Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Purchased MorphOS 3.1 today. Finally did the deed!  (Read 5175 times)

Description:

Offline ferrellsl

Re: Purchased MorphOS 3.1 today. Finally did the deed!
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »
Quote from: smerf;712542
Hi,

Been playing with a mini mac for about 3 months now, took morphos off because it just suxxed. Installed a useful OS called Ubuntu Linux. Works great and didn't have to pay a cent for it.

Morphos is like playing with cpm, it works but what can you do with it. Who is programming for it, and how many new programs come out for it each month. Would be more interesting if they had a network of programmers programming for it, or how about a rag mag that had programming listing in it  for morphos. Could be interesting.

smerf

I agree with you.  I had the same experience with MorphOS.  Back in 2007 I bought one of the last PegIIs in production and then paid another $250 for MOS.  Total investment was $1000 at that point.  As an OS, MOS was outstanding but there simply weren't any applications for it.  After OS4 for the PegII was released, I also purchased OS4 and installed that too.  The situation there wasn't much better and the performance of OS4 on the PegII was disappointing.  It was much slower and it didn't look or feel as polished as MOS.  But at least I could run AmigaCygnix and do some real work with it.  By 2011, my PegII was so outdated compared to other systems out there that I sold it all and I can't say that I miss it nor do I miss MOS or OS4.  Playing with antiques and trying to get work done on severely limited systems gets old quickly.  Afterwards I started playing with AROS for x86 systems and I've been quite pleased with it.  You just have to carefully check the hardware specs before installing.