Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology and AmigaKit Buys Amigaworld.net  (Read 1794 times)

Description:

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: A-EON Technology and AmigaKit Buys Amigaworld.net
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2014, 08:46:36 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;775861
and if you are complaining that aminet is maintained from germany, then why dont you open own mirror and take care of it?

I have no idea what you're even talking about here anymore.

Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »
I really really wish there was a "like" button in this forum cuse' Mike, I give you twelve right now. :roflmao:
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 08:54:46 PM »
@wawrzon

Dont waste your time... this is a bunch of "friends" with a moderation team givin the reason together and laughing his own jokes. If you dont follow this way... ban.
a1200 060

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2014, 08:58:09 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;775870
I have no idea what you're even talking about here anymore.

may come from watching slapstick tv.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2014, 09:12:33 PM »
All kidding aside, play nice.  Stop purposely misquoting what others are  saying just for the sake of hearing your own voice.  All you are doing  is bringing the site down, bogging the Mods with superficial crap and  making everything all around less enjoyable.

If you want to be miserable, fine, be miserable, but we don't have to let you drag the rest of us down to your level.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline WotTheFook

• Show only replies by WotTheFook
    • http://www.amibay.com
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
@ kjmann

Are you Doomy in disguise and can I claim my five pounds?

(Just kidding - I saw Oregon and made the connection in my head).

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »
If you don't like the venue, create your own.  Pretty easy concept in the end.

Offline kjmann

• Amiga Enthusiest
    • Show only replies by kjmann
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 12:42:40 AM »
Quote from: WotTheFook;775879
@ kjmann

Are you Doomy in disguise and can I claim my five pounds?

(Just kidding - I saw Oregon and made the connection in my head).

Funny. =)

I know Doommaster George Personally and he is one of the worst people I  have ever had the misfortune to meet. He only lives 15 miles from me.  His name "George Hans Campbell" is well known here. He avoids all  conventions, Expos and User group meetings because if he showed up,  there would be several hundred people waiting in a lynch mob  (Pitchforks, Torches and all) to take their shot at him. I've seen his posts over the years and he is a perfect example of someone that is just plain toxic to a online forum/community.

As I  stated at AW. I was too harsh in my action with Itix and Reversed his  ban. Although I'm getting just a bit tired of all the BS going on in the  forums. Yes, I'm been an Amiga and Atari 8-bit user for many years and  yes, one of the reasons that I was given the position of moderator is because I'm not acquainted  with anyone here specifically (I've never even met Matthew or Trevor personally). I have observed and occasionally read  some forum posts here over the years, but I have no "Side" That I am on.  I just call them like I see them.

I did read some past posts  from some people in question here from the last year or two and I see a  pattern of bad behavior from a select few people. In my opinion, these  few need to be watched a little closer because they seem to have a habit  of "Stirring the pot" just to get peoples reactions.

I Do think this is a good community overall and I think I will enjoy being part of it. I look forward to continuing to work with this forum and meet new people, but I won't be manipulated, strong armed, or detoured into changing my opinions in any way.

That is why I'm here and that is why I take such a hard nosed attitude toward some of this garbage.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:46:35 AM by kjmann »
Systems:
A500 (Originally purchased new 1989) - 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 68k cpu
A500+ 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 8meg Fast, 68EC020 @ 28mhz, CF Slot, SD Slot. (Classic 520 accelerator board)

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2014, 01:16:04 AM »
Quote from: kjmann;775913
Funny. =)
That is why I'm here and that is why I take such a hard nosed attitude toward some of this garbage.

moderator or not, calling others "garbage" may be a little offending, as you may imagine, or even against the tos you are supposed to guard.

Offline danbeaver

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:07 AM »
Is one man's garbage another man's democracy (First Amendment)?

Offline kjmann

• Amiga Enthusiest
    • Show only replies by kjmann
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2014, 01:45:07 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;775917
moderator or not, calling others "garbage" may be a little offending, as you may imagine, or even against the tos you are supposed to guard.

