Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Professionally published homebrew games.  (Read 8202 times)

Description:

Offline amigakit

Re: Professionally published homebrew games.
« on: September 19, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »
We were happy to financially support the Tales of Gorluth developer and we would be happy to support any future Amiga games being published in the future.  If there are any developers out there that want help getting their Amiga game or application published, please get in touch with us.

Very shortly there will be the new AMIStore App Store launched for the Amiga, covering both Classic Amiga and AmigaOS 4.  The idea behind this is to bring financial rewards for all Amiga developers and make it easier for smaller Amiga developers to publish their software and get greater exposure for it.  I am sure we all want more developers and games, apps available for our favourite computer.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:03:02 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline amigakit

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »
We have a few objectives behind the AMIStore project such as ensuring that developers get paid.  In the past developers have not been paid for their hard work and have decided to leave the Amiga.  

We also want to make sure that games and apps are published to a specific quality level, easy to install, and easy to obtain by Amiga users.

We will host free games and apps on AMIStore and support developers who want to give away their creations to the community.

We are financially supporting developers to ensure they can get the vital ground work done on their software- without this early financial support, the software would simply not be created for the Amiga.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
Best of luck with your venture.  At the end of the day, I am interested in furthering the cause of more quality software development and creativity on the Amiga, so if you have an idea for that, I will of course welcome it.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »
@rebelCD32

I think there has been a few misunderstandings here and I want to set the record straight. That thread was closed from public consumption because a few concerned members here pointed out that it was a discussion of private personal matters without Cammy being present and volunteering that information.  I agreed with that view point because I considered that I would not want details of my private life discussed or viewed by other people on a public forum without first giving my permission or providing that information first hand for all to read.

I hope this clarifies the intention behind the action.

I apologise if I took the thread off topic with my post. It won't happen again.

@Olafs3
To my knowledge Pascal has not had any news items removed.  If a news item is not in a formal news format or more appropriately a forum discussion item (not news release worthy) then it will not get approved. There has been many AROS related threads approved for news though.