Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A word about the content here at Amiga.org  (Read 152279 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: A word about the content here at Amiga.org
« Reply #179 from previous page: December 01, 2010, 02:01:29 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;595969
Ummm... sure.  There you go again, cutting through all my elegantly crafted verbiage to get straight to the bullshit..    Very helpful.. :)

Heh.

Wayne

Sometimes you just have to cut to the chase, you know? :lol:
int p; // A

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;595964
Since we've gone COMPLETELY off the rail here, I've been thinking about bringing back the Wayne Cam by way of video podcasting.  I've been looking at/for one of those Sony Bloggie CM5 type cameras which do mp4 straight to a memory card, but problem is, I'm between jobs right now and it's not the time to spend $150 on a whim.

Anyone got anything similar laying around that they thought would be a cool idea but then never used?

Wayne

I ain't got one thats working (I tend to pull them apart to see what's inside) but if you really don't want to spend the cash on one PM me and I'll arrange something if you like... :)

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »
And now for something completely different........

@Karlos
Where is your avatar from ? It's been bugging me for a while. Just tonight though it dawned on me that it might be from Deus Ex ? (fantastic game btw).

Sorry for the vague sense of normalcy to the questions. I did my best to include a Monty Python reference though  :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2010, 02:04:56 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;595970
Sometimes you just have to cut to the chase, you know? :lol:
Ok.

"Fat Guy needs Cam. Badly."

Preferably digital, MP4 if possible.

(see, that's much less elegant or like me...)

:laughing:
//* Signature Free *//

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
Oh, and by the way the whole Spam thing is just so wrong and Im only comfortable eating things that at some point had feet. Combine the two though and youve got a winner as far as Im concerned. So wrong, but tastes so good.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline GadgetMaster

• Show only replies by GadgetMaster
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;595972

@Karlos
Where is your avatar from ? It's been bugging me for a while. Just tonight though it dawned on me that it might be from Deus Ex ? (fantastic game btw).

Sorry for the vague sense of normalcy to the questions. I did my best to include a Monty Python reference though  :)

I'll let Karlos tell you but here's a clue while you are waiting.

The game has a fixed-view isometric style.

Offline Wayne

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Quote from: Franko;595971
I ain't got one thats working (I tend to pull them apart to see what's inside) but if you really don't want to spend the cash on one PM me and I'll arrange something if you like... :)
I appreciate it Franko, but I was hoping for something functional and digital, even if a little cash was involved.

I looked at several, like the cheap little vivitar which goes for like $60 on e-bay, but it's just got a little "web cam" lens (pin hole size) that makes it (I'd think) pretty much a gimmick.

I want something that I can use for both video podcasting, and running around in the streets shooting little video spots with.  Just something I can fold up and put in my pocket, then whip out to film stuff in order to hopefully distract me from the inanity which is unemployment.

/me wonders if it's too late to drop hints to the family for Christmas  :)

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »
Quote from: GadgetMaster;595966
Goofy?

You ain't seen nothing yet.:insane:

Once in a blue moon I come here for a good laugh with old friends more than anything Amiga related.

We don't take ourselves too seriously and we've had a great few laughs in the past. :D

This totally reminded me of a post, but for all my searches I can't find it. Basically Red said something and later retracted it on the observation he was "feeling goofy". It was Wilse who then made me spray my drink over my keyboard with a reply something to the effect of "Red, stop right there. Put the cartoon dog down and step away slowly..."
int p; // A

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »
I wasnt going to say anything, but seeing as you bought it up he's a slut. I mean really, who hasnt felt goofy at least a few times.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2010, 02:23:53 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;595972

@Karlos
Where is your avatar from ? It's been bugging me for a while. Just tonight though it dawned on me that it might be from Deus Ex ? (fantastic game btw)

Indeed it is a fantastic game, but you need to delve back further into the cyberpunk genre and recall a bullfrog classic...
int p; // A

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2010, 02:27:04 PM »
While we are talking about irrelevany forum stuff can i ask a question that's been bugging me for a while?

On the homepage it says the maximum users online at any time was 497 on 7-29-2010 at 2:46pm. I've never seen anything like this number since i've been here. Just wondering what was the occasion?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2010, 02:32:55 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;595989
While we are talking about irrelevany forum stuff can i ask a question that's been bugging me for a while?

On the homepage it says the maximum users online at any time was 497 on 7-29-2010 at 2:46pm. I've never seen anything like this number since i've been here. Just wondering what was the occasion?

We could tell you, but then we'd have to make  you disappear so you couldn't tell anybody else... Like some dubious masonic organisation, we have our secrets.
int p; // A

Offline fishy_fiz

« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2010, 02:34:29 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;595988
Indeed it is a fantastic game, but you need to delve back further into the cyberpunk genre and recall a bullfrog classic...

Aaah, it just hit me (ouch)........

Syndicate Wars ?

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2010, 02:37:01 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;595995
Aaah, it just hit me (ouch)........

Syndicate Wars ?

Well, the original Syndicate to be precise. Syndicate wars was the sequel. I wasn't terribly impressed with it myself. It was a nice idea but it was the early days of 3D, when it was all done in software and generally looked pretty awful. Compared to the hand-pixelled graphics of Syndicate it just didn't captivate.
int p; // A

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;595980
I appreciate it Franko, but I was hoping for something functional and digital, even if a little cash was involved.

Wayne, I tried to PM you but couldn't, something to do with your email allowance being full, could you give me a quick PM as I may have a solution to the camera... :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:38 PM »
What would be really cool for amiga.org would be a chat room(s). Can we get some? Forums are too slow.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.