Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be  (Read 10805 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Franko

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
Didn't realise April 1st ran all the way into April 2nd this year... :)

Or perhaps we're caught in a time loop... :eek:
 

Offline Iggy

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;627008
The next couple months will make some happy, some apathetic and some will see Armageddon.

Yes, some will be pulling their hair. I think its kind of neat.
"They're back"

Quote from: nicholas;627003
I'll tel you exactly what it is.

An M701 Haipad with an Amiga branded wallpaper

I bought my wife an identical one for spare change about six months ago,  except hers is much classier as it doesn't have the crap  wallpaper.

Way to go Nicholas! Time to check this out!
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"
 

Offline F1Lupo

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 11:17:39 PM »
so can i buy it for the exact same cost as any generic android tablet??? I already have amiga wallpapers:laughing:
____________________________________________________________________
c64-dual sids, A1000, A1200-060@50, A4000-CSMKIII
Indivision AGA & Catweasel MK4+= Amazing
! My Master Miggies-Amiga 1000 & AmigaOne X1000 !
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:
 

Offline Boudicca

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »
I just automatically assume anything remotely Amiga news related must be April Fool Bollox!

When CUSA bring back that Amiga Branded Lancaster bomber from the moon that the Sunday Sport newspaper (ironically gone bust today) promised they would, then I might just stretch forward to read the article, otherwise its marketing bollox and nowt else. !

Lets clear up a few CUSA and other X86 and other platform fauxness, if it smells like an x86, works like an x86, made as an x86 and sold from the US of A as an Amiga, I can go down to my local Asda/Walmart buy an x86, load the same bollox and stick an Amiga label on it myself and save on the f*cking import tax and postage without any worries over refunds. So will someone namely Red cos he's closer, tell the owners of the Amiga brand in the US of A to take their f*cking piss pot faux Amiga PCs and Mobile phones and shove them up their ARSES!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:28:55 PM by Boudicca »
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.
 

Offline Franko

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 11:24:40 PM »
Quote from: Boudicca;627014
I just automatically assume anything remotely Amiga news related must be April Fool Bollox!

When CUSA bring back that Amiga Branded Lancaster bomber from the moon that the Sunday Sport newspaper (ironically gone bust today) promised they would, then I might just stretch forward to read the article, otherwise its marketing bollox and nowt else. !


Wot... The Sunday Sport gone bust...:cry:

Me favourite intellectual bit of erm.. reading let's say... :(

(odd how something with so many busts could go bust as they were never shy of being about busts... :))
 

Offline tone007

  • sad moaning faced git
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2008
  • Posts: 3238
  • Total likes: 0
OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »
Those are sub-$100 Android tablets and are currently available by the tens of thousands on eBay.

I'm typing this on one right now!
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever
 

Offline Darrin

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2002
  • Posts: 4430
  • Total likes: 0
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 12:02:27 AM »
Quote from: tone007;627018
Those are sub-$100 Android tablets and are currently available by the tens of thousands on eBay.

I'm typing this on one right now!


So does anybody want to guess what the "Amiga" tablet will sell for?  $200?  $300?
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.
 

Offline Darrin

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2002
  • Posts: 4430
  • Total likes: 0
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »
Well since those "involved" don't know what products they're actually intending to ship and one eagle-eyed resident has already identified the device, here's the specs:

Android 2.1 WIFI / 3G/ HDMI/ 1080P/ 3D GAME
Processor:Telechip Tcc8902 High-performance ARM 11 processors
Frequency 720MHz Support for hardware 2D/3D graphics acceleration
Memory : DDR2 256MB
Storage : Built-in flash memory 2GB Support extemal TF card,maximum capacity of 32GB
Wireless : IEEE802.11b/g wireless network
USB : USB1.1 high speed interface and USB2.0 OTG
Video Output: HDMI1.3 Full HD Video Output interface Analog AV composite video output interface
Audio : 3.5mm headphone jack
High-quality stereo loud speaker
Built-in microphone
Headset maximum output power of 40mW
Frequency response:20Hz-20KHz
SNR: greater than 90db
Size:7 inch
Resolution:WVGA 800*480
Color: 16milion colors
Operating: Resistive Touch Screen Single
Other : Size:193*115*14.3mm
Color:Black/White/Silver
Weight:350mg
Battery:Built-in lithium polymer battery 1400MAh
Accesories: Power adapter(output DC 9V/ 1.5A)
USB Cable
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.
 

Offline Darrin

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2002
  • Posts: 4430
  • Total likes: 0
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 12:57:44 AM »
Can we not reduce the photographs to links?

I'm feeling the need to puke each time I look at the screen as see something marked "Amiga" when it is about as "Amiga" as my grandmother's tits.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.
 

Offline B00tDisk

  • VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2002
  • Posts: 1670
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 12:59:46 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;627048
Can we not reduce the photographs to links?

I'm feeling the need to puke each time I look at the screen as see something marked "Amiga" when it is about as "Amiga" as my grandmother's tits.


Examine your grandmother's tits for trademarks that often, do you?

:D
Back away from the EU-SSR!
 

