Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs  (Read 8545 times)

Description:

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
Re: Guru Meditation Offers AmigaOne XE Repairs
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2005, 01:58:20 PM »
Only if everyone is out in the open will we see why the war is happening in the first place.

To bad the first one(s) to come (came) out into the open are (were) shot down rather fast.
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2005, 02:01:53 PM »
@seer,

Not sure what (or who)you mean here.

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2005, 02:10:19 PM »
Nobody in particular, but if "everybody" is needed to come out in the open, one person is usually the first and gets shot.

Looking back at past years were several people tried to get more open they were flamed by the warring people causing them to withdraw and silence any other willing to speak up.
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2005, 02:27:04 PM »
Poster: Waccoon  Posted: 2005/1/29 21:25:28

I'd make sense to me for Eyetech to offer free ATA cards as an alternative to shipping back your motherboard. Maybe they'd like to turn this into something positive by making some drivers for a SATA card, allowing AmigaOne users to have SATA? Trust me, once you've used it, you won't want to use ATA100 ever again.

AmigaOne/OS4 already have a SATA driver, so they can already start using serial ATA drives.  It is specific to one chipset for now but still available.  See the following link...

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1841
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2005, 05:16:28 PM »
Wayne wrote:
Indeed according to posts elsewhere, (at least some) AmigaZeux members have been essentially paid in hardware by Genesi to troll by negativity and anyone who dares to say differently is -- according to them -- obviously just a "stupid Amiga Inc cheerleader".

Wayne, please do not post such scurillous lies.

The "ODW" hardware was given by Freescale, not Genesi. It was given to *developers* to advance the PPC platform, and AmigaZeux are one of the few PPC developer groups (which include other groups like Gentoo development). There was no other reason, political or otherwise, for the hardware. Genesi certainly do not profit, especially since we're not interested in developing anything that could (now) help them sell boards.

AmigaZeux have been pro-MorphOS since 1998, and probably before. Yes, LONG before Genesi.

Your weak assumption that somehow we are being bribed into posting negative statements is not only so far off base it's on the moon, but also blatantly slanderous. It's laughable that I get blamed for making negative assumptions when you just made a monster of one. Especially when you consider my views haven't changed since long before the ODW project.

Oh and yeah, while we're at it, it's ME making these "negative" comments, not AmigaZeux - and I did NOT get a ODW. Hear that whistling sound? That's your conspiracy theory going down in flames.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2005, 05:19:50 PM »
Keep in mind though that some (like "Amiga"Zeux members) are being bribed with free machines to perform "guerilla marketing" tactics for the Pegasos platform.

Quite harsh allegation against Freescale. Or maybe you're just exaggerating a bit?

As such, anything that those particular people -- including KennyR

KennyR has not been "bribed" with ODW, he bought his machine. You're suggesting that we're no longer individuals there? Quite an generalization from your part, one might add.

You're insulting everyone's intelligence here.

-- have to say can and should be taken in the correct pretense of supporting their own platform while condemning everything else. Relax, because I would say the same about anyone who receives free AmigaOne hardware then starts attacking Pegasos users on public forums.

Regardless of this taking back a bit, I still consider this the stupidest and most idiotic post from you, ever.

If it would have been some random guy posting it, had it taken more than 5 mins to get moderated as trolling and personal insults?

Indeed according to posts elsewhere, (at least some) AmigaZeux members have been essentially paid in hardware by Genesi to troll by negativity and anyone who dares to say differently is -- according to them -- obviously just a "stupid Amiga Inc cheerleader".

Oh that's just wonderful. Do you have any evidence of this conspiracy, or did you just make it up? Or are you perhaps repeating some nonsense posted by someone else?

Really, if this is what amiga.org has come to, I no longer feel like being part of it.

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2005, 06:19:36 PM »
Edited by Admin: Trolling
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2005, 07:16:04 PM »
Agreed, but in this case, some/most of these XE boards are AFAIK/IIRC Beta boards, and sold "as is", weren't they ?

Then someone should have told the dealers then.  Mr. Hardware, Vesalia, Software Hut, etc. have no mention of beta "as is" boards.  

Eyetech calls the systems Earlybird.  But, they mention this only from a software/firmware standpoint, not huge hardware bugs that cause major functions to be non-working.

Please note however that in buying an Earlybird system you are buying into a product that, from the software/firmware pont of view, inevitably needs further refinement before being able to be sold as a true consumer product. Support for the Earlybird syst tems is provided on mailing lists to which purchasers will be subscribed. However neither we nor the majority of dealers can undertake to give any Linux or UAE support to Earlybird purchasers, whether for motherboards or complete systems.
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline EntilZha

• Show only replies by EntilZha
    • http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2005, 08:02:07 PM »
Spare me your crass patronising

LOL. You're as underwhelming as ever.

YOU are talking about patronising ? You're the biggest, loudest patronizing troll of all.

The A1's status speaks for itself and hardly needs anyone to make it sound worse.

So ? Seems not, otherwise it wouldn't need trolls like you to pop up all over the place..

Being critical of the A1 != Anti-Amiga

Did I say that ? If you would bother to read what I wrote, you would have noticed that I was only disgusted because you, in your usual inflamatory and arrogant manner, had nothing better to do than put forward yourself as "intelligent" and put down anybody else.

