Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Selling My AmigaOne  (Read 6140 times)

Description:

Offline Wilse

Re: Selling My AmigaOne
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 14, 2003, 02:00:34 PM »

mdma wrote:
Absolutely.... In fact, the only thing I can think of that this doesn't happen with might be a house.

Technics SL1210 turntables don't lose value either.  Second hand they cost more or less the same as brand new, as they are so well made, they are virtually indistructable.  I sold my pair for £600 last year, you can buy them brand new for £645

Yep, that's true. I was recently offered £550 for mine. Not selling though.  :-P

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2003, 02:04:58 PM »
Yep, that's true. I was recently offered £550 for mine. Not selling though.

I don't blame you.  I really miss mine.  I'm gonna get two silver 1200's from sapphires in n.london for £700 with a mixer and phones when i sort my finances out.

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2003, 04:41:27 AM »
20-odd year old Mini Cooper - Red with the white roof a la the Italian Job ?

Ah yes, but there are lots of things you can buy and hold for 20 years (provided you keep in mint condition) and sell for equal or profit...  There's a lot less things you can buy and keep for 20 days and expect to come out near even.

Evidently that consists of houses and high-end turntables.  ;-)

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2003, 04:51:15 AM »
The issue is more that the system is the G3, discontinued model than anything.  Those have little value, as they were replaced with a G4 fairly recently.  The closest comparison is to the Pegasos, with it's G3, but the Pegasos has more features, so that means need to deduct the missing components from the price....

500 brittish sterling frankly is too much for such a setup.  Even $500 USD would be asking too much.

Sorry guy, I wish you luck in pawning that white elephant off on someone.  You will need it.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2003, 05:33:58 AM »
500USD is a ripoff for that thing... pathetic little motherboard to run Linux on... I wouldnt buy it... not for 200$ let alone 500... if I wanted to run Linux I'd get a PC frig the WaffleOne for Linux...