Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blizzard PPC flash update - which flash excecutable to use?  (Read 10346 times)

Description:

Offline HanzuTopic starter

• Repairer-preserver-gamer
    • Show only replies by Hanzu
    • Looking for new website home
Re: Blizzard PPC flash update - which flash excecutable to use?
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 26, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »
Quote from: Bamiga2002;656092
DCE should give back the PPC cards they have in their basement for good use! They literally robbed those from users! Also the damn PPC-schematics should be given/released to people who could actually do something GOOD with them. Good ol' PPC's could then possibly be updated/maintained (hardware-/firmware -wise) but stupid DCE just holds these things for themselves for NO reasonable reason :furious:

I agree, but if I understood correctly years ago some Amiga users made them so angry by their wrong type of approach that the one who would have the power to release all data holds them like it is still a war going on between them and current Amiga users. No matter how much they are insulted, still they should show us some gratitude that we bought their products back when they were new and kept them in business. For what I understood pretty much everything Phase 5 or DCE manufactured for Amiga was sold out. So what more we should have done. It is not our fault if there is no enough profit or if design has flaws or production has bottle necks.

It could be also that they do not want to release schematics, part lists and so on because they are afraid that someone would use their old know-how to design new accelerator cards. If so why won't they do like GVP (Great Valley Products) did and re-released some of their best cards?

If they have any reservations for plans like GVP, they should act now before some of the key components used become so obsolete that all their products would need to be radically redesigned which would require new reserch and developent and not just some production lines and some people to operate, inspect and repair production.

The longer they wait the less value that old data is to them, since Indivisual Designs has already made some new low end accelerator cards to fill A1200 and A600 slots and things like Natami are also going to eat intrest for classic Amiga hardware.

I have no idea why DCE which is still existing but cut all ties to Amiga, has not sold their licences and data to Indivisual Designs, Vesalia or some other German based companies since communicating and negotiating locally would be quite easy. Assuming getting money for something that has no value for them is always welcome.

What we could do as community would be to make a petition for the one who can decide what to do with schematics.

Or we can wait for those to be transferred to future generations who might be more understanding and release them, but if so that is going to be too late since we are getting too old before that. :)

BTW. Why is Indivisul Design not producing anything 060 related? I just bought two new unused 68060 sockets from China, so something like sockets can not be reason. If they have no source for 68060 they could make a card with socket only so we could use our old 060 CPUs when everything else fails.

---

Anyway back to the topic

-This Blizzard PPC is not booting with SIMMs either.
-Holding A is not working either and I assume there would have to be some content inside 20F040 for those key holding functions to work.
-Tried to switch those 50MHz oscillators with no help
-Once I got dark red back ground.

Would Blizzard PPC 060 require so much power that I would have to misuse A1200 mobo floppy PSU connector output as input to get the card to boot? I would expect old A1200 bigfoot PSU can supply enough voltage so that supplying additional voltages through floppy PSU connector would not be required.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:37:23 AM by Hanzu »
A4000 CR Rev D "Lian-Li Towered"+CSPPC 060 66MHz+Mediator+XSurf100 with USB+ZorRAM 256MB+Radeon 9200 256MB etc., A4000 original Rev B+CSPPC 060 50MHz+PIV etc., A4000 Rev B mobo, A4000T mobo+CSPPC 060 50 MHz, A4000T mobo, CD32, several A1200s, 2xA600, A500 Plus, A2000 Rev 6.2, several A500s with one ACA500+, Falcon 030, 1040STe, 1040STFM, 2xSVI X'PRESS (one MSX2+ modded), several C64s, 2xC128, 2x128D, C64 Reloaded MK2 and a big game collection.

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
I agree, but if I understood correctly years ago some Amiga users made them so angry by their wrong type of approach that the one who would have the power to release all data holds them like it is still a war going on between them and current Amiga users.

who told you so? we were very close to a class action against DCE but then we quitted for some reasons. (some personal "others" not)

Anyway, case closed. DCE was the winner at the end.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
A1200 PSUs don't have much power, try an A500 PSU.
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline HanzuTopic starter

• Repairer-preserver-gamer
    • Show only replies by Hanzu
    • Looking for new website home
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
Quote from: Framiga;656181
who told you so?

Heh, you make it sound like I would be an outsider who accidentally got some inside information. Well even though I have only become active here lately, I've been around since the golden days of Amiga. Maybe I refrased it in a wrong way, but to put it another way I got the impression DCE does not want to co-operate with Amiga community. Can't find the old source where I read it first or did someone explain it in email, but this could be one of those where I got my impressions. Well better stop stirring bad memories. It feels depressing to think about it.

Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;656209
A1200 PSUs don't have much power, try an A500 PSU.

Apparently this Bigfoot PSU I use for A1200 was not marketed everywhere. It is a big Baby-AT powersupply with A500/A600/A1200 PSU cord coming out of it. A commercial product without any specs or stickers, but just beige paint. I think it is more sufficient than original A500 PSUs which like you said have higher Amps than original A1200 ones.
A4000 CR Rev D "Lian-Li Towered"+CSPPC 060 66MHz+Mediator+XSurf100 with USB+ZorRAM 256MB+Radeon 9200 256MB etc., A4000 original Rev B+CSPPC 060 50MHz+PIV etc., A4000 Rev B mobo, A4000T mobo+CSPPC 060 50 MHz, A4000T mobo, CD32, several A1200s, 2xA600, A500 Plus, A2000 Rev 6.2, several A500s with one ACA500+, Falcon 030, 1040STe, 1040STFM, 2xSVI X'PRESS (one MSX2+ modded), several C64s, 2xC128, 2x128D, C64 Reloaded MK2 and a big game collection.

Offline QuarX

• Show only replies by QuarX
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »
Hi
I have to reflash an AM2SF040B chip to get alive an BPPC 060/50 of a friend.
The only thing that i need now is the .bin file.
I would be very grateful, and the user of that card still more, if someone tell me how to extract that information from flash update executable, if is possible.
Or more difficult if any have read one of these chip and send me the file.

Thank very much in advance
QuarX