Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: MorphOS - YOU should try it too  (Read 11333 times)

Offline Fab

Re: MorphOS - YOU should try it too
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 01:08:09 AM »
@kolla

Also the thirty minutes is plenty, since I'd typically have the system locked and ready for hard reset long before thirty minutes anyhow.

I'm sure you can come up with something better. Try harder. :)

Offline kolla

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 01:39:27 AM »
Quote from: Fab;647253
@kolla

I'm sure you can come up with something better. Try harder. :)

What do you mean? Since I don't see any point in using a MorphOS machine for watching video flicks or browsing the web (I have plenty of other systems that do both so much better, like 99$ apple TVs loaded with XBMC), and native productivity software for MorphOS is a rare thing, I tend to try out old AmigaOS gems on it. That quite often ends up with lockups. At the end of the day, UAE on my quad core xeon is much easer to work with. Can even run multiple UAE instances at the same time, and reboot time is 2-3 secs, not 10.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC

Offline Iggy

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 02:24:04 AM »
Quote from: kolla;647256
What do you mean? Since I don't see any point in using a MorphOS machine for watching video flicks or browsing the web (I have plenty of other systems that do both so much better, like 99$ apple TVs loaded with XBMC), and native productivity software for MorphOS is a rare thing, I tend to try out old AmigaOS gems on it. That quite often ends up with lockups. At the end of the day, UAE on my quad core xeon is much easer to work with. Can even run multiple UAE instances at the same time, and reboot time is 2-3 secs, not 10.

I suppose if UAE satisfied my needs I'd be able to resort to similar solutions.

Right now I have OSX, Ubuntu, and MorphOS (as well as three Windows computers) and I get the most use out of MorphOS.
And I don't know what you're doing wrong, but I rarely have lock ups.
Those happen to me more frequently under OSX and Windows.

Still, if you're not using it, then I guess you don't need to pay for the license.
As I've stated in past posts, I'm ready to pay for licenses on a Powerbook and a G5 Mac when support is ready.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"