Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS4 dev. pre-release...what's up next?  (Read 2953 times)

Description:

Offline Bodie

• Show only replies by Bodie
Re: OS4 dev. pre-release...what's up next?
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 22, 2004, 04:27:01 AM »

BigBenAussie wrote:

I'm sure someone will port UAE to OS4 eventually if it is not already.

Yep, it has :-) . Click here

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 04:35:42 AM »
>Anyway, why would you need to put Amiga Forever on your OS4 installation? It has an emulation layer for 68k software.

I plan to purchase AF6 then, if possible, to upgrade OS3.x to 4. But if you said was true, I'll have a hard time Looking for a cheaper alternative. On my end(of the world), most people use PeeCee(x86) here, though I stumble a few Anthlons. I rarely could find PPC motherboards here. Unless I purchase one at the states. Too expensive for me(specially the bundled ones) and would take a longer while till I really get one. I don't feel like ebay's for me too. got my reasons.  :-(

Thanks!  :-D  Good day to all Amigans!  :-D
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

Offline JurassicCamper

• Show only replies by JurassicCamper
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 09:15:41 AM »
There is already a port of UAE for OS4. So there is nothing to stop you putting a legacy environment together for hardware banging 68K apps and games.
All the A1 earlybird owners have a CD with a 3.1 Magic Pack Setup, they can just unpack this to a directory and use Richard Drummond's OS4 UAE.
A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case

Offline Elwood

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 10:22:23 AM »
@jahbaloo

I am a bit of a question mark because I'd like to know what this means to a regular user. What does it say about the state of the OS.. as in how far ahead is an end-user release you think?

It means, OS4 can be used as your main system (at least I do). i.e you can leave your OS3.x behind and use OS4 as your main system.

It means that there are still bugs and that's why it's just a pre-release.

It means that there are still things to add to the OS. So the final release will be even better than the pre-release.

I means that you can port your old software to OS4.
Philippe "Elwood" Ferrucci
AmigaOS 4.x betatester
Amiga Translator Organisation
My Homepage......

Offline sprocket

• Show only replies by sprocket
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 02:05:47 PM »
>> I'm sure someone will port UAE to OS4 eventually
>> if it is not already.

> Yep, it has . Click here

Nice screenshot but there is only a distribution for Amiga OS and I'm guessing that's for the current 3.9 version.

...so maybe once you get OS4 you can install and run the UAE for Amiga but UAE would probably be running under the OS4 emulation layer.
Sincerely,

-- Sprocket...

Offline Acill

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 02:33:38 PM »

sprocket wrote:
>> I'm sure someone will port UAE to OS4 eventually
>> if it is not already.

> Yep, it has . Click here

Nice screenshot but there is only a distribution for Amiga OS and I'm guessing that's for the current 3.9 version.

...so maybe once you get OS4 you can install and run the UAE for Amiga but UAE would probably be running under the OS4 emulation layer.

Yup, the version used is the AMiga verson. We have a slightly tweaked version for MorphOS that I use. It runs well, and I have tried the OS3.x version on my Pegasos under MorphOS too. If your looking to play A500 games your set, but if your looking to install OS3.x in it its just going to be to slow.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics