Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What the F***!  (Read 21594 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
Re: What the F***!
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 05:53:57 PM »
Dosn't anyone else find it funny that anytime someone comes on this forum heavily hyping or defending cusa that they have 50 or less posts?

Do they really think everyone is that stupid? Why don't they just send the chief technical officer on here again, so he can call people stupid, lie about people hacking his amigaworld account and his own personal email accounts, and just generally represent cusa in the worst possible manner?

After ALL their hype, announcments of multi-million dollar advertising budgets, bragging, threatening people, and so on... All they have managed to accomplish so far is slapping a commodore sticker on a cybernet pc.

Oh, they have also managed to aleienate, insult, and argue with the entire retro commodore and amiga community, insuring total failure of their projects.

Sending shills on to defend your company because you don't have the balls to come on here yourself and do it... Well that just speaks volumes about them.

The amiga curse is upon them. They will fail to do anything, and in 2 years we'll be making jokes about them, just like we do now about A-INC and Silly Billy.

Steven

Offline WolfToTheMoon

• Show only replies by WolfToTheMoon
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 05:56:05 PM »
Quote from: Nlandas;605788
You'll love the statements about how they plan to fund AROS financially and be compatible with the OS from the beginning then. ;^)

Thankfully, AROS has been dropped. There may be some future involvement, but it will not feature as an official OS.

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
You know what i love most about Wolftothemoon argument is that he keeps saying that No one would develop custom motherboard/hardware or carry on a dead OS development that would cost to much to do, would not be successful, its time to move on forget about that idea, its to costly and will never return the Amiga to former glory, well have you heard of a company called Hyperion and A-eon, they are trying exactly that.  

Does it matter that they might not reach mass market, they might not be successful when you compare them to apple, or pc, or even linux markets. But they are trying their best to deliver what a next generation Amiga should be (to me any way).  

We can all speculate what would of happened if Commodore kept going, but they didn't, what they left is their legacy, and that is what Amiga users around the world have been hacking, pushing, and expanding on over the past 20 years, and will continue to do so, they didn't come all that way just be told, “forget all that and buy a PC called Amiga, and as a treat a have a skinned linux dispro that looks like you antique OS, you crazy fools”.

As for bitching about Amiga Inc not doing anything, I have to say I have a much higher respect for Amiga Inc after what commodoreusa has already said and done. At least Amiga Inc did support the community at the start, attended amiga shows, gave licences out, and actually tried to crate a new platform Amiga Anywhere, Bill McEwen must be kicking him self for seeing how easy it could have been to create this so called new Amiga.

Offline WolfToTheMoon

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;605793
well have you heard of a company called Hyperion and A-eon, they are trying exactly that.  

Have heard of them.

Does it matter that they might not reach mass market, they might not be successful when you compare them to apple, or pc, or even linux markets. But they are trying their best to deliver what a next generation Amiga should be (to me any way).  

See the problem here... the NEXT GENERATION Amiga. To me, a PPC Amiga running an OS as outdated as OS4 can never be next gen. It has already been tried and it failed for the most part. So it is not really a next generation thing. It's the same generation all over again, just more expensive this time. Time to try something different.
That said, I may actually be inclined to buy a used X1000 one day if it ever gets launched. I love custom hardware but I'd never give so much money for something that useless. Only used and if it gets cheaper by then...

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 06:09:58 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;605791
Dosn't anyone else find it funny that anytime someone comes on this forum heavily hyping or defending cusa that they have 50 or less posts?

Sending shills on to defend your company because you don't have the balls to come on here yourself and do it... Well that just speaks volumes about them.
Nah, shills have that corporate forced-smile uncanny-valley touch to their posts. Wolfofthemoon might be inexplicably excited about something he could purchase, assemble, and use right this very minute if he wasn't waiting for the Official C-USA Stamp of Sanction, but he doesn't come off like the Executive Cheer Officer, Grassroots Marketing Division type.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »
Can't people wait till Commodore bring out a working computer running their Workbench 5 software before complaining.

It might work it might fail but at least give them a chance.

If it brings the Commodore and Amiga brands back to the shops it can't be too bad.

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
Oh man, who cares, I don't :) If some idiots want to sell peecees as Amigas then let them. I know better and won't buy them. If I want a new peecee I'll just pop into the peecee shoppe around the corner and buy one. Much easier :)

What I don't understand is why some people find these damned things appealing :confused: Makes no sense to me... but it doesn't have to make sense: To each their own ;)

Offline WolfToTheMoon

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »
Quote from: foleyjo;605797
If it brings the Commodore and Amiga brands back to the shops it can't be too bad.

