Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 25014 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« Reply #134 from previous page: April 05, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;628661
They want to see the complete destruction of the company since the company has "the name" and does not share the same vision as they do for what an "Amiga" should be.

Amiga = 9 pin joystick plug + Paula chip + ability to load 3.5" Amiga game disks

Amiga <> x86 motherboard + emulator required to run any 68k code.

Simple really ;)

Escom went bust due to make believe pricing compared to PCs on sale....Fake C= copied that :roflmao:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2011, 11:20:33 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;628666
I guess the last thing Barry wanted was an Amiga site where people were openly questioning his products and motives.  The purge begins...

What purge? People have left of their own accord, nobody has been banned - which given the tone of some of the recent threads is a small miracle. Personally, I'd much rather people stay.

Let me tell you, it'll take some hell of a purge to shift my a*se from the site.

I might not be as vocal about it as some, but I'm not particularly impressed with CUSA so far either. I do have to give them credit for bringing a product to market and securing what seems to be some decent advertising, but the C64x is certainly not something I'd be inclined buy. Nor are any of the other systems currently mentioned on their website. Furthermore, their bad first impressions have stuck for me, particularly the dodgy website, "borrowing" other people's artwork and so on. However, I suspect they care about my disdain for all that as much as I do for their opinion.

The ragequit mentality of certain people here over this episode is disappointing. I honestly thought that most people that react like that would have done so already at some point. It isn't as if the community has never experienced frisson like it before.
int p; // A

Offline Digiman

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;628689
No purge here.

Is that a warning to Red? :hammer:

Offline Digiman

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628695
What purge? People have left of their own accord, nobody has been banned - which given the tone of some of the recent threads is a small miracle. Personally, I'd much rather people stay.

Let me tell you, it'll take some hell of a purge to shift my a*se from the site.

I might not be as vocal about it as some, but I'm not particularly impressed with CUSA so far either. I do have to give them credit for bringing a product to market and securing what seems to be some decent advertising, but the C64x is certainly not something I'd be inclined buy. Nor are any of the other systems currently mentioned on their website. Furthermore, their bad first impressions have stuck for me, particularly the dodgy website, "borrowing" other people's artwork and so on. However, I suspect they care about my disdain for all that as much as I do for their opinion.

The ragequit mentality of certain people here over this episode is disappointing. I honestly thought that most people that react like that would have done so already at some point. It isn't as if the community has never experienced frisson like it before.

Commodore's UK C64 "elephantine 64k memory" adverts in the UK were genius, the ASA put the kybosh on them! :(

Offline IggyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »
Quote from: Kremlar;628657
So what DO they want?

Good question. I think in each niche market it comes down to control of the direction that their system of choice heads toward.
That's why there are several different Amiga related hobbyist communities.
Basically, a flavor for any preference.

That's one of the reason's it not important for C=USA to market to or worry about these people. They represent a small target of highly opinionated hard sells.
Better to go after the larger general market.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2011, 11:26:52 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;628660
For that price? An i7 processor for a start ;)

Not a good fit for the breadbox case though. Imagine the cooling problems...
int p; // A

Offline WolfToTheMoon

• Show only replies by WolfToTheMoon
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:53 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628701

a mobile edition i5, maybe even a i7... would be pretty hot, still.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2011, 11:33:08 PM »
Quote from: WolfToTheMoon;628704
a mobile edition i5, maybe even a i7... would be pretty hot, still.

Also consider that any i7 would have to be accompanied by a GTX580 class graphics card to rouse my interest. If it hasn't got more cores / higher compute rating than the one I have, I'm not interested :lol:
int p; // A

Offline Digiman

« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2011, 11:34:54 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628701

Performance/£ I meant given the price for a non notebook form factor :)

Offline Digiman

« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;628706
Also consider that any i7 would have to be accompanied by a GTX580 class graphics card to rouse my interest. If it hasn't got more cores / higher compute rating than the one I have, I'm not interested :lol:

Quite. It's inferior to my Dell 17" notebook which cost 1/2 the price but plays PS3 quality games.

Offline digitex

• Show only replies by digitex
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2011, 12:38:17 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;628603
I think its interesting that their "ceo" is posting here but has not answered any of the questions raised by this "commercial".

Like did they have the permission from disney legally to use the footage from Tron that they used?

Where will this commercial air except for youtube?

Given their track record of plagerism, stolen graphics, half truths and hype so far, I don't believe they actually secured the rights to use this footage in one of their "commercials" which is certainly made for commercial gain.

Steven

Are you kidding? Did you look on the Disney/Tron site partners page? Did you see the Commodore logo, right next to CocaCola? Did you think that it got there by magic? Do you think the world's largest media company knows what is going on with their IP? This is a partnering/co:branding campaign, NOT advertising. We each use the IP assets, and jointly promote our products together. OOOOO, I sure hope they don't look at our site and see all those clips we used from the unedited stock footage they sent us last year, before the movie was even released :)

What else do you want to keep bringing up?  The Commodore logo, that is now ours?  The Amiga logo, that too. How about the fantasy case shot...yup, still there also. Ahhh, here's one...the huge glass 3D Boing ball on our OS page....still there, along with other work created by the same artist, for us.

The commercials will be airing everywhere...just keep watching TV...you'll see them...maybe,even where you live, if you're in a major market.

Now Steven, why not tell us all about yourself, so I can have the opportunity to examine and comment incorrectly about every facet of your life?  I would really love to know what you do for a living...and see some of your work product. How about telling us all about your lifetime achievements...I'm sure there is something there that I would enjoy  ripping apart. What's that?  hmmmm, no reply??? C'mon, fair is fair...I don't hide behind an avatar like all of you (with some exceptions). You all know my number..my e-mail etc. It's so easy for all you to type these disgusting comments, knowing that you're hidden in your little life, behind a keyboard. Try saying these things in real life...to my face..or anyone else's, for that matter. You never would...or could.

anybody else?

Offline trekiej

« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »
I can not afford it. : )
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2011, 01:10:28 AM »
A lot of resources time and money went into recreating the C64 case which does look out of place in 2011. If it sells well fine, then that venture can be called a success. I hope that such resources would also be wisely put into an FPGA based mini Amiga system. Amiga in a joystick or something like that. Now that would sell a ton and make whoever did it very rich.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Digiman

« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2011, 01:43:25 AM »
Still have no idea how my friend did the C64DTV design and still got it into such a low budget price point. She is a genius, a retro genius indeed!

Offline Belial6

• Show only replies by Belial6
    • http://www.glasshead.net
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2011, 01:50:52 AM »
Quote from: Transition;628755
A lot of resources time and money went into recreating the C64 case which does look out of place in 2011. If it sells well fine, then that venture can be called a success. I hope that such resources would also be wisely put into an FPGA based mini Amiga system. Amiga in a joystick or something like that. Now that would sell a ton and make whoever did it very rich.

Well, you could just put the RetroReplay in a C64x case, and there you go.  Done.

The only thing I am not sure of is what kind of keyboard it using.  I would assume that it is plugging into an internal USB port, so that might give you a little trouble.  I wonder if it is compatible with the USB to PS/2 adapters...

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2011, 02:01:09 AM »
At $300 I might buy it as a gag, but the thing is going to be so difficult to type on that $600 is way too much for a gag.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.