Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Women...  (Read 2502 times)

Description:

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
Re: Women...
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 11:55:43 PM »

x56h34 wrote:

cecilia wrote:

dude, you be pickin da wrong wimmins!

No doubt about it. Hopefully, some day I'll run into someone compatible. Lately, I've had an extremely bad streak as far as choices made. :angry:
Dude... Can't you 'smell' that they're wrong from miles away?
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline x56h34Topic starter

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 12:37:40 AM »

Speelgoedmannetje wrote:

Dude... Can't you 'smell' that they're wrong from miles away?

It's not always easy. Sometimes I go through similar situations as Cyberus, e.g. everything seems really cool up to a certain point at which you wonder WTF just happened. :-)

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 12:54:58 AM »
Well, not that I have much experience on a personal level considering exactly that, but I know I feel it when ppl have a wrong mindset.

Offline PMC

• Show only replies by PMC
    • http://www.b3ta.com
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 09:13:27 AM »
Sometimes you're so keen for things to work out with someone that you don't see the flaws until it's too late...  Was involved with someone like that a couple of years back, on the surface we seemed compatible and things looked promising, but as time went on I began to notice her worrying self-destructive streak.  

She'd been through some traumas during her life and I kind of felt that I could help her through it and support her but she damn near dragged me down with her, but I still held out hope until one day when she went completely weird on me.  It was probably too late when realised just how much of a sick puppy she actually was and got myself hurt in the process.  

Once the pain had subsided though, I never looked back...

Cecilia for President

Offline Agafaster

• Show only replies by Agafaster
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 10:36:23 AM »
thats it innit ! as long as you learn from your mistakes.
\\"New Bruce here will be teaching Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud.\\"
\\"Those are all cricketers, Bruce !\\"
A1XE G3/800MHz Radeon 7000 512MB
A1200 030/25MHz 8MB

Offline Cymric

• Show only replies by Cymric
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 12:09:04 PM »
- Make up their mind?
- Tell you what they really want?
- Know themselves what they really want?
Sorry guys, just feeling a bit pissed off due to the recent discovery that I've yet again wasted tons of $$$ and time for nothing. :-)

If it makes you feel any better: I, a staunch atheist, have attracted women who were into spritism ('talking to those why had not yet passed beyond'), wicca ('the important thing is to have FUN'), christianity ('I'm going to have my child babptised even though I'm not raising him in the christian tradition; that way he won't hold it against me that he wasn't baptised when he's old enough to decide for himself what to do with religion'), and more. When they were not religious, they were vegetarian or veganistic (I am not), or so socially active that I would become just a new footnote in their crowded agendas. I have experienced turn-downs because I wore glasses (how shallow can you get), or because madame's feelings told her 'it wasn't right' (meaning: don'taskanyfurtherbecauseIamasicktormentedfuckrightnow).

My mate from uni experienced the joys of having parents 'not-yet-in-law' who looked upon him as 'the miscre.. GUY who is going to take away Our Little Baby Girl'---and he was facing an even bigger obstacle because of his rather strong faith. That sort-of rules out about 95% of the female population.

If I want to piss of my sweetheart girlfriend, I tell her I stick with her because she's the most normal and uncomplicated woman of the lot. In my experience that is quite a big compliment to make, but for some reason I cannot understand  :-P she dislikes the thought immensely.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.

Offline PMC

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 01:54:52 PM »
Getting to know someone's a real minefield.  

Perhaps the best way to deal with it is to think too deeply about the whole dating malarky, don't take it so seriously and be casual - by that I mean don't expect too much from either yourself or prospective partners too soon.  

My own strategy was to look upon dating as making new friendships and not to get disappointed if things never "happened".  If the person and the time is right then things happen by their own accord, if not then it's best not to dwell on it.  

Having come out of a long term relationship three years ago, which left my confidence quite fragile going back to dating again has been quite a culture shock.  However, right now I have a great g/f of fifteen months (who I've been completely faithful to) and I've made quite a few new female friends.  
Cecilia for President

Offline x56h34Topic starter

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 02:15:32 PM »
@PMC:

I think that you are very right with your views. The best policy is not to have high expectations and simply casually approach and see where it takes you.

I guess people are in general so different that it's highly unlikely to without too much trouble find someone that is compatible.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 02:35:21 PM »

Cymric wrote:
If I want to piss of my sweetheart girlfriend, I tell her I stick with her because she's the most normal and uncomplicated woman of the lot. In my experience that is quite a big compliment to make, but for some reason I cannot understand  :-P she dislikes the thought immensely.
you are not saying it right  :-)
tell her you like her because she's genuine.
sounds much better.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Cymric

• Show only replies by Cymric
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 02:55:28 PM »
cecilia wrote:
you are not saying it right  :-)
tell her you like her because she's genuine.
sounds much better.

I thought the :-P was a giveaway that I knew very well why she didn't like the thought :-) added later: when phrased that way.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.

Offline PMC

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 04:04:06 PM »
There are much worse compliments a man can give:

"Ye dinnae sweat much for a fat lass, like"

:lol:
Cecilia for President

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 04:38:17 PM »

x56h34 wrote:
@PMC:

I think that you are very right with your views. The best policy is not to have high expectations and simply casually approach and see where it takes you.

I guess people are in general so different that it's highly unlikely to without too much trouble find someone that is compatible.

Treat them keen, keep them mean!

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 06:38:22 PM »

PMC wrote:

Or "No dear, the dress is fine.. it's the cellulite that makes your arse look fat"

Trust me, that old "Does my bum look big?" is just one big trap, there is no right answer or a way out without digging yourself deeper in sh*t. Just pray it'll be quick and painless.
On schedule, and suing

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 08:02:29 PM »
Doobrey wrote:
Or "No dear, the dress is fine.. it's the cellulite that makes your arse look fat"

Trust me, that old "Does my bum look big?" is just one big trap, there is no right answer or a way out without digging yourself deeper in sh*t. Just pray it'll be quick and painless.

Hmmm, I like them big, Sioux doesn't, but she keeps hers big to keep me happy :-)

I must be lucky :-D
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 08:03:45 PM »

Doobrey wrote:

PMC wrote:

I always follow wise advice, advice like "never begin relations with women"

« Reply #29 from previous page: January 04, 2006, 08:16:41 PM »

Doobrey wrote:

PMC wrote:

"Of course the dress is fine, it's perfect, of course those who make the dresses are specialized and sure know it better, have a keener eye on that, than you do."