Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Off-topic: The great amiga.org IP ban conspiracy...  (Read 9837 times)

Description:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Re: Off-topic: The great amiga.org IP ban conspiracy...
« Reply #44 from previous page: September 09, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
Quote from: Daedalus;658670
Hmmm... I don't recall any particular instance where he was useful... If he was, that memory has been smothered beneath the constant seemingly deliberate provocations, followed by pleading innocence.
This. magnetic was 50% troll and 50% zealot and 0% any fun to be around. I miss Franko, though.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »
It does not surprise me to see the few Franko fans coming to his defense, but I for one will not miss him one bit.  He caused more grief and conflict than his rare posts of help were worth.  No doubt there will be fewer defenders of magnetic, except perhaps from some of the real long term members here that remember him differently.

I don't know why magnetic could not control himself and tune out the constant source of irritation by using the "Ignore User" function of these forums the way I and others did, but I understood his frustration.  He was not always confrontational and "no fun to be around" before Franko showed up here.  He was once a source of information and more active.  That was long before his crusade against Franko began.

Still, I can't blame the Admins here for doing what they did.  Both members had become out of control.  I hope it serves as a warning to others that try to stir up trouble and won't heed the warnings of moderators.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Mazze

• Show only replies by Mazze
    • http://mazze-online.de
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »
Off-topic post in an off-topic thread:
Firefox updated Greasemonkey to 0.9.11. That version finally works. The only modification I had to make to Piru's script was:
Code: [Select]
- elm[i].getAttribute("style") == "width:100%; text-align:left")
+ elm[i].getAttribute("style") == "width: 100%; text-align: left;")

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
Quote from: Mazze;658730
Off-topic post in an off-topic thread:
Firefox updated Greasemonkey to 0.9.11. That version finally works. The only modification I had to make to Piru's script was:
Code: [Select]
- elm[i].getAttribute("style") == "width:100%; text-align:left")
+ elm[i].getAttribute("style") == "width: 100%; text-align: left;")

I would use a regular expression match rather than ==, since then you can use \s* for the whitespace above. There are probably better ways to match the containing div than this though.
int p; // A

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
Wait, this ban that's affecting a good number of people is *STILL* in effect?

I thought Wayne was the one that did it to get rid of Franko?  If so, Wayne is long gone, why hasn't this been fixed yet?  Certainly there has to be someone other than the benevolent hewhocannotbenamed benefactor owner of A.org that could have sorted this out when it came to light ages ago, lol.

Meh, sloppy nonsense.  Just like the discreetfx.com Kryptik trojan that's still there.  Sorry to pick nits, but it doesn't inspire confidence among the userbase.  While A.org is a free service, it's offputting to see security or other odd admin issues go completely unchecked for virtually months.  :confused:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »
Quote from: Duce;658745
Wait, this ban that's affecting a good number of people is *STILL* in effect?

There should be no broad IP range bans still in effect, only specific addresses and a few subnets that have been responsible for attempted hacks / bots.
int p; // A

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
Quote from: cecilia;658646
I'm sorry to hear about Magnetic
when not having his family insulted by crazy people he can actually be a very useful member of any board

+1
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;658672
This. magnetic was 50% troll and 50% zealot and 0% any fun to be around. I miss Franko, though.

You forgot 25% "sell your amiga stuff to me instead and it totally wont be resold on ebay"

Offline HenryCase

• Show only replies by HenryCase
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;658590

Conspiracy hat now back on. I still think it was Piru...

Conspiracy hat on, I think Franko and Kesa are the same person.
"OS5 is so fast that only Chuck Norris can use it." AeroMan

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »
Quote from: runequester;658766
You forgot 25% "sell your amiga stuff to me instead and it totally wont be resold on ebay"
Ooh, I hadn't even heard of that. What fun.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline nicholas

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »

I believe he uses several different Ebay user names. He is also permanently banned from amibay too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:20:36 AM by Karlos »
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 06:40:41 AM »

Not to mention the countless times he tried to jumped sale queues, i still remember the 1260 he tried to claim jump me out of. As for helpful I don't think so i have never seen a post by him since i got here where he actually help someone.

Too bad about Franko, all you had to do is take most things not amiga related with a grain of salt... :D
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
Well, they're gone now.

I'm much more interested to know if any Sky customers are still having problems.
int p; // A

Offline realize

• Show only replies by realize
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 03:57:33 AM »
Karlos, Transition, Argo, Pyro et al

Guys I've been a member of aorg (magnetic) almost 10 years now. THE ONLY ban/infraction Ever in my history was from Jgolden a new mod about my bouts with Franko (understandable) I had a 3 day post ban, I immediately wrote him a PM apologizing and telling him I would stop, which i did.

Can you please explain to me why in the world you guys would life ban a former amiga dealer? After only 1 warning and never been previously banned?  I know they are people out of for me because of my aggressive posts on Franko who threatened me bodily several times and my vocal opinions on the amiga/hyperion situation.

How can you not possibly say this was extermely heavy handed and fascist? This is NOT what Aorg is about. I actually defend Aorg on aw.net and EAB all the time.. then I go to log in and am life banned? I couldnt even get my PMs which were transactions and trades I was doing with other members.  To think i am on aw.net where i'm a bad guy and am banned for life here? for what?

I put a call in to Discreet FX to speak in directly with the site owner Bill P (and actually discreet are former magnetic systems customers) I'm in over 5 USA Amiga user groups and really dont think this is fair treatment at all :((

After I apologized to Jgolden I did NOT attack Franko or anyone lelse in a manner to violate the TOC and took the warning seriously.. Then suddenly I challenge Ben H of Hyperion completly in line with the TOS and next day I'm banned??? this is not right, not in the amiga world.  How many times have other members had bans/infractions and still are here? How many times did Franko or Doomy get banned?  What is this really?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2011, 04:03:58 AM »
Well seeing you came back on your hands and knees i have no choice but to forgive you. Here's a hug *HUG* :knuddel:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline realize

• Show only replies by realize
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2011, 04:15:08 AM »
Its amazing how you guys internet stalk people and expose their real names. Can you mods being so aggressive please remove my real name from this thread?

@ Karlos I re-read your post about "many warnings ignored" i got 1 warning from u, i let off, then Jgolden 3 day banned me when i went up with Franko again and then life banned.

As far as you guys questioning my integrity with amiga sales or buying things here and reselling them, its quite immature and non factual... as to the guy that cries about my jumping on a thread about the 1260 board (n ow a life enemy what a loser!) the seller stat3ed CLEARLY NO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS i was in SAME STATE re read the thread and act like an adult.

To Cecilia, takemehome, amigadave  thanks for the nice words.. its obvious the other franko files and non productive users that are slandering my name are either fanboys, or just post here just becuase and are bored and havent bought anything amiga or contributed to the community in any way.