Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X-Surf 1  (Read 47 times)

Description: doesn't like BGF9060

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jaymanuTopic starter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2013
  • Posts: 9
    • Show only replies by jaymanu
X-Surf 1
« on: September 28, 2026, 03:38:53 PM »
Hello all

I changed the CPU board in my A4000D to a BFG9060 with a 040 CPU.
It works great, but since then my X-Surf 1 board seems to refuse working.

For the Ethernet part, I installed Roadshow demo, and it doesn't communicate. Once in tens of tests, by chance I got a DHCP address, but that never happened again.
And with a static address, some pings did reply by chance, but also it is strongly unstable.

As for IDE, I could detect and eject the CD drive with idefix, but that's all. I couldn't mount the drive.

I suspect it could be a conflict with the BFG integrated memory ?
So I installed the latest libMMU, it didn't help. Also tried with CPU NOCACHE, didn't help either.

Do you have any ideas how I could fix this ?
Or, do you think a newer X-Surf 100 would be immune from this conflict ?

Thanks for your help
 

Offline Boing-ball

Re: X-Surf 1
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2026, 05:48:21 PM »
Hello all

I changed the CPU board in my A4000D to a BFG9060 with a 040 CPU.
It works great, but since then my X-Surf 1 board seems to refuse working.

For the Ethernet part, I installed Roadshow demo, and it doesn't communicate. Once in tens of tests, by chance I got a DHCP address, but that never happened again.
And with a static address, some pings did reply by chance, but also it is strongly unstable.

As for IDE, I could detect and eject the CD drive with idefix, but that's all. I couldn't mount the drive.

I suspect it could be a conflict with the BFG integrated memory ?
So I installed the latest libMMU, it didn't help. Also tried with CPU NOCACHE, didn't help either.

Do you have any ideas how I could fix this ?
Or, do you think a newer X-Surf 100 would be immune from this conflict ?

Thanks for your help

BETA testing is a hell of a drug……..

It could depend on other factors. Which Buster version are you using? Rev 11 is preferable.
Which other cards are installed in your A4KD?
Have you tried changing the Zorro Slot of the X-Surf into another?

It maybe a compatibility issue with the BFG. As stated, BETA testing is a hell of a drug….