You can never ever make one single post without insulting somebody, or putting somebody down, calling names etc. And you call me "patronizing" ?

What you call "cynical" is just trolling in it's worst form.

No, I'm not accusing you for being "Anti A1". I'm accusing you of just being a clueless troll. If YOU would tone done from time to time, a lot of heat would be gone.

So, in a few years time, when you will finally be coming of age, please let me know.
- Thomas

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2005, 08:16:19 PM »
Gee, Nothing to say here I guess.

As expected, anyone who speaks out against the Guerilla Marketing arm of Genesi is shouted down as "stupid" and "moronic".

I had more to add, but what's the point.  You and your cronies have already decided that no matter what is said, everyone else is wrong, so whether or not you "no longer feel like being part of it" is irrelevant.  If you don't want to be here, please.  Don't.  Just take KennyR and the rest of the gang with you.  MorphZone is begging for your input.

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2005, 08:17:52 PM »
Agreed, but in this case, some/most of these XE boards are AFAIK/IIRC Beta boards, and sold "as is", weren't they ?

That's just not true, please let that myth die.

Only a very small number of "AmigaOne SE" boards were ever sold as "developer boards", and not even for those was the ridiculous notion that any in-development-status was meant to refer to the state, guarantees, quality et c. of the HARDWARE.
You just can't "develop" a motherboard that you've bought. All "AmigaOnes" were sold as fully "certified" (hah!) hardware which end-users were supposed to eventually run AmigaOS4 on.

For more on that, including links and quotes, see e.g. this post.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline KennyR

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2005, 08:35:29 PM »
Wayne wrote:
As expected, anyone who speaks out against the Guerilla Marketing arm of Genesi is shouted down as "stupid" and "moronic".

My God, you have a really, really irritating and recurrent habit of deflecting your weaknesses on others.

Remember when this site went very pro-MorphOS in 2003 after your earlier "negative" statements that you wanted nothing to do with these IP thieves? Naive, I believed it was because you believed MorphOS was good and had accepted it as a legitimate AmigaOS solution. Rather, it was because you were a fully fledged Genesi employee. Silly me for being positive. And there's me, who has never been employed by Genesi and owe it nothing, who is rather a shade of blue because he likes MorphOS, having to endure not only your condescending hypocritical lectures, but now your hate-filled slander.

You have absolutely NO right to lecture me on being part of "Genesi's guerilla marketing arm", Wayne Hunt. No right at all.

Offline KennyR

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2005, 08:38:04 PM »
EntilZha wrote:
YOU are talking about patronising ? You're the biggest, loudest patronizing troll of all.

Praise from Caesar, Im sure.

Did I say that ? If you would bother to read what I wrote, you would have noticed that I was only disgusted because you, in your usual inflamatory and arrogant manner, had nothing better to do than put forward yourself as "intelligent" and put down anybody else.

You can never ever make one single post without insulting somebody, or putting somebody down, calling names etc. And you call me "patronizing" ?

Look, I insulted no-one here, apart from the presently held concept of viewing justified cynicism as some kind of fatal evil flaw. You chose to turn that comment into an insult, your problem. If you want to think I'm insulting you, your problem. If you've turned over-defensiveness into an artform, your problem. I couldn't care less. Just don't try to make blanket statements like I'm the worst thing that happened to the Amiga community because I think that needing to have an A1's warranty violated to use it as advertised is a really crappy thing, okay?

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2005, 08:44:53 PM »
@Wayne

Kenny has been an annoying moron when he was red as a cooked lobster,
and that didn't change when turned deep-blue sometime in 2003.

He may call himself a memember of amigazeux, and it may be that the
other memebers agree on that, but that still doesn't mean he is the
official amigazeux-spokesperson.

The group is one of the last productive groups in this market, and
therefore some of it's productive members received an ODW.

Contary to what you may believe, getting a free ODW does not mean you
have to praise BBRV on a daily basis, actually I didn't sign a single
paper or haven't received a single email from BBRV eversince I got
mine some months ago.

The real problem is that some people want to hide away the obvious
lack of basic support from Eyetech by blaming it all on "those blue
trolls" instead of answering the problem at hand.

And just for the record, I might agree with some of what Kenny says,
but nothing will ever stop me from seeing him as an annoying moron ;)
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline reflectTopic starter

• Show only replies by reflect
    • http://www.acggbg.org
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2005, 09:04:42 PM »
I've just got one thing to add to this miserable thread : Action speaks louder than words.
--
These are interesting times we live in. New machines in progress, new AmigaOS in progress.. userbase slowly, slowly growing..  which is a success in itself.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #59 from previous page: January 30, 2005, 09:15:54 PM »
@Wayne

We are all individuals and should be regarded as ones. Being part of certain loose group (say, #amigazeux), shouldn't taint the person or the group.

I'm really saddened to see such generalization from your part. I've always tried to stay clear of obvious trolling and baiting (well, perhaps except in case of certain mr doommaster), but this time I just couldn't stand by to see such trash (trash in my opinion) go uncommented.

Labeling and insulting people is rude and low. You know this.

I promise I will try my best giving your future posts the credit they reserve. With this, maybe I can still stay.