Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: MorphOS on Power Mac G5  (Read 36488 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Piru

  • \' union select name,pwd--
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2002
  • Posts: 6946
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
http://bigfoot.morphos-team.net/test/powermacg5_showconfig.jpeg - only a day late, but oh well :)


And as always, questions about availability and offers for beta testing will likely be quite pointless at this time. :)
 

Offline spihunter

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »
Wow! that @$#*& is going to fly!.


Quote from: Piru;572039
http://bigfoot.morphos-team.net/test/powermacg5_showconfig.jpeg - only a day late, but oh well :)


And as always, questions about availability and offers for beta testing will likely be quite pointless at this time. :)
 

Offline Jakodemus

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
And MorphOS takes the lead. Leaving the AOS4.x bite the dust...
 

Offline save2600

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 08:55:53 PM »
This is GREAT news! I no longer have a PowerMac G5, but I bet the iMac G5 support won't be too far along.

Kinda strange to hear they jumped over the iMac though in favor of PowerMac's based on the previous incarnations. Hmmm. Oh well. If/when iMac support becomes a reality, might just give me the excuse to turn my main computer into a MorphOS machine and purchase a shiny new 24" or 27" iMac  :)
 

Offline runequester

  • It\'s Amiga time!
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2009
  • Posts: 3695
  • Total likes: 0
Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »
Quote from: Jakodemus;572043
And MorphOS takes the lead. Leaving the AOS4.x bite the dust...

Just can't have a single thread about this crap can we ?
 
Nobody is coming in to all the Morph OS threads and crapping over it, because it can't run dual core or whatever. Just appreciate each piece of technology for what it is, on its own.
 

Offline redrumloa

  • Original Omega User
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2002
  • Posts: 10126
  • Total likes: 0
Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »
Hot damn... :eek:
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!
 

Offline Jakodemus

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 09:08:58 PM »
Quote from: runequester;572045
Just can't have a single thread about this crap can we ?
 
Nobody is coming in to all the Morph OS threads and crapping over it, because it can't run dual core or whatever. Just appreciate each piece of technology for what it is, on its own.

What's this all about? Why can't I be happy for MorphOS getting support for the fastest PPC computer build for consumers?
 

Offline Flashlab

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »
Quote from: Jakodemus;572048
What's this all about? Why can't I be happy for MorphOS getting support for the fastest PPC computer build for consumers?

You can be happy. It's just that your post does not in expresses joy over what MOS achieved but joy that AOS4 failed in your opinion.

So you just come across as a AOS4 hater instead of a MOS fan. Haters are sad people IMHO.
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...
 

Offline Jakodemus

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »
Quote from: Flashlab;572050
You can be happy. It's just that your post does not in expresses joy over what MOS achieved but joy that AOS4 failed in your opinion.

So you just come across as a AOS4 hater instead of a MOS fan. Haters are sad people IMHO.


Well my SAM440ep flex should arrive next week, but I'm still happy for MorphOS.
 

Offline Piru

  • \' union select name,pwd--
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2002
  • Posts: 6946
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »
Quote from: Jakodemus;572051
Well my SAM440ep flex should arrive next week, but I'm still happy for MorphOS.

You're now forever marked as blue troll. Enjoy :lol:
 

Offline Kronos

  • Resident blue troll
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Feb 2002
  • Posts: 4017
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
Quote from: save2600;572044
T but I bet the iMac G5 support won't be too far along.


Ok I'll take you on on that one. Lets say for 1,000,000 Euro ?


Well maybe I should tell you that all iMacs feature NVidia-GFX chips, and that sofar noone in the MorphOS-team has shown real interest in those ;)
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else
 

Offline zylesea

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
Quote from: save2600;572044
This is GREAT news! I no longer have a PowerMac G5, but I bet the iMac G5 support won't be too far along.

Kinda strange to hear they jumped over the iMac though in favor of PowerMac's based on the previous incarnations. Hmmm. Oh well. If/when iMac support becomes a reality, might just give me the excuse to turn my main computer into a MorphOS machine and purchase a shiny new 24" or 27" iMac  :)


Many iMacs use nvidia gfx chips. an yet MorphOS is lacking drivers for nvidia. I am hoping (and kind of suggested that yesterday to Frank and/or Jacek) to maybe do a bit more cooperation with the AROS project and and maybe participate on the latest nvidia AROS drivers. I think AROS and MorphOS could in parts profit from each other if a few resources (a *few*. Am really not suggesting to make AROS MorphOS and vice versa) were shared.

Anyway the G5 thing is a hammer! But myself I am looking very forward to the Powerbook version first - I hope it'll make it for X-mas.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:41:17 PM by zylesea »
 

Offline ciento

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
Quote from: Piru;572039
http://bigfoot.morphos-team.net/test/powermacg5_showconfig.jpeg - only a day late, but oh well :)


And as always, questions about availability and offers for beta testing will likely be quite pointless at this time. :)

Bill Gates former partner, Paul Allen is in Helsinki on his 120 meter yacht,
look him up, demo the latest Morphos, you never know, he did much thinking outside the box after leaving the dark empire. Its worth a shot.

Congratulations on the progress. It is nice to see 2700 mhz in a config photo,
instead of 25mhz!
Cheers
 

Offline Piru

  • \' union select name,pwd--
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2002
  • Posts: 6946
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »
Quote from: ciento;572058
Bill Gates former partner, Paul Allen is in Helsinki on his 120 meter yacht

The yacht was here the 15th, and it left the same day. Not that it makes any difference...
 

Offline cv643d

Re: MorphOS on Power Mac G5
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
Very nice, so maybe I should go looking for a G5 Powermac now that I canceled my eMac for a Powerbook j/k :)

But anyways..  the G5 system, are we talking about that shiny alu tower that uses 5-600 watt?
Amiga articles
"New shell. It was finished a while back, but I still see bugs, haha" - SSolie