Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

AuthorTopic: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS  (Read 19386 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Franko

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
Hi Randy (AKA Dammy) ... :)

How's life out there in deep space aboard the Nostromo these days, not still being chase around by those big silver toothed acid bleeding aliens are you... ;)

Good thing you learned how to become an Instrument Pilot on one of those wee Fixed Wing aircrafts, came in handy for flying that ruddy big spaceship out there in deep space, just don't answer any more distress calls from stranded colonists on those far off worlds. Your most likely to pick up some more of those big nasty aliens again... :)

Hope you've kept a good supply of eXfuze to keep you hydrated and lively on those deep space flights piloting the Nostromo and while you wandering the universe remember to keep reading up on the US Postal Service and Nutrition as a lot of things can change back here on earth while your zooming about at the edge of the universe... ;)

Cheers

Franko

PS: make up your mind is Nostromo Inc a distributer of eXfuse or AROS Boxes... ;)
 

Offline dammy

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
Quote from: vox;618908
Maybe they were afraid real WB 5.0 might be out by that time?
(Black humor on both camps)


Time is so very short, I don't think so.  I have a feeling what is released on the C64x will be slightly modified Ubunto vs heavily modified Ubunto.  What I'm so interested in will start after the C64x's launch as I really don't  care much about Ubunto, I'm a Fedora user. ;)
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline dammy

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2011, 01:32:11 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;618950
Fair play, I think it's about time you showed your C= affiliation in your sig though.


Should I also show Amiga Inc and Asiarim too?  Some how I don't think any would be happy if I did. :)
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline Duce

  • Off to greener pastures
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 1699
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »
I own a SAM 440, A1200, Mac Mini running unregged MorphOS, and recently put together a spare PC and am running AROS on it.

We good?  I never questioned your loyalty or preference in which system you use, I couldn't care less.
 

Offline dammy

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2011, 01:40:38 PM »
Quote from: Franko;618952
Hi Randy (AKA Dammy) ... :)

How's life out there in deep space aboard the Nostromo these days, not still being chase around by those big silver toothed acid bleeding aliens are you... ;)

Good thing you learned how to become an Instrument Pilot on one of those wee Fixed Wing aircrafts, came in handy for flying that ruddy big spaceship out there in deep space, just don't answer any more distress calls from stranded colonists on those far off worlds. Your most likely to pick up some more of those big nasty aliens again... :)

Hope you've kept a good supply of eXfuze to keep you hydrated and lively on those deep space flights piloting the Nostromo and while you wandering the universe remember to keep reading up on the US Postal Service and Nutrition as a lot of things can change back here on earth while your zooming about at the edge of the universe... ;)

Cheers

Franko

PS: make up your mind is Nostromo Inc a distributer of eXfuse or AROS Boxes... ;)


Wow, I have my second internet stalker, Franko!  I'm so happy.  You and Atheist2 will look so nice sitting together while cyber-stalking me.  Can we have a pic of you two sitting together?  BTW, you have not dug deep enough yet, you're missing quiet a few things but I'm sure if you do not find it, Atheist2 will find it.  Keep up the good work old chap!
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline dammy

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »
Quote from: Duce;618956
I own a SAM 440, A1200, Mac Mini running unregged MorphOS, and recently put together a spare PC and am running AROS on it.

We good?  I never questioned your loyalty or preference in which system you use, I couldn't care less.


Those who have been on AO for any length of time knows which systems I've supported over the years.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline Franko

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2011, 01:43:02 PM »
Quote from: dammy;618957
Wow, I have my second internet stalker, Franko!  I'm so happy.  You and Atheist2 will look so nice sitting together while cyber-stalking me.  Can we have a pic of you two sitting together?  BTW, you have not dug deep enough yet, you're missing quiet a few things but I'm sure if you do not find it, Atheist2 will find it.  Keep up the good work old chap!


Oh don't worry Randy I've dug deep, very deep... ;)

Just keeping the good stuff in reserve for the right time old bean... :roflmao:
 

Offline dammy

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »
Quote from: Franko;618959
Oh don't worry Randy I've dug deep, very deep... ;)

Just keeping the good stuff in reserve for the right time old bean... :roflmao:


Keep up the good work!  Soon you can become my number one stalker!  Atheist2 is spending too much time on youtube to keep up his #1 position as the top stalker.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline Franko

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »
Quote from: dammy;618961
Keep up the good work!  Soon you can become my number one stalker!  Atheist2 is spending too much time on youtube to keep up his #1 position as the top stalker.