Exactly...

People here are expecting things that simply cannot be produced. I can live with an Atom powered C64x. I can also live with a community enjoying themselves and writing fun software for it. We'll do retro games, we'll do modern games, various software. And we'll say we're writing games for the new Commodore C64x and people will think we're crazy... So what? As long as it is fun:drink:;)

Offline haywirepc

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »
I think its funny someone calls him fake, and he ignores that and keeps right on defending CUSA. thats funny.

Still a shill, maybe not bigbenaussie, but still a shill.

Big ben assie is probably busy printing stickers for the new amigas.

Or busy stealing graphics from the internet to use on their amiga theme ubuntu respin.

Steven

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »
Also how fun will it be when someone comes to your house and mocks you when they see a Commodore 64 under the TV and you suddenly show them it running Modern day software and playing blu ray movies

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »

Do they really think everyone is that stupid? Why don't they just send the chief technical officer on here again, so he can call people stupid, lie about people hacking his amigaworld account and his own personal email accounts, and just generally represent cusa in the worst possible manner?

After ALL their hype, announcments of multi-million dollar advertising budgets, bragging, threatening people, and so on... All they have managed to accomplish so far is slapping a commodore sticker on a cybernet pc.

Oh, they have also managed to aleienate, insult, and argue with the entire retro commodore and amiga community, insuring total failure of their projects.

The amiga curse is upon them. They will fail to do anything, and in 2 years we'll be making jokes about them, just like we do now about A-INC and Silly Billy.

Steven

Well Steven, I've got more than 50 posts and I've defended CUSA.
I like many of you, had a strong opinion when this company made its first announcements.
But after talking to Barry Altman, I've decided to reserve my judgment.
Barry is not Bill McEwen, and while the budget numbers mentioned do seem inflated, I don't think he's mistaken about the potential market.
Currently, the only thing Apple has to differentiate its products is its OS.

Its about time someone selling X86 machines had something else to offer. Even just the look, the branding, and the PC64 offer some appeal to many of us.

Personally, I was them well. As has been said before, at least they're doing something.

BTW - Haven't we been all over this topic before?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline WolfToTheMoon

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;605801
I think its funny someone calls him fake, and he ignores that and keeps right on defending CUSA. thats funny.

Still a shill, maybe not bigbenaussie, but still a shill.

Big ben assie is probably busy printing stickers for the new amigas.

Or busy stealing graphics from the internet to use on their amiga theme ubuntu respin.

Steven

Steven, if I found your posts to contain any meaningful or useful conversation/information, I'd answer it.

Since trolling is your way of "discussion", I will refrain from answering your posts as long as you're blatantly accusing me of something that I am not and/or trolling aimlessly.

Offline Tuxon86

• Show only replies by Tuxon86
    • http://www.amiga-alive.com
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
If CUSA really wants to innovate then they should go out of the beaten path of PC clone and build something totally from scratch. How about a Cell based based system with a real parallel OS for starter. The original Amiga was the first home computer with preemptive multitasking why not innovate on that front?

The world doesn't need another PC platform running an emulation layer on top of it, even if that layer is built in the OS itself.

There isn't really a place for another PC but there is a place for a new architecture, one that could revolutionize the world of personal computing.
Atari 800XL & 130XE, C64, A1000, A500, A2000

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2011, 06:28:13 PM »

I think I have slightly more then 50 posts...
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline haywirepc

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2011, 06:29:18 PM »
Okay Big ben, come back when you have the balls to post under your own name. You should learn about IP#'s mr. chief technical officer. Dumbass.

Offline WolfToTheMoon

« Reply #89 from previous page: January 11, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
Quote from: Tuxon86;605809
If CUSA really wants to innovate then they should go out of the beaten path of PC clone and build something totally from scratch. How about a Cell based based system with a real parallel OS for starter. The original Amiga was the first home computer with preemptive multitasking why not innovate on that front?

The world doesn't need another PC platform running an emulation layer on top of it, even if that layer is built in the OS itself.

There isn't really a place for another PC but there is a place for a new architecture, one that could revolutionize the world of personal computing.

Are you people listening to what you're saying/writing? A platform from a scratch? Sure... chip in a few billion $, I'll do it, no problem :)