Guilty Conscience?

Garbage refers to Certain activities/Mud Slinging that has been going on on this forum. not People.
Systems:
A500 (Originally purchased new 1989) - 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 68k cpu
A500+ 3.1 ROM, 2meg Chip, 8meg Fast, 68EC020 @ 28mhz, CF Slot, SD Slot. (Classic 520 accelerator board)

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 02:12:51 AM »
Quote from: kjmann;775921
Guilty Conscience?

if you pass a judgement upon what seems to you a guilty conscience then everybody in the world will be guilty but you.

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 02:36:01 AM »
Quote from: kjmann;775913
Funny. =)

I know Doommaster George Personally and he is one of the worst people I  have ever had the misfortune to meet. He only lives 15 miles from me.  His name "George Hans Campbell" is well known here. He avoids all  conventions, Expos and User group meetings because if he showed up,  there would be several hundred people waiting in a lynch mob  (Pitchforks, Torches and all) to take their shot at him. I've seen his posts over the years and he is a perfect example of someone that is just plain toxic to a online forum/community.

As I  stated at AW. I was too harsh in my action with Itix and Reversed his  ban. Although I'm getting just a bit tired of all the BS going on in the  forums. Yes, I'm been an Amiga and Atari 8-bit user for many years and  yes, one of the reasons that I was given the position of moderator is because I'm not acquainted  with anyone here specifically (I've never even met Matthew or Trevor personally). I have observed and occasionally read  some forum posts here over the years, but I have no "Side" That I am on.  I just call them like I see them.

I did read some past posts  from some people in question here from the last year or two and I see a  pattern of bad behavior from a select few people. In my opinion, these  few need to be watched a little closer because they seem to have a habit  of "Stirring the pot" just to get peoples reactions.

I Do think this is a good community overall and I think I will enjoy being part of it. I look forward to continuing to work with this forum and meet new people, but I won't be manipulated, strong armed, or detoured into changing my opinions in any way.

The post of shame.
a1200 060

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2014, 02:41:55 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;775917

He did not call other members here garbage, he wrote "this garbage", and your post is a perfect example of misquoting, or creating misconceptions about other members or moderators.

kjmann has admitted that he over reacted and has reversed the ban on itix.   Please accept his admission of making a mistake and move forward, instead of harboring bad feelings about this moderator and trying to discredit him every chance you get.  Constructive criticism is helpful and should be done via PM to kjmann, or if you prefer, contact another moderator with any of your complaints about any moderator behavior, again through PM or email, not on the forums.

Trevor's only request for changes to this forum site was that he wants  it to be a more friendly place for all users of any Amiga, or Amiga  inspired system to visit and discuss what ever they like, without any  bullying, or constant off topic distractions and personal attacks.  All  staff members are involved in behind the scenes discussions on how to  best achieve Trevor's goal to make this place more friendly and  welcoming to everyone.  Members who have difficulty in expressing differences of opinions without resorting to insults and personal attacks, or members who regularly disrupt threads by interjecting off topic rants, will likely get the attention of moderators more often in the future.  I invite all members to send staff their suggestions on how to make the forums here a more friendly and welcoming place for all members and visitors.  After all, this is your site.

All other accusations about Trevor's, or Matthew's intentions regarding acquiring this site, or AmigaWorld.net are unfounded and untrue misconceptions, or twisted, out of context quotes.

Please wait to pass judgement on the moderation policies here until after we have had a chance to complete all discussions, proposed changes to moderator actions and put in place a structure for documentation of the history of all future moderator actions, as well as a little additional time so moderator training can be completed.  This may take an additional 2 to 3 weeks from now, as everyone is busy with real life, and we don't all spend the majority of our time on this site.  If you are sincere about helping, or if you care about what happens to this site, then get involved by providing your feedback and suggestions on how you think moderation should be done by sending me or any other staff member here a PM or email.  I would be happy to read any suggestions you care to share.

