Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor  (Read 7163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Fats

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2018, 07:33:19 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;837497
What does it take to find out what is going on?


The company seem to be listed on the KBO: Hyperion Entertainment
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing
 

Offline yssing

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2018, 07:38:13 PM »
Yes we have been waiting for a very long time.
 

Offline spudje

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
Quote from: Skateman;837469
this... "Hyperion forcibly deleted from Belgium's company register" is old info and solved already.

Honestly, they seem to be solving but nothing. It's clear they're pretty lousy in running a business just from administration perspective with the trackrecord (bankruptcy, deleted from register,...) they have the past few years, whether or not they still are a valid registered company, ending up in these situations does not proof of professionality. And the only thing they care for is growing their own dick. Going after all these trademarks and now just recently sueing basically almost every other Amiga company. They have absolutely nothing whatsoever going on that is good for the wider Amiga benefit. To the contrary they're currently seem to be totally destroying all the convergence that started to happen within the community the past few years.

It's clear they have no interest in AOS4 for Tabor A1222 and AOS 4.2 as that just leaves them with less money for legal activities....

If only Trevor could simply acquire Hyperion, kick out the bad apples, and apply his so much more constructive approach to the OS as well...
 

Offline nicholas

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2018, 12:19:03 PM »
Quote from: spudje;837542
Honestly, they seem to be solving but nothing. It's clear they're pretty lousy in running a business just from administration perspective with the trackrecord (bankruptcy, deleted from register,...) they have the past few years, whether or not they still are a valid registered company, ending up in these situations does not proof of professionality. And the only thing they care for is growing their own dick. Going after all these trademarks and now just recently sueing basically almost every other Amiga company. They have absolutely nothing whatsoever going on that is good for the wider Amiga benefit. To the contrary they're currently seem to be totally destroying all the convergence that started to happen within the community the past few years.

It's clear they have no interest in AOS4 for Tabor A1222 and AOS 4.2 as that just leaves them with less money for legal activities....

If only Trevor could simply acquire Hyperion, kick out the bad apples, and apply his so much more constructive approach to the OS as well...


Some of us have been saying this since 2001 but were drowned out by emotionally challenged halfwits for the most part.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini
 

Offline Iggy

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2018, 08:32:55 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;837543
Some of us have been saying this since 2001 but were drowned out by emotionally challenged halfwits for the most part.


Now, now, Nik,
That argument will only get you called a blue team troll, even if it's true.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"
 

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2018, 08:53:18 PM »
It's getting to the point where I'm surprised people are still interested / still waiting on it.  I've given up on a few other products like that - by the time they finally came to market my interests had moved on. :(
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos
 

Offline goldfish

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
Tabor is BoXer MKII shown but never delivered
 

Offline AmigaEd

  • His Dudeness, El Duderino
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2005
  • Posts: 512
  • Total likes: 0
Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »
Quote from: trekiej;837497
What does it take to find out what is going on?


Hyperion making a statement that either supports or refutes the alleged situation. Simple as that.

(Of course, the current trend seems to be to wait until you're called out in main stream media three years after the fact and then dismiss it by saying that your company only provides a platform and not the material. Then shrug your shoulders and say "well, only an insignificant 50 million users were affected".)
"Pretty soon they will have numbers tattooed on our foreheads." - Jay Miner 1990

La Familia...
A1K - La Primera Dama -1987
A1K - La Princesa- January 2005
A2K - La Reina - February 2005
A2K - Doomy - March 2005
A500 - El Gran Jugador - April 2005
A1200 - La Hermosa Vista - May 2005
A2KHD - El Duro Grande - May 2005
A600 - Prístino - May 2005
A1200 - El Trueno Grande - July 2005
CDTV - El Misterioso - August 2005
C64 - El Gran Lebowski - August 2005
A3K - October 2010
y mas...
 

Offline F1Lupo

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2018, 02:29:46 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;837551
Now, now, Nik,
That argument will only get you called a blue team troll, even if it's true.


+1 though......ah never mind erased my initial post to avoid Red vs Blue on this thread...all I'll say is ACube and then A-Eon chose AmigaOS4.1 and I've supported and enjoyed using (still do )both companies products quite happily
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:34:29 AM by klx300r »
____________________________________________________________________
c64-dual sids, A1000, A1200-060@50, A4000-CSMKIII
Indivision AGA & Catweasel MK4+= Amazing
! My Master Miggies-Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:
 

Offline trekiej

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2018, 03:28:59 AM »
Maybe we will have a Press Release at a Convention soon.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.
 

Offline AdvancedFollower

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;837552
It's getting to the point where I'm surprised people are still interested / still waiting on it.  I've given up on a few other products like that - by the time they finally came to market my interests had moved on. :(


Yeah, I was really excited about Tabor when I first read about it in late 2015. Now it's 2018 and nothing much has happened. There's just no point in waiting any more, just move on to something else and forget about this pipe dream.
 

Offline kreciu

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;837552
It's getting to the point where I'm surprised people are still interested / still waiting on it.  I've given up on a few other products like that - by the time they finally came to market my interests had moved on. :(

Trevor few months ago showed A1222 running, and it supposed to be on AmigaWest 2017, so people are waiting.

As far as network driver, Trevor showed A1222 with internet working on it. It looks like driver is relatively functional, so "finishing" it should not take MONTHS.

I think Amiga will never leave Limbo, it is time to accept it. I have to say, that all this issues, are good example how not to do things "in real life". In some hobby land, sure... but real life? :hahaha: :hahaha:

Ps. Anybody wants to buy IBM PC + green monitor - 100% functional, books etc. Including CF memory interface for ISA slot? :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:27:46 PM by kreciu »
A1200inE/BOX/3.1.4/AmigaOS3.9+BB1,2,3,4/060/66Mhz+603+/330Mhz/256Mb/FAST-ATA V /MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/ZIP-250/FDD-HD
PC/AmigaOS4.1/Xeon 1265Lv3  with Amiga Forever 2016!!!.
Dell T600/Win98SE/XP/256Mb/Radeon9600Pro/SBLive!/80Gb/DVD-ROM
Color Classic/System 7.1/030/16Mhz/FPU/10Mb/80Mb HDD
Performa 6400/System 8.6/PPC 603ev180Mhz+G3 350Mhz/Rage128Pro/136Mb/80GB HDD
IBM PC :)
 

Offline adonay

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2018, 06:19:42 PM »
This makes me think about the Elbox Dragon
A1200 ACA 1230
 

Offline number6

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2018, 12:34:45 PM »
@thread

Info about Tabor and ethernet (and more):

Trevor's blog - We are Amiga!

#6
 

Offline utri007

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »
NIC driver developer has changed.
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD