Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suggestion: other operating systems forum be moved to coffee house  (Read 2543 times)

Description:

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
Re: Suggestion: other operating systems forum be moved to coffee house
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 20, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »
I thought it would be interesting to learn about Apples fortunes and discuss them.
I say leave it, but put the disclaimer "Must have something of interest to Amigans."

Even I don't like hearing the latest ipad news, but it reflects peoples other interests and lets you get a better angle on them. e.g. which platform they jumped to after their Amiga couldn't cope as a primary home PC.

I would like it to stay and I would like to read about other OSes like Haiku and any Amiga like Linux.
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 01:04:36 AM »
Quote from: CaptChaos;585771
Added a poll for pollie goodness.

It is just a suggestion, I know web forums are not a democracy etc.. etc...

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion :) Personally I like it as it is because I like to see other Amigans opinions on certain things, especially 8bit Commodore news. I rarely find myself in the Coffee House anymore, but always see the home page.

It would be nice if Transition could implement a feature where people could select if they want to see to see Alt OS on the home page or not.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 12:58:38 PM »
I think it is fine the way it is.  I would guess that the majority of people who use this site are interested in computing in general with prehaps a bias towards amiga.  I think most of us are grown up enough that we can choose what we wish to read.

I doubt it was pushing more interesating threads off the front page and you can of course click on the forums link.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »
I just click on new posts and browse everything.  There seems to be more MorphOS-on-mac threads than Apple threads.