Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Amy "Kryptos" sound system by Troika NG  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Troika

Amy "Kryptos" sound system by Troika NG
« on: September 09, 2006, 07:59:52 AM »
Troika NG would like to announce that we have chosen a fine industry standard AC97 codec, the AD1888 manufactured by Analog Devices, marketed under the Soundmax┬« brand.   The sound codec is used in our Project “Prometheus"/ Amy’05.

This fine device brings many features (including AD’s special filters) used in Asus motherboards and Creative products etc.to the Amiga community.

In our design we use 6 audio connectors to provide a full surround sound system: Front, Left side, Right side, Center, Surround Sound via audio jacks and an SPDIF output through a standard RCA connector.  We also include an internal Intel™ HD-Audio standard header for case connections and so much more!

Some technical details: “The AD1888 is a 6 channel (supporting 5.1 surround sound) AC'97 2.3 compatible codec. It features SPDIF output, variable sample rates, 20-bit DACs, and multiple stereo analog inputs along with many cost saving features including: integrated headphone amplifiers, selectable microphone inputs with built-in preamplifiers, jack sensing (with auto-topology switching), hardware channel spreading and downmixing, as well as crystal-free operational modes.”

For more information visit http://www.soundmax.com/
PDF’s are available on the Analog Devices web site, however we have made available the PDF http://troikang.com/DL/AD1888.pdf on our website.

Offline Lemonty

Re: Amy "Kryptos" sound system by Troika NG
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 08:58:45 AM »
It's a sound card then? ;)
Respect My Authority!

Offline CD32Freak

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 09:40:14 AM »
@Troika

You should know by now we are all visually inclined and therefore always hunger for pictures even if they are still work-in-progress :-)

Offline Homer

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 09:48:04 AM »
I thought the hardware design was 'locked' ? Ah well, might as well have another :pint:
Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

Offline humppa

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 09:51:31 AM »
Ok, so we got to know now that "Kryptos" is a common low cost chip for around $2.51, fine.
But why don't you tell us why you still won't manage to show us a working prototype at BB4?
It think that would be far more Interesting for the most of us. :roll:

Offline PPC

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 09:51:35 AM »
"sounds" good! i'll smoke a fat J for that cuz i'm dutch biaaatch!!!  :-D
Amiga is addictive coz it is fun to use

A1200 Elbox power tower, BPPC 040/25+603e 240 Mhz, 128 MB RAM,Bvision,Zorro IV&Zorro IV PCI busboard,X-surf,Buddha IDE
A4000 Elbox power tower,CSPPC 060/60+604e 233Mhz, 128 MB RAM,CvisonPPC, AriadneII
A600+Vampire V2,A604N+RTC,SUM USB keyboard controller,Topolino with logitech wireless keyboard&mouse

Offline Kaminari

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »
Shouldn't you rename your project Amy '07 by now? :)
"Silence is the most resounding word." (Sima Qian)

Offline Troika

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 05:00:41 PM »
"Shouldn't you rename your project Amy '07 by now?"

Nah, the Amy07 is a higher end amy.  :-D

Offline Troika

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »
@Lemonty

>>It's a sound card then? ;)<<<

Close, its the sound system for our "Amy" PPC motherboard.  www.Troikang.com
 :-)

Offline humppa

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 05:29:10 PM »
Nah, the Amy07 is a higher end amy.

You mean after the specs have changed for the 47th time before BB5 in 2007?

Offline CLS2086

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »
I hope it would be supported but no so sure ...
Keep the Faith !
VG 5000/A1000/500/500+/600/2000/CDTV/1200PPC-GREX/1200PPC -ATEO-BV/4060D/CD32/Aone/Peg 1/Peg2 G4/ various funny machines too  :-) http://www.mo5.com/collection/index.php?pseudo=CLS2086
I also repair drives of our old beloved Amiga

Offline SamuraiCrow

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 01:24:33 AM »
@homer

I think their previous sound chip supplier dried up so they had to pick another sound chip.  It's all good as long as they get their motherboard out soon.

Offline humppa

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 01:34:51 AM »
I think their previous sound chip supplier dried up so they had to pick another sound chip.

That was end of 2005. Don't tell me it took them a year to look through datasheets and decide for a new chip?!

There won't be any Amy'05 in the stores this year. Believe me...

Offline jahc

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 04:27:06 AM »
I think they've been using this new audio system in their design for quite some time, but they've only now wanted to reveal it.

Offline humppa

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 10:02:50 AM »
I think they've been using this new audio system in their design for quite some time, but they've only now wanted to reveal it.

Makes sense - to deflect from the sad fact that they still don't manage to show anything even half-working.  :roll:

Anybody remembering this news release for BB3 from September 2005?

Troika - New Amiga MotherBoard (Prototype B)
Come and See all the latest news on the second revision motherboard before final Production.
 :lol: