Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site  (Read 723 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline WeiXing3D

Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« on: October 01, 2013, 05:15:02 AM »
I have never been to Amiwest before and this one will be my first one. Can I bring my computer and have some help configuring my Amiga 1200 on site?
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.
 

Offline Acill

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
You can. Should be plenty of people on site to give you a hand. Just make sure you bring anything you need. They wont provide a monitor or anything for you unless someone at the show has one to loan.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics
 

Offline ssolie

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;749162
I have never been to Amiwest before and this one will be my first one. Can I bring my computer and have some help configuring my Amiga 1200 on site?

The "Classic Clinic" is Friday night when actual technicians will be available to help you get your system working properly.

You don't need to bring a CRT monitor but it also can't hurt if you are driving to the show. From past experience, they do have most every piece of equipment you could ever need but it doesn't hurt to bring your cables, power supplies, etc. just in case.

There are plenty of experts around throughout Saturday and Sunday as well but Friday is the night dedicated to working on equipment.

See you there!
ExecSG Team Lead
 

Offline SACC-guy

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »
Actually...if you let us know ahead of time for the monthly SACC meeting or for AmiWest Classic Friday, we will try to have the items needed.

BUT, we discovered that often that our stuff works but the user cables and other items are toast. By bringing ALL your stuff, we may be better able to figure out why or what isn't working...

See  sacc.org
 

Offline WeiXing3D

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:59:43 AM »
Quote from: SACC-guy;749213
Actually...if you let us know ahead of time for the monthly SACC meeting or for AmiWest Classic Friday, we will try to have the items needed.

BUT, we discovered that often that our stuff works but the user cables and other items are toast. By bringing ALL your stuff, we may be better able to figure out why or what isn't working...

See  sacc.org

In my case what I want to do is to replace my 3.0 roms with 3.1 that I recently bought, install WB 3.1 with the original disks, and install an AlphaRam board that I can't get completely in inside the trapdoor.

My additional and final wish list is to install WB 3.9 with original CD but I don't have a CD drive.

Do I need to book time with someone? I can pay for labor.
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.
 

Offline SACC-guy

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;749217
In my case what I want to do is to replace my 3.0 roms with 3.1 that I recently bought, install WB 3.1 with the original disks, and install an AlphaRam board that I can't get completely in inside the trapdoor.

My additional and final wish list is to install WB 3.9 with original CD but I don't have a CD drive.

Do I need to book time with someone? I can pay for labor.
All the help from SACC members is FREE. But if you need some hardware or software...You might have to buy those, but many times It's very cheap as SACC also runs a for sale table as a fundraiser.
The 3.1 rom install is easy, as is the 3.1 software install (justs takes time)
and while the 1200 is open, it's easier to install cards in the trapdoor slot.

AS to the 3.9 install...until you get a cd rom attached (several choices here, ide, scsi) about which we can advise,
you might have to wait on that?
Go to the sacc.org or the Amiwest site, email one of the guys and let us know you're coming.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:51:52 PM by SACC-guy »
 

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »
Man, we need a "classic clinic" out here on the east coast, LOL.  ;)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos
 

Offline SACC-guy

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 06:14:42 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;749245
Man, we need a "classic clinic" out here on the east coast, LOL.  ;)
It's something we (classic owners) do at almost every meeting...
last months meeting had us taking apart a couple of 3000Ds.
Which I think the owner will offer for sale at AmiWest2013.

For your DC group to take off, it might be good to offer "clinics" (laughing is always good)

Opps,

Forgot to mention, ONE big advantage at Amiwest!
AmigaKit has new items for sale! ie this 1200 owner might be able to get brand new cable and connects for his cd project.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:18:18 PM by SACC-guy »
 

Offline WeiXing3D

Re: Amiwest 2013 - Help on site
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 11:18:44 PM »
Quote from: SACC-guy;749244
All the help from SACC members is FREE. But if you need some hardware or software...You might have to buy those, but many times It's very cheap as SACC also runs a for sale table as a fundraiser.
The 3.1 rom install is easy, as is the 3.1 software install (justs takes time)
and while the 1200 is open, it's easier to install cards in the trapdoor slot.

AS to the 3.9 install...until you get a cd rom attached (several choices here, ide, scsi) about which we can advise,
you might have to wait on that?
Go to the sacc.org or the Amiwest site, email one of the guys and let us know you're coming.

Great suggestions. I sent an email to the felows at sacc.org.

Many thanks.
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.