Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TiNA - Another A500 FPGA Project  (Read 5230 times)

Description:

Offline alphadec

• Show only replies by alphadec
Re: TiNA - Another A500 FPGA Project
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 12, 2014, 03:27:59 PM »
Quote from: ChuckT;777169
A CPU is hard to make and few people actually finish them.  There are also the demands of life like family, health, and job which ebb and flow.

The Amiga is not as simple as you think.  It took guys from Atari years and then guys from Commodore years to get anywhere with the Amiga.  It took them years so why does everyone think that it can just be done with no budget and a handful of people overnight?

Commodore employed hundreds of people and then there were updates to everything they made.  They made it look simple but just because they made it work doesn't mean that people today understand what they did.  Some of the people Commodore hired had a math background.  What kind of math background does the hobbyists re-creating Amiga have?

The fact that hobbyists in this endeavor aren't consulting past engineers from Commodore should tell you something.

Unless you have a college background in electronics, there are few people who will teach you everything.  I know hobbyists who won't teach because they don't want competition from others.

Thats why it was so far ahead of everything. Like you say Amiga and later commodore used years of making these machines.

But let's hope they can prove us wrong and can put together a amiga clone, but the task his huge.

Wounder what Dave Haynie is thinking!.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:31:42 PM by alphadec »
Amiga 4Ever

ChuckT

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 09:24:08 PM »
Quote from: alphadec;777172
Thats why it was so far ahead of everything. Like you say Amiga and later commodore used years of making these machines.

But let's hope they can prove us wrong and can put together a amiga clone, but the task his huge.

Wounder what Dave Haynie is thinking!.

A lot of parts of products are made but they don't match the datasheets.
A hobbyist could buy a chip and it might not operate according to what the datasheet says.
Unless you have a professional check the part out, it could be a waste of time to develop for something more complicated like an Amiga.

Unless a Commodore Engineer has signed on the project, I wouldn't buy the product.

I'm going to go with computer companies that have a successful product, the most powerful tools in the world and competitive chips so if your computer doesn't break the 2 GHZ mark, then I shouldn't have to pay the same price or more for something that is less powerful.

Offline Faerytale

• Show only replies by Faerytale
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 10:09:01 PM »
I have a dream! And there it stays! Maybe when we are like 60+ it comes true!
Im gonna make u superduper AtariST that can run amigasoftware fatser than any amiga.
LeL!