Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4.1 Classic Available To Buy  (Read 36896 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

AmigaOS 4.1 Classic Available To Buy
« on: May 17, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
AmigaOS 4.1 Classic, the long awaited Classic Amiga system update is now available to purchase.

It updates your Classic Amiga equipped with CyberStorm PPC or Blizzard PPC to the latest AmigaOS 4.1 (Update 2) standard and builds on the foundations of AmigaOS 4.0.  This is the first major update for Classic Amigas for three years.

Supplied on Amiga CD with Boot Installation Floppy Disk, two printed manuals and box.

Notably this latest system software provides support for ZorRAM Memory Expansion due to the extra memory burdens of modern applications.

Amingst the many improvements, AmigaOS 4.1 Classic also supports Warp3D  hardware acceleration support for Radeon, Voodoo 3/4/5 and Cybervision / Blizzardvision PPC (stable beta version for Permedia2-based cards).

Elbox hardware such as Mediator PCI busboard and FastATA are supported.  FastATA now has native driver support.

This update is the result of many months of hard work to bring new life to Classic Amigas.  Special thanks go to Hyperion Entertainment, Carl Moppett, Darren Eveland, Steven Solie, Michael Boehmer, Elbox Computer, ACube Systems, Martin Merz and the many beta testers.

Where To Buy:
AmigaKit.com
Alinea Computer (Germany)
ACube Systems (Italy)
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Re: AmigaOS 4.1 Classic Available To Buy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »
128MB Single sided are very rare- I have one in my A1200 at home but we have been unable to source them new recently.

The new 128MB SIMMs we have in stock measure: 108 mm x 29 mm x 8 mm

They are 50ns memory at the moment as well

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »
Sure,  I can run this test today:  what settings do you want me to apply in the BlizzardPPC memory config?

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »
OK, here is the list of some of the AmigaOS 4.1 Classic supported hardware we have in stock right now:

SATA 4-Port Raid card for Mediator
10Mbps PCI Network Card (Mediator)
Radeon 9250 PCI 128MB Graphics Card
Subway USB

We sold out of 128MB Memory last week, but it will be back in stock in a few days.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 02:37:12 AM »
I use the latest MKIII FastATA in my A1200T in the office.  When installing OS 4.1, the FastATA was immediately recognised and utilised- there was no need to install any drivers.   AmigaOS 4.1 Classic is supplied with FastATA MKIII Prefs in the Prefs drawer.

At home on my A1200T, I have an original FastATA MKI ("Powerflyer-Gold Edition"), I had to manually install the original 68k drivers for this as this product was last officially supported by Elbox in 2005.

If you use IDEFIX, you need to select to enable support during the Installer as explained in the printed Installation manual that is supplied with AmigaOS 4.1 Classic.

As for printer drivers, I recently bought a new HP printer and used the standard AmigaOS HP Printer Driver and it worked immediately: because HPs have a common printer language.  Just avoid printers that are software driven such as Lexmark inkjets etc.  Also OS 4.1 contains a native port of Ghostscript which can be used to print to any printers that are PostScript compatible.  

Expecting printer driver support for new printers that arrive onto the market every few months is unrealistic due to the developer resources that would be required.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:53:06 AM by amigakit »

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »
Ibrowse OEM is supplied with AmigaOS 4.1 Classic as a contribution