Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
MovieShop 5.x only works with the DraCo Vision Tower or Cube that has the DraCo Motion card installed.  It requires the new ZORAN chips.  Some early DraCos shipped with VLab-Motion & Toccata cards.  These models used MovieShop 4.x

Casablanca followed the DraCo and uses the ZORAN chips as well.  But the edit software is very different from MovieShop.  It is a greatly simplified icon based editing system.  Here's a tutorial video for Casablanca:
https://amigavideo.net/casablanca-user-training-tape/
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: Anyone STILL not on the Google Amiga Map?
« Last post by Iggy on November 23, 2021, 08:33:36 PM »
Neither works for me. I can't get to the former, and the latter fails to send me an email message. So for me, both are equally useless.
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: Amiwest 2021 videos
« Last post by Iggy on November 22, 2021, 06:51:34 PM »
Thanks for the videos Robert. I don't have the funds for a cross country trip (including a few days in a hotel), so at least I get to see what went on.
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: Photos of CLASS 2021!
« Last post by RobertB on November 22, 2021, 06:32:30 AM »
     Now Commodore Los Angeles Super Show photos from Mario Luppi have been posted.  See

http://blog.retro-link.com/2021/11/more-more-photos-of-class-2021.html

Truly,
          Robert Bernardo
          Fresno Commodore User Group -
          http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
          Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network -
          http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan
          Commodore Los Angeles Super Show -
          http://www.portcommodore.com/class
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga 4000 takes eight minutes to boot
« Last post by David Wright on November 22, 2021, 03:26:38 AM »
Another issue that I just noticed. When finally in workbench mouse movement is jerky and erratic. Two optical mice and one std. tank mouse. Optical work well on other Amigas.
Joystick seems ok but I swear there were issues of function before just thought it was a glitch.

Related? I sure as heck don’t know.
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Re: newcli VT100 mode?
« Last post by Michele31415 on November 21, 2021, 09:46:36 PM »
I use squirtd 0.2 on all my Amiga systems without any problems, so I don’t know what problem you have. I use Roadshow though. Maybe SnoopDOS may reveal something.
Thanks - it's good to know that at least it does work for someone.  So I installed SnoopDOS and started it.  It opened a window that says "Monitoring system activity" but nothing appears in it when I type either "squirtd" or "run squirtd" (though other system activity does show up there).  Also the WB free memory counter doesn't decrement when I start it.  It's like a big no-op.

Maybe there's something wrong with the squirtd file.  It's 5028 bytes long.  Is that right?  Am I starting it correctly?  Just "squirtd"?  Strange stuff.
Regardless of any other help except 'its probably SCSI' i can at least state that a boot time of eight minutes is certainly some kind of a record... :o
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga 4000 takes eight minutes to boot
« Last post by David Wright on November 21, 2021, 02:57:03 PM »
Good thinking Pat but my manual says if HJ &K are jumpered no LUN scan will proceed.
Still I played with all of them and nothing. The three terminator pins are in the card.

So frustrating since this configuration has always worked unless something broke or disconnected somehow.
Amiga Software News / hURL 1.2 released
« Last post by softwarefailure on November 21, 2021, 01:36:02 PM »

Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are back on your screen with a major update of hURL - the ultimate multi-protocol data transfer plugin for Hollywood which allows Hollywood scripts to transfer data using all kinds of different network protocols including full SSL support. Version 1.2 is a major update that now supports Hollywood 9's extended network adapter so that Hollywood's DownloadFile() and UploadFile() functions can now handle all protocols supported by hURL instead of just HTTP. This makes it much easier to use hURL because you often don't have to use hURL's lowlevel interface any longer but can just use DownloadFile() or UploadFile() instead.

hURL supports an incredibly wide range of transfer protocols, e.g. DICT, FILE, FTP, FTPS, Gopher, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, IMAPS, LDAP, LDAPS, POP3, POP3S, RTMP, RTSP, SCP, SFTP, SMB, SMBS, SMTP, SMTPS, Telnet and TFTP.  As with all Hollywood plugins, hURL comes with extensive documentation in various formats like PDF (over 300 pages!), HTML, AmigaGuide, and CHM that contains detailed descriptions about all functions and methods offered by the plugin.

All of this makes hURL the ultimate data transfer tool for Hollywood that contains everything you need to send and receive data via almost any transfer protocol on the planet.

hURL is now available for free download from the official Hollywood portal. Thanks to Hollywood's cross-platform plugin system versions for AmigaOS3 (m68k), AmigaOS 4, MorphOS, Linux (ppc, arm, x86, x64), macOS (ppc, x86, x64), Windows (x86, x64), Android (arm, arm64), and iOS (arm, arm64) are provided.

Note that on AmigaOS and compatibles, AmiSSL 4.x is required by hURL for SSL transfers. Since this isn't available in a native MorphOS version yet, you can just use the 68k version of AmiSSL 4 on MorphOS. It has been verified to work fine with hURL.

This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10