Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Distribution Licence For Workbench...  (Read 19548 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: Distribution Licence For Workbench...
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 04, 2011, 11:35:16 PM »
one Bloodline. We can choiose
Quote from: bloodline;635495
Like most things, it's hard to see when you're on the other side of the fence... So to speak... I think most people here are probably quite happy with the law that protects their possessions... It is illegal for me to break into someone's house and steal their DVDs. We don't get to pick and choose the law, if we don't like the laws of our country we can in theory vote in a government who will change the laws, but enough people have to dislike that law, that is the consequence of living in a civilised society.

Again for the record, I think big corporations have abused both copyright and patent law to the point of making them a joke... But if I expect the law to protect me then I have to respect it, even if I don't like all of it :(

Actually, you're wrong on that one Bloodline. We can choose to disobey a law. Its the entire core of civil disobedience. There are two ways to defeat a law that is unpopular. One is the way you mentioned (working through the political system). The other is to refuse to submit to it and fight it out in the courts.
If it wasn't for this later method (and jury nullification) prohibition would not have been as easily defeated in my country.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 11:39:26 PM »
Quote from: Fats;635497
As an open source guy I like strict enforcement of all IP laws, it is advantageous for open source.
Maybe I missed something but Franko is distributing copyrighted material without permission. The rest is bullshit.

greets,
Staf.

I appreciate your opinion on this Staf.
But I can't defend the copyright holder. He's dishonest.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 11:51:59 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;635504
As I have stated, I would prefer Franko take this approach, and challenge A Inc properly rather than resort to piracy.

I think this actually IS Franko's intent. He has no other motive. Posting the files either provokes a reaction or it doesn't. And if it doesn't, well that's very telling in itself.

Well good for you!

Yes, it sounds stupid, doesn't it? Civilized country allows a vocal minority to promote the passage of an unpopular law. Prohibiting alcohol production and consumption. What were we thinking?
But its a great example of how civil disobedience works.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:31 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;635503
Does it make sense to try and affect change in copyright law by spamming drive-by diarrhea on the forum?

You're definitely one step away from the ignore list (and I've never done that to anyone here).
If you can't be civil, I have no use for you.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 11:56:34 PM »
Quote from: desiv;635506
Good for you.  
It's important to be consistant and stick up for your beliefs.
If you believe that illegally acquiring software is wrong, it's important to support that belief...

Hey....
What's this search feature on this forum I've found?  :confused:

Hmmm....  :roflmao:

desiv

Thank you desiv! Oh, that's rich.
Not JUST a self righteous ahole, but a hypocrite.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635510
You should read some of my other posts, I do not and never have given a damn about copying software and have bluntly said that in other posts. My issue is posting it in the forum. I have never posted links to copyrighted software on the forum. There are other more appropriate places for that.

That's the entire breadth of your objection?
You're not against software piracy, you're against free speech?
This gets stranger by the minute.

You know, I'm not really familiar with you so I apologize if you thought the self righteous comment was actually directed at you. It wasn't, it was a true statement of my beliefs.

But your posts have been deteriorating since you got offended.
You might want to back away from that computer for a while.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635516
I like that the site TOS says you can't post warez because I don't want to see the site turn into some shit hole ADF request lamer zone.

On that I do relent because the last thing we need is to be diverted into that direction.
I yield that one to you. Its a valid point.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »
Quote from: Fraggle1;635519
"I don't think those manuals are something that wasn't intended to be copied around."

Completely wrong. If memory serves, the developer documentation was quite restricted in it's availability, & once rather expensive.

"Franko is saying, HEY EVERYBODY, COME AND DOWN LOAD MUH FUCKIN WORK BENCH WAREZ!!!"

No he isn't. He's challenging AI/whoever to prevent him from doing so.

Well, you understand that idea now?
Cool.
That is the point.
To provoke a challenge.
Only then can the claim to ownership be questioned.

There is ONE problem though. Escom did create 3.1 (even if they may not have validly purchased the IP it was based on).
And Gateway did buy Escom's property and transfer it to Amino.
So, now the only really questionable transfer is Amiga Inc Washington to KMOS (aka Amiga Inc Delaware).
And that transfer IS really questionable. It looks like an attempt to hide assets while defrauding creditors.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:27:57 AM by Iggy »

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;635528
Interesting that your copying things of unknown/muddy legal status is somehow A-okay...

So I think we're finally reaching an unusual consensus, maybe the issue isn't clear cut and Franko does have a purpose in pushing this matter.

This is not a simple issue of piracy.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 01:28:32 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;635538
And while you are at it, perhaps you clean up that potty mouth and keep it civil, since those rules have also been in place since the sites inception, mmkay?

Thank you very much sir. We may not agree, but we should remain polite.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:32 AM »
Quote from: SilvrDrgn;635544
Franko,

I am politely requesting that you remove all references, mentions and links to both your sites in all of your messages here and in all other threads to which you have posted them.  Please also remove the link from your signature.  While we cannot control what you have on your own site, we do control what is here on this site.  Your posting of the links is a violation of our policies here.  Thank you!

Micheal, bot to tell you your job, but if this is the conclusion you've come to then its your job to lock the thread, censor/edit the posts, and remove all references to Franko's sites.
And you're either going to have to ban me or edit my signature yourself, because I don't intend to remove references to Franko's site.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 01:51:36 AM »
Quote from: SilvrDrgn;635551
I believe we received a report on the link in your signature.  I'll have to go back and look again.  Looking at the site, it doesn't appear to have much to do with Amiga or Commodore stuff.

Well that's interesting.

Amigauk .       obviously DOES have something to do with Amiga (even if it violates TOS).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:44:42 AM by Argo »

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 01:53:44 AM »
Quote from: SilvrDrgn;635553
Franko asked and offered to remove the link(s) himself.  I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt.  If it comes to it, since there are so many of them, we might just end up deleting this entire thread outright, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.  Oh, and I'd appreciate if you spell my name correctly - it's "a" before "e."  Thanks! :)

I always get that wrong. Sorry.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 01:56:30 AM »
Quote from: Franko;635555
Iggy don't get yourself into any bother because of me. I'll gladly remove the AmigaUK.com link I posted earlier and you should do the same if asked... :)

But as for the link to CommodoreScotland.com being removed then I have PM'd SlvrDragn as there is nothing on CommodoreScotland.com that violates the TOS of this site... :)

If I am going to be forced to remove the CommodoreScotland.com link too then I shall be taking this up with Transition as I feel this is totally uncalled for... :)

Very well. I'm removing my that part of my signature AND replacing it with a reference to Commodorescotland, because this really has become an important issue.
AND, I'm calling it a night because we are now into full cenorship mode and I don't care to participate.
Thanks for the KS 3.1 files Franko. i admire the fact that you tried.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:03:18 AM by Iggy »