Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any FPGA Arcade News?  (Read 5906 times)

Description:

Offline espskog

• Show only replies by espskog
Re: Any FPGA Arcade News?
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 31, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
Having read this thread and some others, you do come out as a little "hating" at times :)
BTW: Get a Replay board if you can. They simply rule, and Mike's feedback to users is more than one can ask for when talking directly to the developer.

Thumbs up to Mike and Yaqube!!!!

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 09:49:17 PM »
Quote from: espskog;641579
Having read this thread and some others, you do come out as a little "hating" at times :)
BTW: Get a Replay board if you can. They simply rule, and Mike's feedback to users is more than one can ask for when talking directly to the developer.

Thumbs up to Mike and Yaqube!!!!

I have to agree with your comment about MikeJ, he has been the most open and informative developer/hardware designer to ever be connected to any Amiga project.  No games, no withholding information about his plans or timelines, or what he is working on this week.  I would have to vote MikeJ the most valuable Amiga developer/hardware designer in our community, due to his high standards of quality in both his product and his actions.  I can't say enough good things about him, and would be glad to meet his some time, shake his hand and buy him a drink.

I also cannot wait until I get my own FPGAArcade Replay board and Yaqube's 060 daughter card too.  I already have an 060/50MHz here waiting to be installed in the daughter card.  I just hope some really nice cases can be found (or made) to put it into.  Would like to see pictures of your case espskog.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline digiflipTopic starter

• Show only replies by digiflip
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;641286
Yes, I read all the nonsense he wrote on the Natami forums and all the bashing he has been doing on every Amiga related forum site he can find.  He is really obsessed with trying to discredit the Natami project and team.

Some people really need to "Get a Life"!

How can I discredit Thomas Hirsch, I dont know how to make an FPGA amiga.

I hope you all you Natami developers with your Natami Mx boards have a super fun time with them.

I think all FPGA Amigas should get there success. I mainly want FPGA Arcade from my educated guess will be the most affordable.

You Natami Fans may have a few 500 to 700 euros to splash out on Natami systems. We ain't all rich you know.
Neptuno, Ultimate MiSTer, vidor Replay, a500+ pistorming, a1200 stock, V4 SA

Offline freqmax

• Show only replies by freqmax
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 11:34:41 PM »
I think the most open is Dennis. Progress reports and open source release. He made the hw, the sw despite a horde of people saying it's impossible..

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 11:46:44 PM »
Quote from: freqmax;641614
I think the most open is Dennis. Progress reports and open source release. He made the hw, the sw despite a horde of people saying it's impossible..

Yes, I agree that Dennis is as open, or more so than MikeJ, but IIRC, he did not announce the MiniMig until it was almost finished (a smart thing considering all the people that torched him and said it couldn't be done).

MikeJ, on the other hand, has been more open and provided more updates to information about his project from start to finish.  He is not releasing his product as Open Source, so naturally needs to keep certain information private, to keep someone else from stealing his design and making it into a product before he has a chance to produce and sell his boards.

From his comments and tone, I would guess that if MikeJ ever tires of this project and moves on to something else, there is a good chance that he will release it to the community, if he no longer wishes to pursue a commercial path with the product.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)