraordinary fans..Then it still could run quiet..Say, having two for two harddrive and perhaps one for the graphic board could be enough, as oppose to the fan on the CPU of course..:-)

Nice tower, indeed.. :-)
Helgis - AMIGA DEFINITELY makes it all possible!!!

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2003, 04:53:21 PM »
@The_Editor

some very nice cases those they make a change from beige or aluminum, my cheap case will have to do for now it looks a bit in your face mostly painted red. One day ill put pictures up on yahoo website at the moment im still creating a faceplate with bright power on and hard drive light with a speed display from a 486 turned up side down and tweaked to display 801.need windows reinstall to get yahoo site building stuff tto work.
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2003, 04:58:32 PM »

amigamad wrote:
@The_Editor

some very nice cases those they make a change from beige or aluminum, my cheap case will have to do for now it looks a bit in your face mostly painted red. One day ill put pictures up on yahoo website at the moment im still creating a faceplate with bright power on and hard drive light with a speed display from a 486 turned up side down and tweaked to display 801.need windows reinstall to get yahoo site building stuff tto work.

Sounds really promising...Good thing that the A1XE-mobo will be out quite soon...We are soon into the February month... :-)

Offline ple3003

• Show only replies by ple3003
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2003, 07:55:28 PM »
come on!!
i'm pretty sure the g3/g4 consumes about 5-25 watts, while the pentium3/4 as duron/athlon/XP around 50-80 watts! The 63@600 doesn't even require a heatsink!!!

The radeon 8500 doesn't get as hot as the Geforce TI 4200-4800 models. Using a slightly bigger heatsink would require a very little/slow fan.

The nortbridge from VIA does not need cooling, and wont get very hot at all.

OK, hd:s can get very hot, but i've never had to use any form of cooling on my IBM 60GXP 7200rpm. But if you're going to use two hd:s, just don't squeeze them togheter. Separate them a bit.

The PSU actually does a great job in transferring the heat away from you computer, as it is placed in the top of the tower. Usually enough, and it's pretty quiet too.

Last note: i'm bying a PPC to get rid of all the fans/noise, not the opposite  ;-)
bap bap bap bapbaaa

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2003, 08:02:08 PM »

ple3003 wrote:
come on!!
i'm pretty sure the g3/g4 consumes about 5-25 watts, while the pentium3/4 as duron/athlon/XP around 50-80 watts! The 63@600 doesn't even require a heatsink!!!

The radeon 8500 doesn't get as hot as the Geforce TI 4200-4800 models. Using a slightly bigger heatsink would require a very little/slow fan.

OK, hd:s can get very hot, but i've never had to use any form of cooling on my IBM 60GXP 7200rpm. But if you're going to use two hd:s, just don't squeeze them togheter. Separate them a bit.

The PSU actually does a great job in transferring the heat away from you computer, as it is placed in the top of the tower. Usually enough, and it's pretty quiet too.

Last note: i'm bying a PPC to get rid of all the fans/noise, not the opposite  ;-)

Surely a very good advice..Thank you.. :-)

Offline Calken

• Show only replies by Calken
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2003, 08:12:22 PM »

ple3003 wrote:
come on!!

That's ok for you but my Girlfriends thermostat appears to be broken and she is months from a service.  Needless to say the Central heating is always on and I live in an oven.
If only computers were still graded by the number of colours they could show...

Offline ple3003

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2003, 08:34:52 PM »
Me baby:  :-D
bap bap bap bapbaaa

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2003, 01:19:42 AM »

ple3003 wrote:
Me baby:  :-D

YUCK! lian-li! aluminium!! ewww!!!!
gimme pressed steel! like my A4000T
i want real quality
and a full tower too!

and, like ive stated before, A FARADAY CAGE!!!! no damn perspex holes in the side!
ill be going for practicality over novelty, my case will be close to RS/6000 / SUN / HP  style server quality
for the best relyability etc....
also the components will be the best i can find!
i already have a cheap crap case/ cheap HD / cheap monitor etc.. in my IBM-PC, and i hate it
so when i move on ill do it properly!
either do the job properly or not at all, i say!
i buy either the BEST or the CHEAPEST!!

Offline L8-X

• Show only replies by L8-X
    • Http://www.amigaworld.net
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2003, 01:28:24 AM »
Whats wrong with perspex holes anyway, some peeps (ME!) like to mod our cases a bit and make them a bit more individual, far better than plain jane vanilla beige! :-)
\\"It\\\'s no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another.\\"

-George Bush, US President

:-D

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2003, 02:08:13 AM »

I recall my old box's VIA Northbridge has a heat sink installed (MSI built motherboard). Are you referring to the VIA south bridge?  
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2003, 02:16:22 AM »

iamaboringperson wrote:

YUCK! lian-li! aluminium!! ewww!!!!
gimme pressed steel! like my A4000T
i want real quality and a full tower too!

There’s nothing wrong with brushed aluminium finish since it’s lighter than steel and it matches with my brushed finished stainless steel/titanium kitchen appliances.    
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline ple3003

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2003, 03:50:52 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recall my old box's VIA Northbridge has a heat sink installed (MSI built motherboard). Are you referring to the VIA south bridge?

Seems like i got some facts mixed up  :-)
I actually meant tha Articia northbridge chip, that doesn't need cooling. neither do the VIA southbridge....
bap bap bap bapbaaa

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2003, 04:23:58 PM »

iamaboringperson wrote:

and, like ive stated before, A FARADAY CAGE!!!! no damn perspex holes in the side!

Yup, a big bonking HOLE in the case kind of makes one of the points with having a case at all moot.
1. Keep stuff in place.
2. Block EM radiation.

Of course, if you've got a 2.4 GHz CPU, you could keep your cup of coffee warm by placing it in the microwave radiation emanating from that hole... ;)

According to my prejudiced view, it seems like most people who buy ruined cases (with windows) are teenage "casemodders" who spend their allowance on cold cathode lights and stuff like that. It's usually the ones who glue spoilers, stickers and fake extra exhaust pipes on their fuzzy-dice-laden little Korean cars... ;)

Personally, I use cheap no-name cases for all my home-built computers, except one, which needs to hold the weight of my feet when they're cold. :) The rest, hey, throw the computer stuff inside them and shove 'em under the table or something. OK, the A4000 still has its original sturdy but underdimensioned case and is prominently placed.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2003, 06:05:58 PM »

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2003, 07:21:40 PM »
@Seehund
Of course, if you've got a 2.4 GHz CPU, you could keep your cup of coffee warm by placing it in the microwave radiation emanating from that hole... ;)

hey! i never thought of it like that! when will somebody design a case with a door in the side and a rotating tray! so i can put my pies in there and warm em up!!!  :-D
According to my prejudiced view, it seems like most people who buy ruined cases (with windows) are teenage "casemodders" who spend their allowance on cold cathode lights and stuff like that. It's usually the ones who glue spoilers, stickers and fake extra exhaust pipes on their fuzzy-dice-laden little Korean cars... ;)
heheheh.... well, thats exactly right! they think its all about appearance, and not build quality! i think looks are important to a certain degree, after all, your computer probably IS going to become a new peice of furniture in your house, so IMHO it shouldnt stick out like a saw thumb! it should be pleasant to look at

ps what happened to that old avatar? didnt like the old avatar, hmmm?
well... ill tell you what!....
its a hell of a lot better than that other new one ya got now IMO POS
 :-)