Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genesi announces completion of April (TM) chip for Pegasos  (Read 13665 times)

Description:

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
Re: Genesi announces completion of April (TM) chip for Pegasos
« Reply #74 from previous page: February 19, 2015, 11:37:24 AM »
Quote from: Boot_WB;784869
Maybe they'll visit and see how things have turned out. :/

And then they will weep :)

Offline Wilse

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
Quote from: spirantho;784865
I remember all too well the things that were happening back then from both camps, and that was ultimately what put me off getting a Pegasos.

By the way, I just installed FE on my trusty A1XE yesterday (you know, the one with Articia but no April). Still working nicely, just as I like it.

I was less than impressed by the behaviour from both sides at times but not so much that it put me off buying, hence I have both a Peg1 and an A1XE and they both still work.
(That said, my A1 is stuck on 4.0 dev install as I cannot get 4.1FE to reinstall ATM)

Offline spirantho

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2015, 12:53:44 PM »
@Wilse
What's the problem with your A1? Feel free to PM me if you need a hand with installation. Mine went quite smoothly, all told.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;784865
That long post has to be taken in context. Bill Buck wasn't some kind of saint trying to preserve the Amiga like comes across from just that one post. I remember all too well the things that were happening back then from both camps, and that was ultimately what put me off getting a Pegasos.

Your loss it was :-)

Pegasos 2 was good hardware at its time. But it could not beat Macs except on pricing. I recall Macs were very expensive back then...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:31:37 PM by itix »
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline matt3k

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »
When I looked into my next gen Amiga many many years ago I looked at a A1 or a Peg II.

Genesi treated me very well.  The other side threw mud, which turned me off and made the decision easy.

I never regretted that decision.  Even though my peg II was well out of warranty, Bill Buck personally saw that I was shipped a new cpu free of charge and with good followup.  From my perspective he was great to work with and kept his word with me.  

Bill and Trevor should talk, both are interesting fellows and perhaps they might have some valuable thoughts to discuss.    

Interesting still to this day, I would rather use my classic.  I have MOS on a powebook, which is a very nice os for sure, but I still like my trusty 3000... Funny...

Offline hishamk

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2015, 07:02:07 AM »
My experience with Bill Buck/Genesi was positive. He seemed genuinely interested in creating a new Amiga experience at the time. Perhaps certain things didn't go according to plan for whatever reason.

Would be interesting to see what Trevor and Bill could come up with if they put their heads together.

I personally own two Pegasos-IIs (one runs MorphOS the other AmigaOS 4.1FE).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:08:38 AM by hishamk »
2x A1000, 2x A2000, 1x A3000, 4x A1200, 3x A500, 1x CDTV, 1x CD32, 2x Pegasos II, 1x EFIKA

Offline warpdesign

• Show only replies by warpdesign
    • http://www.warpdesign.fr
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2015, 04:43:17 PM »
Sigh.. That was almost 15 years ago :) I remember making a review of MorphOS on the Pegasos 2 (I gues that was MorphOS 1.x back then) and writing: "Right now, only ABox is completed. Hopefully, in the next couple of versions, QBox should get the focus, much like MacOSX and Darwin".

And... 13 years later, still no sign of QBox :)

BBRV were still maintaining a blog a few years ago: http://bbrv.blogspot.fr/

But now it seems to be off too. I wonder what happened to the hardware guys of the Pegasos.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2015, 04:48:48 PM »
Quote from: warpdesign;784967
But now it seems to be off too. I wonder what happened to the hardware guys of the Pegasos.
they're still around: http://www.bplan-gmbh.de/home.html

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Lurch

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Lurch
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
So news is so slow that 10+ year old message threads are being brought back to life? This is the second old thread I have found under new posts.
-=[LurcH]=-
A500 Plus Black 030@40MHz 128MB | A1200T 060@80MHz 320MB | Pegasos II G4@1GHz 1GB  | Amiga Future Sub