Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genesi Won Lawsuit against Amiga Inc.  (Read 7261 times)

Description:

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
Re: Genesi Won Lawsuit against Amiga Inc.
« Reply #134 from previous page: February 22, 2004, 10:01:58 AM »
I had to do a search to find this news item just now because it wasn't showing up in the news area anymore. Did I miss the announcement, or was it made invisible without warning?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline IonDeluxe

• Show only replies by IonDeluxe
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2004, 11:58:25 AM »
Genesi has won nothing.
The contract was with Thedric-Germany not genesi,which is a seperate business entity.
Thedric-France created the pegasos and is now filed for bankruptsy.
The rights therin are not transferable.
Finally, intent does at this time run of PPC and as such DE cannot be ported by Amiga Inc.

Moderation on this site is a joke, and if you make a legitimate complaint, nothing gets done.

@KennyR
Phase 5 went bankrupt due to non payment by Visicorp, BB was CEO at that time and went bunkrupt itself under his leadership.
You assumption that I am an Amiga Inc. fanboy is erroneous and proof of the symptomatic success in the brainwashing you have recieved by the blue propaganda machine.Nor have I ever visited ANN or moobunny more than 1 time as I find it a waste of electron resources,much like anything you post.

I\\\'d post something satirical, but I\\\'m afraid it might get used as genuine evidence in the Thendic Amiga trial!

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2004, 06:55:48 AM »

Genesi has won nothing.

Genesi has been part of the court case for quite awhile, you apparently haven't been paying attention.  The court agreed that Genesi could enter the case as an interested part of Thendic.  The case has been decided against Amiga Inc, thus they have won.  

Finally, intent does at this time run of PPC and as such DE cannot be ported by Amiga Inc.

Thats not what Tao says on their website or in their recent postings.  Its great you know more then Tao about their product, could you get them to fix their website to be Iondeluxe accurate???
    -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2004, 01:34:26 PM »
Sorry about that guys, I was away for the weekend and apparently there was some confusion about how to post news stories.  It was not marked as "show on the front page", hence the news item was unfortunately hidden.

Offline DanDude

• Show only replies by DanDude
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2004, 04:28:28 PM »
@Argo,

You trust that psychopathic weirdo from Merlancia??

I met him on IRC a couple of years ago, he yelled nonstop on how horrible the Amiga 2002 show went.  I tried to ask him why, but he just wouldn't shut up, continued ranting and ranting until he logged off himself.  True story.  I have the log.  :whack:

As much as we do see all business blooming, of course there are risks.  For someone who deeply fell into his business only to see it go crashing down and seek revenge afterwards, I wouldn't keep his phone number in my book.  I rather pursue a new venture than spend all my time and energy just to "get my money back" or even to prove a point that this-company sucks.  

@all
I still like to see AmigaOS4 out, of course.  From what I'm seeing there's progress and if they do succeed, that'll partially take them out of debt.  And also work on existing popular markets either license them for a marginal profit.  Lastly and most importantly when it is ready for the public, ADVERTISE!
#AmIRC
mesra.dal.net or hotspeed.dal.net
irc2.beyondirc.net