Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A4000 INTERNET WORKING WITH DENEB  (Read 5649 times)

Description:

Offline Damion

Re: A4000 INTERNET WORKING WITH DENEB
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 03, 2011, 02:09:59 AM »
Sorry to dig this one up, but I wanted to post a recent tcpspeed benchmark using the DENEB, a USB200M, and Genesis.

Amiga receving from PC: 1516 kB/s

PC receiving from Amiga: 1592 kB/s

On the Amiga, it's clear the USB NICs have the potential of blowing all the old Zorro cards out of the water. Looking forward to testing again when Roadshow is released.

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
Re: A4000 INTERNET WORKING WITH DENEB
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 02:19:04 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;410346
OK, I had to make a post from my Amiga using AWeb IISE as I did the announcement from a PC.

A quick question, what is the best web browser to use on the classic Amiga today?

Aweb makes me constantly "OK" each cookie (I can't disable it in the prefs which may be a feature of the SE) and the screen is refreshed each time a new graphic is loaded (for example, to make this post the screen had to refresh once for EACH message icon!).

Cheers.

Hi,

Try downloading netsurf from Aminet, there is a version on there for a 68K machine.

I know it works on my Amiga forever, but I hardly use it since I can just put AF into a window and use firefox on the PC.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better