Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best gaming moment!  (Read 4749 times)

Description:

Offline Glaucus

• Show only replies by Glaucus
    • http://members.shaw.ca/mveroukis/
Re: Best gaming moment!
« Reply #44 from previous page: January 13, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »
I've always considered Dungeon Master the best Amiga game ever (and yes,  I finished it a few times). It's atmosphere is like nothing else. I liked the sequels as well (although I never did finish DM2).

Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 was a fun multi-player game. So was Wayne Gretzky Hockey. Loved pulling the goalie when he had posession of the puck - the extra attacker would come onto the ice but the goalie takes the puck with him so game play continues without the puck and all the AI players go mental! :-D

Populous and Power Monger were also amazing games, spent many hours conquering virtual lands and people...

Of course, I think the first game I ever played was Marble Madness, so I suppose I should mention that. Other great classics include Menace, Barbarian, Fire Power, Speedball, Turrican, and one of my all time favorite shoot-em-ups: BattleSquadron (which I finished several times)!

- Mike
YOU ARE NOT IMMUNE

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2004, 07:16:20 AM »
Iv'e got a few

Sword of Sodan (first amiga game i bought)
Shadow of the beast (my show off game)
epic (best space sim ever)
Fa-18 interceptor (best flight game ever)
faery tale adventure
awesome (another show off game)
contact (best parralax scroller)
Body blows Galactic (still play it here and there)
Superfrog
Dragons Lair (the greatest cartooner)
Marble Madness
Gods

Man i can  go on forever ... oh what aweet memories
 :quickdraw:  
  :smack:

Offline Im>bE

• Show only replies by Im>bE
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalChaosTheGame
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2004, 06:37:22 PM »
Yes, im a devoted gamer,
but I only play(ed) the good games.
I cant stand boring games with weak,
or no playability.

-Powermonger might be the game I've
 got the most affected to.

-Space Quest 1 2 & 3 had a fun atmosphere.
Hopelessly addicted to the world\'s best strategy game.
Total Chaos on YouTube

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2004, 06:51:53 PM »
So was Wayne Gretzky Hockey. Loved pulling the goalie when he had posession of the puck - the extra attacker would come onto the ice but the goalie takes the puck with him so game play continues without the puck and all the AI players go mental! :-D

Geez!  All the times I've played WGH, I've never tried that!  (Why would I?  Usually pull the goalie for a deep zone face-off or other posession at the far end of the ice...)  Never thought to try it when he had the puck!  haha!!!  

Not on Amiga, but on the PC version of NHL 2000 or so, my friend and I were playing as teammates and really gooning up a game.  We were already short-handed 5-3, and on the next play we each managed to pick up a 5-min major a game misconducts.  Already shorthanded 5-3, those two penalties forced the remaining player, and our goalie to serve the two majors.   (They were the only players on the ice at the time)   The camera panned around and sure enough, our goalie is sitting in the box, gear and all.  The backup goalie is now in net.  So, wondering what would happen next, we just played normally, so the penalties would expire.  They let our goalie out of the box, and he assumed the left wing.  I almost peed myself it was so funny seeing the goalie (still in full gear, painted mask, and goalie stick) skating into position for a 1-timer.  He golfed at it like he was trying to clear the puck.  Unfortunatly, it flew out of play over the glass, and then the computer set the team back to normal...  But our sides were still hurting from the laughter.

Offline Dragster

• Show only replies by Dragster
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2004, 07:39:23 PM »
My favourites:

Superfrog
Slamtilt (used to spend hours and hours playing it)
Jaguar XJ220
Alien Breed 3D II
Lotus Turbo Challenge II
Pinball dreams & Fantasies
Alien Breed Tower Assault
Aladdin
Plutos (on the early days)
Test Drive I and II
Midnight resistance
Monkey Island I and II
OnEscapee
Out of this World

... and many, many more!!

Cheers

Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline HopperJF

• Show only replies by HopperJF
    • http://www.michael-powell.blogspot.com
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2004, 07:53:03 PM »
Lotus Turbo Challenge (A600)
Lotus 2 & 3 (A600)
Street Fighter II (A600)
Alien Breed 3D 2: The Killing Grounds (A1200)
Beneath A Steel Sky (A600)
Zombie Apocalypse 2 (A1200)
Monkey Island 1&2 (A600)
Lemmings 1 & 2 (A600)
Religion is for people who believe in hell.
Spirituality is for people who have been there.

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2004, 09:57:03 PM »
Xenon 2: I liked it on PC, I was astonished when I played it on Amiga (500)

Lotus (1 or 2 or 3 I do not remember)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline AccyD

• Show only replies by AccyD
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2004, 10:25:46 PM »
Brings back sooooooo many good memories reading this thread, and makes me realise why the Amiga was such a popular machine with a massive variety of games, - and a serious side too.

My favourite games are Populous and Civilization, so much depth and so many different ways to play, it was like a different experience every time you played.

Cheers to Sid Meier for the best Amiga games ever  :pint:  :pint:  :pint:

Offline Roj

• Show only replies by Roj
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=247
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2004, 11:06:57 PM »
Armourgeddon: There must be some for this game! Can`t remember any though.

My best moments with that game go something like this:

Fighter: Get airborne, take a few seconds to note the scenerey, [BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM], involuntary landing.

Bomber: Get airborne, gather where I'm supposed to fly, fly for about twelve seconds, [BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM], prove Sir Isaac Newton correct.

Hovercraft: I get the engine started. I successfully master the "spin". Not much else goes right. [BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM]

Heavy Tank: This actually showed promise. It was in the heavy tank that I first realized there was more to the game than a fireworks show followed by a brief plunge. I vaguely remember finding the first piece of the neutron bomb with the heavy tank.

Light Tank: Much like the heavy tank, but everything happens quicker.
I sold my Amiga for a small fortune, but a part of my soul went with it.

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2004, 05:11:56 PM »
I think my funniest moment is watching my brother (Cyka) go head long over the rollercoaster head-to-head. I was following his shadow as he fell back onto the track. Suffice to say he smashed his car on landing :-)

My most annoying moment was on lap 198 of Indianapolis 500 I was very low on fuel so put the mixture down a couple of notches. Bad mistake cause 2nd place somehow managed to catch me up. I put the mixture back to full, but somehow couldn`t get back into 1st place. I wasn`t pleased :-) I`ll have to have a go at that again one day.

Armourgeddon is one game I`ve always wanted to have many good moments on, but never got to :-( Disks died and all manner of bad luck!

Frontier:Elite II has had so many moments. One time when i approached a planet a tad quick. I tried everything to slow down. I tried my downward thruster. When I went through the atmosphere it took about 2 seconds. Spectaculator view it was too. Damn good game!

Offline Coder

• Show only replies by Coder
    • http://www.amiga.nl
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2004, 05:14:07 PM »
Hi,

Finishing License to Kill on the Amiga without any cheats. That was a great feeling. :-)

Coder
Check it out - I found the ass-end!

Offline bernie

• Show only replies by bernie
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2004, 06:09:46 PM »
My best moments has to be:

Stunt Car Racer: me and a friend, using nullmodem-cable to hook up two A500. On one track, I was far ahead, and thought I should tease my friend. So, I started driving in reverse, at the same time he was driving as fast he could forward to catch me up. I made a backward jump, and at the same time he made a forward jump, and we collided in the air. We never managed that since =)

F-18 Interceptor: First time I saw this game (around 1989) runing on a friend's A500 , I was "doomed/hooked" I knew I just had to buy an Amiga. I later bought that game from that friend. I still have the game and the box. The intro-music used to give me the chill each time, as I knew the action was soon starting.

F16 Combat Pilot: We used nullmodem-cable. I tried to learn a friend to handle the air-craft. We did a dogfight, I said "only machinegun, no rockets". He said "ok" We was approaching eachother, suddenly the alarm went off in my plane, by a mistake he had fired off all his rockets against me from close range. No big surprise, he "got me" =)

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2004, 07:21:33 PM »

Someone mentioned:

(...) moonstone(...)

:-( it doesn't run on my a500+ or my 1200, or my 1200 with the 500's rom emulator  :-( myabe the disk it batty, time to go to back2roots  :-D

Offline Stargazer

• Show only replies by Stargazer
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2004, 07:46:03 PM »
I have had similar problems, it will only run on my clean A500. I have seen it run on UAE to though...

Offline Mike_Amiga

• Show only replies by Mike_Amiga
    • http://www.mp3.com.au/forefinger
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2004, 12:54:29 AM »
Pulling off ridiculous manoeuvres in Gravity Force 2 in 2 player mode.  What an awesome game that was for playability! :-D
AKA ED-209 on IRC...

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2004, 02:20:44 AM »
When I got my Amiga home for the first time back in 1989 or whenever it was, and booting it up to watch the Shadow of the Beast intro....

But for actual games playing...

Trading insults on Monkey Island, playing Settlers (just the demo to start with!) for hours. Playing the cool snow levels on Cannon Fodder. Playing Gods - such a polished game! Getting a 512k RAM expansion for my A500 so I could finally play Prince of Persia! Sitting with mates commenting on how the guy in Magic Pockets looked like he was getting a massive hard-on when his pants expanded. Playing through Syndicate to the impossible last level. And playing Wings - what a classic!

But the best moment, was probably playing Monkey Island 2 with one disk drive! ;)

And how could I forget Speedball 2, Lotus TC, Chaos Engine and Zool!
I like Amigas