Offline Darrin

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2002
  • Posts: 4430
  • Total likes: 0
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 01:01:28 AM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;627050
Examine your grandmother's tits for trademarks that often, do you?

:D


yes, and they have a chicken-lips design on them.  You should see her "tramp stamp"!  :eek:

:D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.
 

Offline Argo

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2011, 01:11:10 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;626989
It already is. At least when I click "New Posts" anyway. Am I missing something here?


Could we turn those in to thumbnails? It's messing the front page.

How many mods does it take to post a news announcement?
 

Offline Darrin

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2002
  • Posts: 4430
  • Total likes: 0
Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »
Quote from: Argo;627054
Could we turn those in to thumbnails? It's messing the front page.

How many mods does it take to post a news announcement?


"Depends which way you screw them"...

Oh, that's lightbulbs!  Sorry.  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.
 

Offline Wayne

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 01:20:54 AM »
Ok.  Now I'm mad, and I've rewritten this about a dozen times, because -- like an argument you know you'll have with your wife when you get home -- I just knew that the moment that someone posted anything about Amiga's upcoming tablet, all the little negative cockroaches would scurry out from the cupboard to do anything they could to trash the idea.

As such, I've had time to get my proverbial blood ready to boil, and -- to no one's surprise -- sure enough, you guys are true to form in your bitching and moaning...

Suffice to say...  The Amiga "community" will never get it.  

If it's not a dead-ended, 10x overly-expensive PowerPC-based piece of crap, you guys will never accept anything that anyone does.  Even if it *is* the aforementioned piece of crap, you guys sit around here bitching about it and picking it apart until there's really no point any more.  

How many people have tried to bring anything to the table (including Genesi) only to get sick and tired of dealing with this rabid community and move their attentions elsewhere?

Seriously, it's no wonder that this community has pretty much been abandoned by anyone willing to invest real time, effort, and most importantly, money into any forward-looking venture.

Just to seem redundant, if not to push my point, this is EXACTLY why I told Bill not to even bother with posting it here when he let me in on their ideas and plans.

Time to face facts guys.  

Unless you're willing to be openly shafted by hobbyists trying to get your hard-earned money for antiquated toys (and oh boy I wish I cared enough to rip you all off -- erm, I mean develop said toys), the Antiquated Amiga (as most of you seem desperate to continually define it) is dead.  

Much like dog years, in computer terms, the Commodore Amiga platform is roughly 97 years old, having been forced to retire when Commodore died at age 70.  

Sure, there are some old boxes that refuse to die, but time isn't on their side, and let's face it, unless you're one of those people who have dozens of Amigas in your garage, when yours dies, there's probably a 99.9% chance that you'll just move on to a real computer.

I don't intend to slight those of you who like hanging out with your  grandparents (or in this case, their computer) but damn.  I mean..   damn..  

While I wish there were something more "Amiga" about an Android tablet, and even though I already own a far superior iPad, even *I* think that the move towards supporting Android is the right way to go for Amiga Inc.

Especially if they can eventually work to bring something new to the table and maybe even provide something unique for it, like a developer program, and (God forbid) community for it.

The way I see it, you can either be part of the problem, or part of the solution, and hell, even I'll probably toss in to buy an Amiga Android tablet, if for no other reason than to get in on the ground floor of developing for it.

It'll be cheap enough.

Are you so afraid of Amiga Inc actually producing anything that you're willing to suffer through getting nothing at all, or even worse, actively trying to destroy any chance they have of succeeding?

Really?

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//
 

Offline Wayne

Re: OOOOOOO….what could THIS be
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 01:24:28 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;627030
Well since those "involved" don't know what products they're actually intending to ship and one eagle-eyed resident has already identified the device, here's the specs:

Android 2.1 WIFI / 3G/ HDMI/ 1080P/ 3D GAME
Processor:Telechip Tcc8902 High-performance ARM 11 processors
Frequency 720MHz Support for hardware 2D/3D graphics acceleration
Memory : DDR2 256MB
Storage : Built-in flash memory 2GB Support extemal TF card,maximum capacity of 32GB
Wireless : IEEE802.11b/g wireless network
USB : USB1.1 high speed interface and USB2.0 OTG
Video Output: HDMI1.3 Full HD Video Output interface Analog AV composite video output interface
Audio : 3.5mm headphone jack
High-quality stereo loud speaker
Built-in microphone
Headset maximum output power of 40mW
Frequency response:20Hz-20KHz
SNR: greater than 90db
Size:7 inch
Resolution:WVGA 800*480
Color: 16milion colors
Operating: Resistive Touch Screen Single
Other : Size:193*115*14.3mm
Color:Black/White/Silver
Weight:350mg
Battery:Built-in lithium polymer battery 1400MAh
Accesories: Power adapter(output DC 9V/ 1.5A)
USB Cable

While they may look similar, those are not the correct specs.  From my understanding, they have three models.  A 7", either an 8" or 9" model, and a 10" model, all with better specs than that.

I would gladly show you the spec page, but I'm not sure it's ready for open pub yet, so until I'm asked, I'll have to simply say that you're wrong on this one Darrin.  Nice arm-chair quarterbacking though.. :)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//