Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So... How we doin?  (Read 3260 times)

Description:

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Re: So... How we doin?
« Reply #104 from previous page: January 26, 2018, 05:18:26 PM »
Hey! My first log in in about a year. Hope everyone is well. I'll always have a lot of affection for this site, but I guess social media has hit a lot of forums hard :-(

Back in 2003 this place was THE place to be. All IMHO of course, DYOR and YMMV ;-)

Much love
I like Amigas

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2018, 08:44:26 PM »
\0

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2018, 11:33:34 PM »
I think this is my second log-in in many years.  I occasionally pop by and have a read, but not much of the recent Amiga related activity interests me now.

My amiga has been in the loft for going on 12 years now. Nice to see you posting Wayne.
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

Offline trekiej

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2018, 12:34:59 AM »
Sorry, I do not come by much.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2018, 02:58:47 PM »
Maybe bring Franko out of retirement, that could help increase the traffic here...cheeky

Offline Bifford

• Show only replies by Bifford
    • http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2018, 08:25:46 PM »
Hey Wayne (and all those from ages ago - Acill especially I remember).

I havn't been here for years, but came back at the end of last year when I properly started to follow a thread on the English Amiga Board about the Sonnet hack which is ELBOXs (rebadged to SharkPPC) ppc card for the Mediator - I'd been following the guy on Google Plus but the forum there exploded with a decent thread on the subject.

I got my old Amiga 4000 Power Tower with 060, Mediator etc out back in Ocober and worked out why the CPU had become flakey (the reason I stopped using it as it would crash after a while of use) - the Cyberstorm firmware had not been updated to the latest version so was screwing it up. I updated that and it appeared more solid. Unfortunately my old OS+addons setup was not on the HD that was installed and this annoyed me as nothing was how I liked it, so I shelved the 4k again as I don't have a computer room any more, not since my 2nd child arrived. I'm now in the cupboard under the stairs so not enough room for a PC< the Pegasos AND a huge towered 4k.  I think I might have the HD with my proper set up on it in a drawer somewhere - hopefully it still works when I have the room, and time, to set everything back up again.

Since doing that, my Amiga "flame" has rekindled a little - especially as I just helped a friend who wanted to swap a A1000 for an A1200 so he could game on it. I told him to try to bargain an accelerator card into the deal as a A1000 is worth a fair chunk more than a vanilla A1200!!! So he got a 040 into the deal. Happy chappy!

Meanwhile, the Sonnet/SharkPPC guys are moving along a pace - they've now found another (more easily sourced) ppc card which works with the Mediator - so who knows? When they get that working fantasically I might get me one and unearth the 4k once more! :)

Meanwhile, I'm browsing here and in a few other places and trying to get Amiga Forever/UAE working on the PC - not very intuitive I have to say.

The Pegasos II running MorphOS is there and working, but I don't get to use it much as the PC is my day-to-day workhorse and with a family, and a job that has longer hours than ever before what little time I have is taken up with other things.

Oh, one thing I will say is, I am *LOVING* Elite: Dangerous on the PC (also available on XBoxOne and Playstation) and being part of that community on Twitch - it's like being in an Amiga User group all over again - same "feel" and noce people all round.

I'll be hanging around guys....take care! :)

TTFN
Sam / Bifford

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2018, 09:30:04 PM »
Elite: Dangerous (also available on the Mac minus Horizons - Tim Cook you're a moron for not updating OpenGL graphics drivers for 7 years) is indeed awesome. The forums are active and yes the ongoing story lines are pretty cool. It takes some investment in time however and with kids it's hard to justify. That said a bit of dogfighting and Frame Shift Drive sight-seeing has been fun.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »
@Wayne,

Good to see you! Still visit and post regularly. Hope all is good with you and yours.

Offline Plaz

« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2018, 06:38:07 AM »
Wayne!  (And Billford!)

Good to see you both and hope you're doing well.

Wayne, still have that Prometheus PCI expansion you sold me all those "just 2 more weeks" time units ago. :)

Plaz

Offline soren_ladegaard

• Show only replies by soren_ladegaard
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2018, 11:42:39 AM »
Wow.....seeing the username "Wayne" instantly sent me 15 years back in time :)

I visit amiga.org at least a couple of times every week - sometimes every day. Other sites I visit are amigaworld.net, lemonamiga.com and generationamiga.com

I few weeks ago I deleted my Facebook profile. I am now experiencing the joy of real forums and websites all over again. It may be quick to post things to a Facebook group but it lacks the spirit and joy of visiting someones website about a particular subject. A website you know they've spent countless hours creating and maintaining.

Offline soren_ladegaard

• Show only replies by soren_ladegaard
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »
Quote from: soren_ladegaard;835547
Wow.....seeing the username "Wayne" instantly sent me 15 years back in time :)

I visit amiga.org at least a couple of times every week - sometimes every day. Other sites I visit are amigaworld.net, lemonamiga.com and generationamiga.com

I few weeks ago I deleted my Facebook profile. I am now experiencing the joy of real forums and websites all over again. It may be quick to post things to a Facebook group but it lacks the spirit and joy of visiting someones website about a particular subject. A website you know they've spent countless hours creating and maintaining.

Seing that I joined in 2011 and this is my first post I guess I qualify as a lurker :) It does surprise me though. I'm sure I registered way earlier than 2011. But anyway..... :)

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2018, 12:21:57 PM »
To my shame I mainly lurk these days :(
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"