Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A suggestion for the new AmigaOne X1000  (Read 6315 times)

Description:

Offline hbarcellos

• Show all replies
Re: A suggestion for the new AmigaOne X1000
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »
hmmmmmmmm, instead of a suggestion, I have a question?
If those AMD k6-2-400 comparable sam440ep boxes cost ~1.000 euros, the new X1000 (that possible can be compared to a Pentium D) would cost how much????
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline hbarcellos

• Show all replies
Re: A suggestion for the new AmigaOne X1000
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »
Quote from: dj.echo;540347
i have worked for psygnosis sony i used to make demos years ago still use the amiga to make music now and yes a pc to
the clue is in the name
any way rant dun www.soundclick.com/ensuk :afro:

Hey, that's really great. You worked for Psygnosys before or after the sony buyout?
I still don't know why Sony left them working on the f1 franchise. IMHO, Psygnosys was not that good on racing games. And truth is, they recently lost the franchise to Codemasters (GRID, Dirt, etc...).

Wondering why "Shadow of the Beast" does not have modern versions like Metal Gear (MSX).... :)

*PS* I agree that no new Amiga could reach mainstream on any current niche: Gaming, Tablets, Smartphones, Desktops and etc... But maybe (with a lot of people getting old), it could be the king of the modern hobbyist computing niche...
 Maybe they (we) should focus on SW tools that hobbysts like. Don't know what, maybe SDKs? Music Development tools (like Audacity, GarageBand)? Modern Deluxe Paint like editor?
 Even OpenOffice would not be "that" usefull on OS4. Most of us will always have a decent notebook running Windows, Linux or OSX close enough to work on documents.
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)