Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A couple problems related to Workbench and Amiga Basic  (Read 282 times)

Description:

Offline scm2000Topic starter

• Show only replies by scm2000
A couple problems related to Workbench and Amiga Basic
« on: May 10, 2024, 08:19:53 PM »
I have a couple problems using Amiga BASIC.

One problem is, when you save a basic program to a floppy.  in the file's Info.. it says the deafult tool is :AmigaBASIC.     the problem there is if you double click on the icon for the program in the floppiy's window, it seems to try to find AmigaBASIC on the floppy... in my case it's on the hard drive in SYS:
So is there a way to solve this?  What I've been doing is changing the info so that the default tool is SYS:AmigaBASIC...

Another seems to be the opposite problem... once the program is loaded into AmigaBASIC, if the program tries to open a file by just giving a file name, for example ...OPEN "foo.txt" FOR INPUT AS #1...   it can't find foo.txt, even though it resides on the floppy that the program was loaded from. I can fix that by specifying the floppy drive as "DF0:foo.txt"   but I'd like to make my program more generic than that since I can't predict which floppy drive, or hard drive a user will use to load my program.

It seems both problems are related to what the drive defaults are...

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: A couple problems related to Workbench and Amiga Basic
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 06:59:28 PM »
IIRC you can add the command "CHDir myfolder" somewhere so every following file access is relative to that.