Awe c'mon, tell me please is it eXfuse or AROS... :)
 

Offline dammy

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
Quote from: Franko;618963
Awe c'mon, tell me please is it eXfuse or AROS... :)


Don't become a lazy git on me, work for it!
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.
 

Offline vox

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:50 PM »
Quote from: Duce;618956
I own a SAM 440, A1200, Mac Mini running unregged MorphOS, and recently put together a spare PC and am running AROS on it.

We good?  I never questioned your loyalty or preference in which system you use, I couldn't care less.


But you don`t intend to use Commodo(re)OS?

Neither do I. Here is my celebration of its WB to Commodore Change!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83-GtlCzek

A new company that has got rights to the Amiga name and is planning some cool looking All in One computers, the only problem, it basically a PC not an Amiga, plus they have made matter worst by the way they handled them self in the community, using images that are not there's, threatening legal action (now dropped), attacking Aros users, and basically being ass holes. But hopefully we might get some cool looking cases out of it....but don't hold your breath. This video has absolutely nothing to do with CommodoreUSA

As response to news
CommodoreUSA is no longer using Workbench 5 as the name. Once again proving that C=USA using names before they checked weather they could use it.
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_OS.aspx

From the forum:-
"Well, as you may have realised we were never firm on the name of our Commodore OS. So Commodore OS it is.
Clearly the Commodore brand is stronger than the Amiga brand.
It is definitely stronger than the Workbench name also.
It probably didn't make much sense as the name of the OS on the C64x and we were thinking of calling that Commodore OS anyway.
Our initial thoughts were to go with Commodore OS, well before we got the Amiga trademark licensed.
I am greatly relieved at the outcome actually, as the Workbench name gave rise to an immense amount of fanciful expectations of what our OS will be. "
(My repost have everything to do with CUSA)
----------
So far :

Starting using commodore name before having legal permission to do so.

Launched a website before having legal permission to use the commodore name or trademarks.

Starting using workbench name before having legal rights to do so.

copied and pasted apples website to their own site. (never admitted, but its been proven multiple times)

Ceo threatens to sue osnews.com for stating facts.

Ceo retracts legal threat after realizing what an asshole he is.

Lots of announced then cancelled new products.

First trashed, then embraced aros, then switched to using ubuntu with a commodore wallper.

New products being announced every month, but not one shipping yet.

commodore stickers slapped on cybernet zpc's. (only one sold) The guy that bought one is their new chief technical officer.

They announce a new Commodore/amiga OS :
Commodore wallpapers on ubuntu. (Calling it workbench V)

A new company shipping amiga branded computers before them.
Future Acube and MOS supporter, fi di good, nothing fi di unprofessionals. Learn it harder way! http://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja and https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja
 

Offline Franko

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
Quote from: vox;618971
But you don`t intend to use Commodo(re)OS?

Neither do I. Here is my celebration of its WB to Commodore Change!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83-GtlCzek


Wowsers... didn't realise you were the one behind that neat little video, watched it quite a few times before, brought a smile to me grumpy old face... :)

Got me own little spoof ad ready and waiting for the day (if it ever comes) when "they who shall not be named" finally launch something... ;)
 

Offline cecilia

  • Amiga Snob
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 4875
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 1
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2011, 02:39:20 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;618858
Last time i checked, Commodore OS had a perfectly fine name - Ubuntu.
I'm posting from my Ubuntu even as we speak   :)
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial
 

Offline persia

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »
It's beginning to look like Unix everywhere, Mac OS, Android, iOS, RIM's Play thing tablet.  What an exciting time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.
 

Offline danwood

Re: Workbench 5 renamed Commodore OS
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »
Quote from: persia;618985
It's beginning to look like Unix everywhere, Mac OS, Android, iOS, RIM's Play thing tablet.  What an exciting time.


Well, everywhere if you don't count the 90% of computers in the world that run Windows I suppose.