Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: No HDMI sound  (Read 4640 times)

Description:

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
Re: No HDMI sound
« Reply #14 from previous page: August 15, 2024, 12:10:35 PM »
I just received my A600 GS today and I have the same issue. Sony Bravia TV which works with _everything_ else I own, including various versions of Raspberry Pi  :(

As I posted earlier, its a known issue on certain TV's.
Raspberry pi's have same issue on newer distros. Everything your using must be running on older distros, like Bullseye.

Its still being looked into. It appears some TV's dont like certain modes. Its not just affecting GS. Its a big problem on Raspberry pi and distros using latest linux.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 12:11:32 PM by F0LLETT »
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Stilvoid

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2024, 11:36:59 PM »
So after the initial disappointment of HDMI audio not working, I finally got around to finding a 3.5mm jack lead and plugged that in. Guess what... no audio through that either! All I get is a click every time something seems like it's trying to make a sound  :(

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2024, 08:46:08 AM »
So after the initial disappointment of HDMI audio not working, I finally got around to finding a 3.5mm jack lead and plugged that in. Guess what... no audio through that either! All I get is a click every time something seems like it's trying to make a sound  :(

You switched to Jack audio in menu?
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Stilvoid

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2024, 11:45:21 AM »
You switched to Jack audio in menu?

Yes. If I leave it at HDMI, there's no click. Switch to Jack audio, volume up, I just hear that click (like a little pop like when you touch an audio cable), for example when I click on a disk in the games menu.

Offline Stilvoid

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2024, 04:53:21 PM »
You know what! Somehow, this was related to screenmode. I changed to 1920x1080@50Hz and everything is now fine!

1920x1080@60 was listed as "Monitor Native Mode" but with that selected, I got no sound and amiberry was running very slowly (30fps and the audio buffer light was flashing).

Very strange as 60Hz is definitely the "correct" mode for my TV (Sony Bravia 4k thing, couple of years old).

Offline amyren

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2024, 01:12:36 PM »
Just got my A600GS from the post office tested it briefly.

There is no HDMI audio here either. Its connected to a LG TV, I use the same input as I used previously with my Pi4 that did work with HDMI audio.
Change the resolution to 1920x1080 50hz but this did not help for me. I also tried setting it to 1280x720 50hz, but then all I got was a black screen.

Offline quantumcat

• Show only replies by quantumcat
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2024, 10:14:22 PM »
The sound jack is a bit touchy.  I had to play with the plug to get sound.