Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Hard Drive >> PC  (Read 864 times)

Description:

Amiga Hard Drive >> PC
« on: December 27, 2002, 03:00:23 PM »
Hi all,

Pleeease hopefully someone can tell me if there is a utility available to allow a standard 3.5" HDD, which has been formatted on a Miggy and installed with WB/Dopus etc (basically, its a miggy-format drive) can be plugged into a pc and can read the data from that?

I basically just need to transfer the data off it to a CD on my PC's CDRW, i could do it via Cloanto Amiga Explorer, but 1.2GB on parallel...

Please help!

Thanks
Lee  :-)

Offline lorddef

• Show only replies by lorddef
    • http://
Re: Amiga Hard Drive >> PC
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 03:11:12 PM »
winUAE will let you mount the drive and boot from it, it will also let you mount your PC drives so you can copy stuff across.
Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you!

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 03:25:45 PM »
hmmm..so winuae will allow me just to connect the drive to my chain (as a slave drive)?
but wil the bios recognise the drive?

Offline Trezzer

• Show only replies by Trezzer
    • http://www.amiga.dk
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2002, 03:45:42 PM »
I don't think you have to tell the BIOS about it :)

Just enter the correct device name in the HDToolbox (in UAE's Workbench) and save the information. When you reboot UAE it should be there.

I can't remember right now, but it's called something like uaehfs.device .. you can find it in the documentation somewhere.

You wouldn't happen to be Lee from Vintagecomputer, would you? :)

Offline Thomas

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 05:28:40 PM »

You should rather disable the drive in BIOS, otherwise Windows might recognize it, too, and destroy it.

You need Win2000 or WinXP for WinUAE to work with the HD.

Perhaps you'd better choose the other way: connect the PC HD to the Amiga. It's less painful and less dangerous and perhaps even faster because WinUAE is quite slow on direct disk access. Get FAT95 from Aminet to read and write PC HDs on AmigaOS.

Bye,
Thomas