Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: THE DREAM OF ROWAN. A brand new game for Amiga 68k  (Read 5380 times)

Description:

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Re: THE DREAM OF ROWAN. A brand new game for Amiga 68k
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2015, 03:10:21 PM »
Quote from: BooBoo1200;800088
4000e yeah filling his pockets lol

Did you pitch in an money?  No?  Then what do you care?  Dont like it, dont pitch in.  Dont read about it..troll elsewhere.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2015, 07:24:19 PM »
I backed it.

This is a person that not only develops software for the Amiga, he has won contests with his work which keeps the Amiga name around, and does a Youtube channel where they talk Amiga, play Amiga games, show how the graphics are done.

Offline Paulie85

• Show only replies by Paulie85
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »
Quote from: pwermonger;800102
I backed it.

This is a person that not only develops software for the Amiga, he has won contests with his work which keeps the Amiga name around, and does a Youtube channel where they talk Amiga, play Amiga games, show how the graphics are done.

That is true, I really enjoyed the Amos tutorials on his channel. I had been looking for something like that for ages. I don't think 4000 is a lot to ask to develop a new game for this platform. I look forward to seeing the results.

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2015, 10:37:55 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;800116
One question, people have to support all projects with the name "Amiga" on it with or without quality?

I agree. It looks like a game that would have been sent to Amiga Format as a Game of the month contester. I'm sorry, but the animation looks terrible and both the gfx and game idea looks really cheap. Why do they need 4000 for this? Want I get, but need?

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 11:33:35 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;800121
I agree. It looks like a game that would have been sent to Amiga Format as a Game of the month contester. I'm sorry, but the animation looks terrible and both the gfx and game idea looks really cheap. Why do they need 4000 for this? Want I get, but need?

4000 also is not much. How long do you think would a professional team with coders, graphicians and musicians work for 4000 EUR? One day? Three days? We should be realistic and not compare it to big commercial projects in the golden times. I had recommended to use Hollywood or Amiblitz (Blitzbasic) for it or at least use the AGA extension of Amos. For Hollywood chipset support as plugin is announced and on RTG Hollywood already runs. But it is his decision.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 11:35:04 PM »
Quote from: BooBoo1200;800084
A few iffs and amal running on 68030????? for 4000e come on Amiten you take Amigans for suckers or your crazy?
Also this kind of stuff makes amos look bad. of course you can do a lot more in amos and it wouldnt take 3000 lines.

When you have really experience why do you not offer him to help them?

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2015, 06:55:57 AM »
I'll back it.  Nice to see some effort at making a new game for the classic Amiga.  I do agree it is a little choppy with the animations (jumping and character movement), but I also see it is early in development and hopefully a few more frames of animation can smooth that out some.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 07:28:45 AM »
Quote from: OlafS3;800124
When you have really experience why do you not offer him to help them?

Those who can, do.  Those who can't, complain on the forums.  :laughing:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Fransexy_

• Show only replies by Fransexy_
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;800116
One question, people have to support all projects with the name "Amiga" on it with or without quality?

I edit it for you ;-)

One question, people have to COMPLAIN about all projects with the name "Amiga" on it with or without quality?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:11:32 AM by Fransexy_ »
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT

Offline Fransexy_

• Show only replies by Fransexy_
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »
Quote from: Yasu;800121

Back in the day there was also bad games sold for 25 pounds:

http://amr.abime.net/review_3333

PD: the dream of Rowan not look so bad at all, it needs a bit of improvements but i think that they would solve it
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »
Quote from: Fransexy_;800139
Back in the day there was also bad games sold for 25 pounds:

http://amr.abime.net/review_3333

PD: the dream of Rowan not look so bad at all, it needs a bit of improvements but i think that they would solve it

it is certainly not eye-catching and it will not overrun the markets, it is a homebrew game with mini budget. What do some people expect realistic for 4000 EUR? Examples are recent kickstarters from cinemaware, for professional game development you need professional budgets.

Offline AmitenTopic starter

• Show only replies by Amiten
    • http://amiftp.honor.es
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »
DAY #3  some Updates

Thanks For Your Support!!!!! Keep it Going !! AMIGAAAAAAAA! 1010€ To Day 3TH Day of Campain! Let´s Dream with US!

A new Video where Enhaced Animation of our Player I hope you like it!
https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/005/064/861/8d85b94bc82bbd8303e9eae2c1be8457_h264_high.mp4

Thanks to all people Support Us and for all comments here! all the best and Amiga4Ever.
Johhny Amiten
Amiten TV - Amiga Channel
http://www.youtube.com/clubamiten

Offline AmitenTopic starter

• Show only replies by Amiten
    • http://amiftp.honor.es
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 09:01:57 PM »

Hello Amigans!

To night in youtube at 22:00 H ( Madrid  +Time) we make a Liveshow  in the TV Amiga Channel
 AMITEN TV

Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/clubamiten

I Invite yours to the live event for discuss all about the Game in development "the Dream of Rowan"

also we play some games and see a real amiga 600 with Vampire inside and more....

thanks and all the best.
Johnny Amiten
Amiten TV - Amiga Channel
http://www.youtube.com/clubamiten

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 09:38:44 PM »
@amiten

You are a very weird guy with your actions, speaking and writing even in your language... what is madrid+time? maybe CET?... why invite if you ban anyone with different opinion?

Im still waiting any explanation for this 4000eur goal.
a1200 060

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2015, 11:29:20 PM »
@thread

let's not pollute the thread on @Amiten's new game with stuff on @Templario's. so you can continue the discussion here. i've moved the off-topic posts to that new thread.

also: you're more than welcome to disagree with folks on this forum, but not welcome to be insulting to fellow members. please keep this in mind. thanks. :)

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:32:18 PM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 13, 2015, 01:12:50 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;800155
@amiten

You are a very weird guy with your actions, speaking and writing even in your language... what is madrid+time? maybe CET?... why invite if you ban anyone with different opinion?

Im still waiting any explanation for this 4000eur goal.

Im not sure why he has explain anything regarding monetary goal.
My thoughts are;

In todays economy situation I can see why people look hard for ways to establish a income, even if its a first crack at a game.
Viddi with his sequel. Daniel with his efforts in Tower57, Wings etc.
All of them, this one included, ask people if they are willing to support their efforts, and hopefully it can be a foundation for something sustainable.

I do not expect you to ever agree with my post tho, since I have gotten the distinct impression that you think everything amiga related have to be free.

You are entitled to your opinion, but noone owes you any explaination why they hope for a return for their efforts.