Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Emulation, why not  (Read 2064 times)

Description:

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Re: Emulation, why not
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 26, 2007, 04:04:16 AM »
I Don't know why Amigans are adverse to companies making money on the Amiga.  Its the only way it can ever get bigger.

I like the idea of the shrink wraped box, plug in your LCD and power and play.

"Boing" factor is the only way to get OS4 and the new hardware selling.  Offering a "we can do the same see !" product isn't gonna make the new Amiga offering grow.
It gotta have BOING! factor.

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 08:29:31 AM »
@ Starke

Grow up.

This is 10 years too late. I have no problem with ideas to help decent companies, but Amiga Inc have mucked us about for too long.

If you want to help, go and buy something from one of the remaining companies supporting us with Amiga hardware and software.

And enough of these mental threads.
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 04:20:04 PM »
I think we should have more people who have PC's using the Amiga emulator on them.
WHY:
Because royalties go to Amiga Inc directly, In turn, Amiga Inc may then see I better reason to have OS4 with new Amiga computers.

Are you sure they even get royalities from the amiga forever package? For all we know, it could be just a one time permanent deal between cloanto and amiga inc.
And i personally think the best way to support amiga is by supporting those companies that still make hardware or software for the amiga, which by the way includes cloanto. Giving your money away to amiga inc would not do a {bleep}. Amiga INC already knows that the amiga community has no interest for amiga anywhere, but they do not seem to want to listen.
I am sure they are going to see support of they release something that people want. All we have seen so far from them are empty promises, them ripping people off with the coupons and some few cell phone/pda games that are of no interest to the amiga community.

I would rather donate some money to Hyperion instead of Amiga inc if i was you.
But the best way in my opinion is just to buy the software, games and such from companies that still release it for the amiga instead of pirating this said product, which sadly people still do. The community would have vanished if it wasnt for the people who still support the platform by developing software and hardware. They are so few now that they need all the support they can get.

Offline StarkeTopic starter

• Show only replies by Starke
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 02:19:02 AM »
Thomas:

I concur.

Can you please list other companies that are truly supporting Amiga, and their website links here.

I appreciate it.

I know AROS and Hyperion and Cloanto seem to be good. Ive gathered that by now.

Cheers. 8-)  8-)
AMIGA will rise!

Offline mikrucio

• Party Mix \'87
    • Show only replies by mikrucio
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 02:47:10 AM »
hey man! im hungarian too. except that im in australia. poo
ha vissza juvok magyarorszagba majd fel nezlek. es iszunk egy sort!!!