Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sendo junks MS smartphone, joins Nokia camp  (Read 2392 times)

Description:

Offline ruben

• Show only replies by ruben
    • http://www.kiritsugames.com
Re: Sendo junks MS smartphone, joins Nokia camp
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 07, 2002, 07:15:46 PM »
Oh well, i think it's time Amiga Inc abandon their 'write once, run nowhere' idea together with their PDA idea, which was total crap in the first place. Let's face it, their product was announced to run everywhere, and it actually runs nowhere

Like so many people here, you don't have a clue what Amiga's plan is but you still have to comment against something just because you don't like it.

The only thing that has happened here is one manufacturer that was to use Smartphone has (for some unknown reason, it seems) given up for something else (that for sure the AACE can be made to run on without much effort anyway).

But this is Microsoft we're talking about. They settle with nothing less than to dominate the markets they enter, and Amiga still has a partnership with them not only for Smartphone but for PocketPC as well. This is the strongest base you can expect for content delivery. Sendo's decision becomes quite irrelevant and it's their loss actually.
Ruben Monteiro
----------------------
Indie games blog

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2002, 07:29:16 PM »
Why does this not surprise me?

So is this a problem with "MS smartphone" or does this have something to do with Amiga Inc. supplying AmigaAnywhere/content?

-----------
redfox

Offline z5

• Show only replies by z5
    • http://ada.untergrund.net
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2002, 07:40:08 PM »
@Ruben:

Like so many people here, you don't have a clue what Amiga's plan is but you still have to comment against something just because you don't like it.

Sure i haven't got a clue. And quite frankly, i don't want to. Amiga has had plans for 3 years now. So the interest in it has somewhat dissapeared, especially since we haven't seen anything yet from these Big plans always going on behind the scenes.

But this is Microsoft we're talking about. They settle with nothing less than to dominate the markets they enter, and Amiga still has a partnership with them not only for Smartphone but for PocketPC as well. This is the strongest base you can expect for content delivery. Sendo's decision becomes quite irrelevant and it's their loss actually.

So Sendo is suddenly not interesting anymore. Well, it was a couple of days ago...

Oh and respect to Sendo. I mean, i have to endure sitting behind a wonderful Microsoft driven pc each day. So please spare me the thought of a MS driven phone.

The first thing MS would have to program into their smartphone would be a voice saying: "The line has been disconnected because the software on your phone crashed. Please reboot and try again".
A.miga D.emoscene A.rchive: Relive the dreams...

Offline Marky_D_Sahd

• Show only replies by Marky_D_Sahd
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2002, 08:03:55 PM »
First Sharp, then Nokia, then Sendo...It looks like everyone Amiga has a partnership with trashes their entire product line!   And now they have a partnership with Microsoft...........

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Now featuring new and improved G4 AmigaOne, with Mozilla!

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2002, 09:58:45 PM »
So is this a problem with "MS smartphone" or does this have something to do with Amiga Inc. supplying AmigaAnywhere/content?

From what i read on slashdot, the reason for dishing ms, is that sendo didnt get access to source code.

Sendo Can't Get Microsoft Source; Ditches Windows
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/11/07/1546220.shtml?tid=100

Offline Rodney

• Show only replies by Rodney
    • http://donthaveone.com/
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2002, 11:37:19 PM »
Dotn forget, this was not the only smartphone to be released, i believe Orange also have some nice MS smartphones coming out. That means you'll be able to buy AmigaDE software to run on those...

Its only one manufactorer people. If Orange pull out, then you can start to worry!
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.