Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bewildered...  (Read 847 times)

Description:

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
Bewildered...
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:15:33 AM »
...its just another slow Friday morning at work and I was pondering the phrase used by many comical aliens, "Greetings, Earthling...", now my thinking is this, why would an alien, from another world, refer to us as Earthling, when the name Earth was derived by us? The chance of another distant planet using the name Earth for this piece of rock we call home is so slim its damn near invisible. Well thats my thoughts, anyone else care to shed some light on this now controversial topic?

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
Re: Bewildered...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 12:43:42 AM »
Like a predator stalking their prey…
No one would have believed in the early years of the twenty-first century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own.
 That as men busied themselves about their various concerns, they observed - and studied.
With infinite complacency, (wo)men went to and fro about the globe, confident of their empire over this world.
Yet, across the gulf of space, intellects vast, and cool, and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes... and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 01:03:33 AM »

blobrana wrote:
No one would have believed in the early years of the twenty-first century that our world was being watched by intelligences greater than our own.
 That as men busied themselves about their various concerns, they observed - and studied.
With infinite complacency, (wo)men went to and fro about the globe, confident of their empire over this world.
Yet, across the gulf of space, intellects vast, and cool, and unsympathetic regarded our planet with envious eyes... and slowly, and surely, drew their plans against us.

So why is it that when they abduct humans, they pick the worst of our species?

Redneck hicks from the Bible Belt? :-D

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 01:38:34 AM »

blobrana wrote:

So what your saying is, through distant observation and covert reconnaissance, they learnt that our name for our planet was Earth, intriguing...

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 03:45:38 AM »

mdma wrote:
So why is it that when they abduct humans, they pick the worst of our species?

Redneck hicks from the Bible Belt? :-D
because those people don't run as fast as the city dwellers
 :lol:  :juggler:
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline FluffyMcDeath

• Show only replies by FluffyMcDeath
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 04:48:30 AM »

blobrana wrote:

No one would have believed [...]

Don't even think about it, Martians. We've got these microbes, see? And we ain't afraid of not stopping them from using themselves against you.

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 08:13:10 AM »
@ Adz

"..just another slow Friday.."

--------------------------------------------------

No, my good man, you're doing it all wrong. You should be planning things by now. Have you not placed your order yet?

I think I'll order the machete too and wait in the shadows for the nurses to finish their shift tonight. Yep, it's Friday the 13th and you have to give at least one person a fright tonight.

Offline adzTopic starter

• Knight of the Sock
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 10:32:24 AM »

No, my good man, you're doing it all wrong. You should be planning things by now. Have you not placed your order yet?

I think I'll order the machete too and wait in the shadows for the nurses to finish their shift tonight. Yep, it's Friday the 13th and you have to give at least one person a fright tonight.

Hmmm, the Jason masks look pretty cool, might be able to give the missus a scare or something :lol:

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:16:46 PM »
The prophecy recalls nothing of the intervention of extra-terrestrial life, be it in the form of communicaions or physical presence.

They may be observing, from far on high. Maybe the turmoil brought about by the AmiMac revolution could cause them to take greater interest. In our plight? or our Re-awakening?

Offline Venkman

• Show only replies by Venkman
    • http://www.britbitgames.com
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 11:35:18 PM »

FluffyMcDeath wrote:

Don't even think about it, Martians. We've got these microbes, see? And we ain't afraid of not stopping them from using themselves against you.

I think they might bring some Beechams Powders with them this time.
Video game developer, former ZX81, C64 and Amiga bedroom coder, amateur astronomer, musician, graphic designer, Linux user and geek!