Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community  (Read 2495 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Fats

Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »
Hello,

I stumbled on this link: Ric Elias. I find it nice 3 things he talks about and especially the second one is I think applicable to the Amiga/MorphOS/AROS community. A quote: "I no longer try to be right. I choose to be happy".

sincerely,
Staf.
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing
 

Offline Franko

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »
While to be honest I haven't a scooby doo who Ric Elias is or why he's "famous" I'd say this much for the guy he's got a lot of things right after watching that video "choose to be happy" that's the way I live my life and never take anything in life too seriously (especially computers)... :)
 

Offline Iggy

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:25:32 PM »
Quote from: Fats;633974
Hello,

I stumbled on this link: Ric Elias. I find it nice 3 things he talks about and especially the second one is I think applicable to the Amiga/MorphOS/AROS community. A quote: "I no longer try to be right. I choose to be happy".

sincerely,
Staf.


Thanks Staf. as you've probably noticed I've taking things a little to seriously lately.
"I no longer try to be right. I choose to be happy".
Maybe I should get the mirror image of this tattooed on my forehead.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"
 

Offline Franko

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »
@ Iggy

Methinks it all stems back to a few weeks ago when they had that wee spot of bother in Japan with one of their power stations and you had almost convinced yourself that we were all about to become like the kids in the Ready Brek ads... :eek:

You were teetering on verge of sanity during that period but as you can see everything turned out hunky dorey in the end (well unless you live in Japan that is) and now your back to your good old and not quite so grumpy self again... :)

You don't need that tattooed on yer napper to remind yourself to be happy all you have to do when something is winding you up is remember that post someone placed here a wee while back where they said something like "it always reminds me just how lucky I am when I think about that poor woman who got her face ripped of by monkeys" or something like that and you'll soon remember just how absurd life is and shrug your shoulder and say "bugger it, at least I'm happy"... :)

Never fails that one does... ;)
 

Offline Argo

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:00:36 AM »
Thanks for posting this. Wow, I've read two amazing post on site today.
 

Offline Franko

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:11 AM »
Quote from: Argo;634007
Thanks for posting this. Wow, I've read two amazing post on site today.


You jammy git... :(

Where an what are these two amazing posts your spotted... :confused:

I aint found a sausage now for weeks that could be remotely classed as amazing... :(

Go on give us clue, a hint, a postcard even... :D
 

Offline motrucker

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:43:47 AM »
I dunno - That whole thing reminds me of the old "ethereal cereal" ad, except I guess this guy's trying to be serious...
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+
 

Offline Iggy

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:32 AM »
Quote from: Franko;633998
You don't need that tattooed on yer napper to remind yourself to be happy all you have to do when something is winding you up is remember that post someone placed here a wee while back where they said something like "it always reminds me just how lucky I am when I think about that poor woman who got her face ripped of by monkeys" or something like that and you'll soon remember just how absurd life is and shrug your shoulder and say "bugger it, at least I'm happy"... :)

Never fails that one does... ;)

Now there's a cheery thought. Chimpanzees have always creeped me out.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"
 

Offline Franko

Re: Ric Elias - Some wisdom for the Amiga Community
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 01:20:05 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;634030
Now there's a cheery thought. Chimpanzees have always creeped me out.


Wish I could find the thread where the person posted that comment it was bizzare and hilarious as it had nothing to do with the subject in question at the time... :)