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:46:26 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2014, 03:24:01 AM »
Quote from: Senex;775847
LOL

SCNR ;-)
Thanks for the link: amiga news dot de, I never saw it, till now. What about it?
Here's what I read from that site....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Netiquette

Be fair, stay authentic (true to yourself), tell others your opinion, but try not to hurt anybody with your words and keep others from taking benefit from the interactive area.

Please consider that you are personally responsible for the contents of your contribution."

Purpose of the Netiquette

The amiga-news.de editorial staff developed this netiquette to create an environment where as many readers as possible can express their opinion about the relative subject in an uncomplicated and respectful manner, without personal attacks, the spreading of illegal contents or any other nuisance disturbing this environment. This way as many users as possible read the articles and also may create their own contents.

To achieve this goal amiga-news.de puts its faith in the users, who will help actively through their attitude and manner to sustain this environment, and avoid the abuse of the offered liberties, e.g. anonymous access to the comments.

Guidelines

Articles posted in the interactive area of amiga-news.de (forum, comments etc.) will have to stick to the following rules. They will

respect fellow users and treat them as if they were sitting next to oneself.
    not have sexist, racist, anti-Semitic or neo-Naziistic contents.
    not insult or flame anybody.
    not contain defamation.
    add something sensible or entertaining to the discussion, may it be a question, an answer or an opinion about the subject.
    stick to the subject and not be off topic. In the comments section the subject is given by the contents of the announcement or article. The subject of forum posts is given by the corresponding board (e.g. programming) and the first post to a thread.
    not spread lies or disregard this netiquette.
    not support software pirating or other illegal actions.
    use German or English language, as we would be unable to verify the content otherwise.
    not contain advertising. This also implies that employees of companies will sign their post by their own name and not by the company's name to avoid surreptitious advertising.
    Links to auctions (eBay and so on) are not welcome and will be deleted without delay.

Editorial staff censorship

If the rules of the netiquette get violoated, amiga-news.de editorial staff reserves the right to delete articles partly or completely.

Amiga-news.de editorial staff considers the netiquette not as strict rules but as fundamental rules, that are designed to keep up a communication friendly environment and not to examine each and every article for violations of the netiquette.

Instead, amiga-news.de editorial staff hopes that everybody respects the netiquette and that users do not take occasional violations of the rules as a reason to violate the netiquette themselves and thus avoid additional abusive articles in the interactive section.

Amiga-news.de editorial staff tries, through it's granted possibilities, to avoid the abuse of the offered possibilities and that users, who do respect the netiquette, are not swamped out of the interactive sections by those who do not.

Comments section

Comments section is available for reading and posting without registration, additionally it is possible to login if you have created an account in our forums. Registered users will be marked as such.

If you think that a posting violates our posting guidelines you may notify the staff about this particular message by invoking the "Notify staff about this message" button. A moderator will check the posting and remove it if neccessary.

Comments section is available for postings that are in direct relation to the subject of the respective announcement or article. These posts may contain:

Constructive criticism
    Relevant feedback
    Hints to errors in the announcement or article
    Complementary information concerning the article or announcement

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Never ceases to amaze. We don't all know what you know.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:28:26 AM by SACC-guy »

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #59 from previous page: October 28, 2014, 03:48:49 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;775852
you may have heard of aminet an amiga-news.de cg and senex are maintaining? its not a site just some twenty people are visiting but an esential attribute to whole amiga community, the biggest repository of amiga and its derivates software, no matter if it is mos, aros or os4..

Doesn't excuse "dark thoughts"
 or rudeness like "get used to it"

of course I've heard of Aminet....never heard of amiga news

I think the mods should stop the rudeness.
I like Amiga, I help Amiga people keep Amigas going.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:52:53 AM by SACC-guy »