Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genesi Won Lawsuit against Amiga Inc.  (Read 7291 times)

Description:

Offline Dan

• Show only replies by Dan
Re: Genesi Won Lawsuit against Amiga Inc.
« Reply #104 from previous page: February 21, 2004, 10:30:31 AM »
Poster: rayt  Posted: 2004/2/21 0:52:50    I think we should not overrate this.. I mean its like this: Hyperion makes AmigaOs, Eyetech makes AmigaOne.. AmigaInc make.. ehm.. nothing..     So I see it like this: Even if amigainc goes bankrupt Hyperion will release Os4. And Eyetech will release the MicroAone. Who the hell cares about AmigaDE? And even if bbrv kills the amiga and names his pegasos amigasos or whatever, I dont give a f... why? because the amiga as a serious platform died a long time ago (sad but true).. if microaone comes(cheap) I will buy it.. if not, ill use os4 on my a4000.. if os4 dont get released, I will use 3.9 till my amiga collapses one day.. where is the problem, after all its just a hobby..    (sorry for my bad english)

My sentiments exactly, who cares about DE?
As for the name, nobody cares for that either except the psychos. I use mainly WinUAE for Amigaprograms and have a A1200-060 for DPaint and games and an A500 for older games. I´m just got the money to buy a Pegasos and a PC upgrade. When AOS4 gets out I will buy an Amigaone, when I can afford one.I try AROS sometimes and I´m convinced that someday AROS will run on all of the newer hardware that I have.
Why would I care about the name? I haven´t done that since I heard the phrase AmigaNG from Amiga Inc waaay back.
I don´t think printing the word Amiga on the Pegasos will sell even one extra board.
If Bill Buck want the name of an old dead computer
to put on the Pegasos boards he can use the trademark Compis.:lol: I can assure him that he won´t get sued.(It was a swedish made for schools computer that no one involved wants to remmeber)
Remmeber the only ones that always benefits from lawsuits is the lawyers.:lol:
Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2004, 03:03:51 PM »
I love the Amiga.

Edited by TheMagicM

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2004, 03:11:31 PM »
I don't see what the fuss is about. It is neither a GREAT day or a TERRIBLE day for Amiga. It's not a good day for Amiga Inc, but then it's not much worse than the previous 500 or so, right?

The judgement is about what we now refer to as AmigaDE and associated trademarks. It does not affect AmigaOS4, except perhaps in the exclusivity of some of the trademarks licensed.

There may be some confusion regarding naming, because at the time of the contract, AmigaDE was regarded by Amiga Inc as the AmigaOS, while AmigaOS 3.1 was regarded as Amiga Classic. No doubt we'll see more kindergarten games surrounding that one.

What's changed? Amiga Inc are still in (deep) trouble. Genesi have their own problems. Eyetech still have a lot of unanswered questions surrounding their product and Hyperion are still to deliver.

It's "as you were", and I'll probably be saying the same thing next year too.

BTW, I still think the site looks messy.  ;-)

Actually, what is most notable is the number of completely uninformed people posting in this thread. Which planet have you people been on for the past few years?
Bill Hoggett

Offline DanDude

• Show only replies by DanDude
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2004, 03:24:55 PM »
OK, Terry C., why not go somewhere else to play?  I heard a child in South Park is the son of the devil you can go ahead and play with. :-)
#AmIRC
mesra.dal.net or hotspeed.dal.net
irc2.beyondirc.net

Offline HopperJF

• Show only replies by HopperJF
    • http://www.michael-powell.blogspot.com
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2004, 04:38:55 PM »
well we can bitch and flame all we like, but the best thing to do is just see what happens for both sides.
i have been watching the amiga world with a distant gaze since i left it last year for mac, but i certainly hope genesi don't get the better of what is the real amiga
Religion is for people who believe in hell.
Spirituality is for people who have been there.

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2004, 04:52:44 PM »
Paul_Gadd wrote:
Amiga Inc deserve all they get, Good work Bill and please finish them off once and for all.

Paul_Gadd, please fix that broken record.  It's on par with playing Aqua - Barbie Girl all day long.

Infact, maybe we could just have your comment automatically be posted as the first on every forum thread/news clip about Amiga Inc, then you wouldn't have to write out the same thing every time.

Or maybe we won't.

It also seems to me that you come back to AO specifically to make your sniping comment at Amiga Inc then go back to whatever sites you usually frequent.  If I have further evidence in the future which backs up my theory, your account won't last very long, because it would be obvious that you come here just to troll.

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show only replies by Hooligan_DCS
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2004, 05:08:20 PM »
>Paul_Gadd, please fix that broken record. It's on par with playing Aqua - Barbie Girl all day long.

I love the Amiga also.

Edited by TheMagicM

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2004, 05:09:05 PM »
If its for amiga de then i it was meant to be run on all operating systems and a morph os port would be good if there was any good software for it. :-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2004, 05:16:03 PM »
The record only needs polishing, not fixing. I'm 100% with mr.Gadd.

Then you should also heed the advice I gave to Paul_Gadd.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2004, 05:20:12 PM »
The judgement is about what we now refer to as AmigaDE and associated trademarks. It does not affect AmigaOS4, except perhaps in the exclusivity of some of the trademarks licensed.

No, but it will probably affect future AmigaOS versions.. I sure as hell wont buy an amigaone/os4, if that will be the last update we get.. If AmigaINC goes under, then so will the future products also.

Offline restore2003

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2004, 05:57:17 PM »
when you insult hyperion and amiga inc. you also insult a majority of the users here, so show some respect, and leave whatever grudge/issues you have behind, so that we can move on
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2004, 07:58:57 PM »
I'm also beginning to agree with those who were complaining about moderation.

It is starting to become tiresome to watch the moderators constantly complain about potential trolling, and the moderators are as much in need of diplomacy lessons as everyone else.

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2004, 08:51:29 PM »
restore2003 wrote:
when you insult hyperion and amiga inc. you also insult a majority of the users here

I wouldn't say the majority. Not now.

But why? Why are people so offended of criticism of AInc? What have they done recently to earn such support? What have they done in the last two years?

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2004, 09:42:06 PM »
it also seems to me that you come back to AO specifically to make your sniping comment at Amiga Inc then go back to whatever sites you usually frequent.

Surely a moderator making wild accusations would post some proof instead of making slanderous remarks about a site member.

Also your attack at me in public is breaking this sites T&Cs, i would have expected a moderator to act discreetly and responsible instead of attacking members of this site in full view.

@Marktime

Well said, the quote below says it all.

if you're implying starting trouble or getting on my nerves, I'll have no problems locking your account.

Offline restore2003

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2004, 10:34:17 PM »
@KennyR:

Because we are tired of hearing the same thing over and over, time for both camps to start peace talks, the warpath is not the way to go, ugh! ugh!
:-)
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2004, 11:03:20 PM »
Also your attack at me in public is breaking this sites T&Cs, i would have expected a moderator to act discreetly and responsible instead of attacking members of this site in full view.

It was not an attack you always post negative comments . :flame:  :pissed:
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com