Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A sad day  (Read 4914 times)

Description:

Offline sundownTopic starter

• Show only replies by sundown
A sad day
« on: May 27, 2017, 05:18:40 AM »
Miss Piggy Star Wars quote: "I would love to boldly go where no pig has gone
before"
--------------------------------------------------
X1000/SAM440 flex/A4000T-060/A500/030

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
Now what?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:17:08 AM »

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
Re: Now what?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 06:24:51 AM »
"We have made a decision, concerning both A-EON and AmigaKit. The decision we made is grounded in our experience during the last 8 months in regards to both companies. As a result we have made the choice to no longer support A-EON or AmigaKit in any way, shape or form.

We are still here and "may" be carrying more stuff soon. However no more X5000 or A1222 or, frankly anything produced from either company. AOTL Donations is going on a temporary hold so we can refocus now that we are not supporting A-EON or AmigaKit."

DAMN! :eek:

Just speculation but, I think this is what happens when Matt abandons AmigaKit and goes gallivanting around the world with the Prince of Amiga! :lol:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:27:04 AM by gizmo350 »
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!

Offline spaceman88

• Show only replies by spaceman88
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »
What would the Amiga be without all the drama?

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 01:13:10 PM »
Quote from: Jeff;826288
http://amigaonthelake.com/
@Jeff

I wish Amiga on the Lake all the best finding worthwhile replacement products. It is reminiscent of C= falling out with their computer shop dealers in North America. The difference here is Amigakit have seemingly diverted ALL their stock of X5000s to third party distributors for the past 6 months and Amiga on the Lake are still not happy!! They should think about the supply problems in the UK and be grateful.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »
Way to burn bridges. A bit over the top.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 01:52:16 PM »
Quote from: yssing;826304
Way to burn bridges. A bit over the top.
Agreed, having re-read the statement it is really unprofessional to be honest!

The decision we made is grounded in our experience during the last 8 months in regards to both companies. As a result we have made the choice to no longer support A-EON or AmigaKit in any way, shape or form.

It sounds like Amigakit have put their foot down regarding the next shipment of boards and the fact other markets need to be supplied first and Amiga on the Lake have just thrown there teddies out of the pram!

Amigakit have in my opinion given the US market exclusive first access to this product and this is how they are rewarded!

I can't speak for the behind the scene dealings but it sounds like ingratitude to me.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline Acill

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »
I wish i knew the entire story of what happened here. Its a shame...
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline Rob

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 04:52:24 PM »
Quote from: BozzerBigD;826305

Maybe but they have an obligation to be honest with their customer base too.

It sounds like Amigakit have put their foot down regarding the next shipment of boards and the fact other markets need to be supplied first and Amiga on the Lake have just thrown there teddies out of the pram!

Amigakit have in my opinion given the US market exclusive first access to this product and this is how they are rewarded!

I can't speak for the behind the scene dealings but it sounds like ingratitude to me.

There are always too sides to a story but we don't know either side apart from Amiga On The Lake ending sale of A-EON and Amigakit products and issuing a statement to that effect.  

All I know is that both companies are passionate about the Amiga but something has gone wrong between the two and that's bad the customer base.  I hope this could be resolved but AOTL's statement seems pretty final.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
Quote from: BozzerBigD;826305

SO...exactly WHAT do YOU think you know about business or being a professional?
I have no idea what happened, but this guy invested money in this, AND in order to sustain a retail business, you have to make a profit, WHICH involves sales AND have product to sell.

Aeon and AmigaKit have always been run like hobbies, rather than professional businesses.
"We have the product..but we're not selling it yet", "We are selling the product, be not in your region yet....unless you call us, then maybe we'll work out a special deal just for you", "OS4.2 is irrelevant...even IF you WERE promised a copy when available (whenever that small miracle occurs)", "Tabors FPU isn't important (even IF the ENTIRE base of your software is incompatible with it"...

Need I go on?

I have had my own issues with the company when they sold me an Amiga to PS2 mouse adapter that simply does not work. AND they still continue to sell this device.

I'd still like to obtain a P5040 based X5000, but honestly, these guys are about as lousy at marketing as the Stanley brothers were.

So you want to throw around the word "professional"?
Better not use it in the Amiga arena, because everyone there ought to be wearing red clown noses, and not as part of a fund raising event.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:00:31 AM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Debaser

• Show only replies by Debaser
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »
Well put Iggy.

Let's pause for a moment and think about who has the most to lose in dropping the line that built your business. The distributor/mfg, or the reseller. :) I mean come on... painting a picture of sour grapes or hissy-fits and lack of gratitude is silly given this dealer's investment and hard work. I am pretty sure they were probably the biggest gift and shot in the arm that Amigakit has ever seen (maybe going on on a limb but ummm.... call another dealer and ask if they have stock for same-day shipment, I dare you... just a hunch, but a strong hunch)

ehh... I will just shut up. I just hate to see mud slung on a small business trying to make something happen in our crazy ass hobby.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:53:24 PM by Debaser »

Offline Arnuph1s

• Show only replies by Arnuph1s
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
So MorphOS OS and desktops for sale at AOTL next month? *hides*
Proud member of SACC (Sacramento Amiga Computer Club) http://www.sacc.org/

If you want this year to be the best, make sure you come to AMIWEST! http://www.amiwest.net/

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
as i said over at amigaworld.net:

well since AOTL's mandate was to support new AmigaNG hardware running  AmigaOS and the plain fact that the only other manufacturer of new  AmigaNG hardware is A-Cube this decision to bad mouth the main hardware  supplier of their mandate is very suspicious indeed...the fact that they  insinuate that developer donations are also affected make it even more  so    

this from their 'Mission' page:
Our Mission

Simply:

We are here to grow the AmigaOS4.1 user base!!
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 08:51:54 PM »
There are still a whole lot of classic uers in the North America to cater to. Get a few Vampires, ACA's and Indivisions for hardware, then add some software, OS disks maybe even be a NA dealer of Final Office when done for example.

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 08:56:56 PM »
Quote from: QuikSanz;826320
There are still a whole lot of classic uers in the North America to cater to. Get a few Vampires, ACA's and Indivisions for hardware, then add some software, OS disks maybe even be a NA dealer of Final Office when done for example.

+1 and I they had started supplying some classic stuff on their site as well b ut personally being both a classic and NG user I hope they get their supplier/distribution issues ironed out as it's nice to have an Amiga dealer on this side of the pond again.
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel: