Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clean Install on a CF, want to do PFS3  (Read 9051 times)

Description:

Offline PanterHZ

• Show only replies by PanterHZ
    • http://www.rhz1.com
Re: Clean Install on a CF, want to do PFS3
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 02, 2011, 01:41:58 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;634625
I'm sure someone can tell you exactly what files are needed in order to make a floppy boot, but I forget what they are atm.

What I did was start with the WB 3.1 Install disk as the base. I removed the old Hard Drive tools and a few other files that I did not need in order to make room for the new files. I rebooted and was good to go.

Yes, modifying a copy of the Install disk is one way of creating a boot floppy, another way is to use this program of mine: http://rhz1.com/amiga911maker

Offline TheBilgeRatTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;634767
Yes, modifying a copy of the Install disk is one way of creating a boot floppy, another way is to use this program of mine: http://rhz1.com/amiga911maker

Ha!  Yeah I found that a little too late for my needs :D

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 02:38:21 AM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;634767

Oh what a great idea!  I've just bookmarked that.  Someone (hello Franko) needs to host the compiled ADF of the actual floppy.  :)

Are you planning on updating it to use PFS3 instead of SFS?
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 05:30:10 AM »
Congrats man, glad you got it working! I still don't really notice much speed improvements my self, but I can at least use an 8Gb card now! Happy am I! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline PanterHZ

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 12:54:31 AM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;634770
Ha!  Yeah I found that a little too late for my needs :D

Yes I can see that :)

Quote from: Darrin;634775
Oh what a great idea!  I've just bookmarked that.  Someone (hello Franko) needs to host the compiled ADF of the actual floppy.  :)

Are you planning on updating it to use PFS3 instead of SFS?

In the next version it will be possible for users to include FFS, SFS or PFS3 on the boot floppy. All three or none of them is also possible, it's all about freedom of choice here :)

Offline TheBilgeRatTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;635529
Yes I can see that :)

In the next version it will be possible for users to include FFS, SFS or PFS3 on the boot floppy. All three or none of them is also possible, it's all about freedom of choice here :)

sweeeet. That will be excellent - cos the boot floppies I make from the 3.9 disk are worthless...

Offline nicholas

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;635529

Oooh good stuff!

When are you likely to be releasing the next version?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline PanterHZ

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 12:31:42 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;635542
Oooh good stuff!

When are you likely to be releasing the next version?

There are still lots of stuff that I want to add, but I feel the time has come to release the next version soon, I just have to sort out a few issues first.

Some of the stuff that will be new in the next version includes the following:

* XPK crunching. When creating a boot disk of the Low-mem type (which are meant for Amigas with less than 2MB RAM), the majority of commands and libraries will be copied directly to the disk instead of being added to the LZX archives. These files can now be XPK crunched instead, this will lead to smaller files which in turn leads to more stuff that can be included on the disk.

* Three file managers are now supported, so in addition to FileMaster3, you can also choose DiskMaster2 or Ordering.

* The Amiga911 boot disk can now contain all the files required for setting up harddisks larger than 4GB.

* Reading and writing ADF disk images is now possible after booting the Amiga911 disk, this can easily be done by using TransADF + a simple script I have created, this script is in the same style as mARK where it uses the RequestChoice and RequestFile commands.

* The mARK script has been updated, and you can now view the contents of archives. You can also specify file(s) to extract from archives in a text string gadget, and wildcards is supported as well.

* Selecting items from the Workbench menu is now a bit more advanced, one example is that if you click a file or drawer icon and select Shell from the Wb menu, the Shell that opens will have the path of the icon you selected. Likewise if you click the icon of a text file and select Ed or JanoEditor, the editor will open with the selected text file.

* Salvaging files from faulty disks can now be done by adding DiskSalv2 to the boot disk, but have in mind that if you want to do this on a harddisk, certain limitations applies: It will only work on harddisks with FFS partitions that are max 2GB in size, and only on the first 4GB of the drive.

* CD-ROM support is enhanced, you can now configure the device and unit to be used, and Amiga911 Maker will automatically create a proper mount file.

* Several small script files have now been joined into a single larger file. this will reduce the RAM usage with a few KB after booting the Amiga911 disk.

There is also a new ultra cool feature which I'm not ready to reveal right yet, this is something I wasn't sure if I could pull off, but it does work. All I can say is that there's one person on this forum who already knows what it is, and that this person also have provided me with some help regarding it.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 02:31:03 PM »
Sounds great, I look forward to trying it! :)

I have an idea that you might be interested in, I will send you a PM when I'm at next at my computer.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini