Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga911 Maker 1.3  (Read 2539 times)

Description:

Offline PanterHZTopic starter

• Show only replies by PanterHZ
    • http://www.rhz1.com
Amiga911 Maker 1.3
« on: January 02, 2011, 04:24:56 AM »
A new version of the easy to use boot disk creator Amiga911 Maker has just been released. You can find it by following the link below, and hopefully it will also be available from Aminet soon.

http://rhz1.com/amiga911maker

Offline lionstorm

Re: Amiga911 Maker 1.3
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 12:17:34 PM »
nice new year present ! thanks !
I am following the progress of this tool but not tested it yet.

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
Everytime I download this it is a different size and it is never the size that it is stated it is.  Is this a problem with my computer or the site?

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:46:36 AM »
Quote from: lionstorm;603380
nice new year present ! thanks !
I am following the progress of this tool but not tested it yet.

And thanks to you as well lionstorm :)
Yes a lot of work has been done on Amiga911 Maker already, but there is still plenty of stuff to do. First off is to add support for more programs that can be put on the boot disk, this includes alternative filemanagers and text editors, a program for reading/writing adf files from/to floppy disks and maybe DiskSalv. Later I will make it possible to create boot disks for Amigas with KS 2.x and maybe KS1.3 as well (if it's possible that is).

Quote from: dannyp1;603406
Everytime I download this it is a different size and it is never the size that it is stated it is.  Is this a problem with my computer or the site?

After reading your post I tried downloading the file several times as well, this was done on three computers by using various browsers on each one, and yes there was a problem with the file a couple of times where it actually was incomplete.

I'm not sure of what caused all this, either there was problems with the server, or there was an issue with the archive file, but I must say that I always test archives by using various programs on various systems before uploading them to the net, and this file was no exception. Another thing is that there doesn't seem to be any problems with the file I have stored locally, so if the file was the problem, something must have happened to it on it's way to the server.

Anyway, I decided to play things safe where I created a new archive that has been uploaded to the server, and it doesn't seem to be any issues now. But if you or anybody else still experience problems, please let me know.

BTW. The size of the Amiga911_Maker.lha file is 1.88MB (1981052 bytes).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:48:49 AM by PanterHZ »

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:33 PM »
I was finally able to get the full download but I was still having problems.  It took about 5 tries.  I am using Windows XP SP3 and internet explorer.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;603503
And thanks to you as well lionstorm :)
Yes a lot of work has been done on Amiga911 Maker already, but there is still plenty of stuff to do. First off is to add support for more programs that can be put on the boot disk, this includes alternative filemanagers and text editors, a program for reading/writing adf files from/to floppy disks and maybe DiskSalv. Later I will make it possible to create boot disks for Amigas with KS 2.x and maybe KS1.3 as well (if it's possible that is).

After reading your post I tried downloading the file several times as well, this was done on three computers by using various browsers on each one, and yes there was a problem with the file a couple of times where it actually was incomplete.

I'm not sure of what caused all this, either there was problems with the server, or there was an issue with the archive file, but I must say that I always test archives by using various programs on various systems before uploading them to the net, and this file was no exception. Another thing is that there doesn't seem to be any problems with the file I have stored locally, so if the file was the problem, something must have happened to it on it's way to the server.

Anyway, I decided to play things safe where I created a new archive that has been uploaded to the server, and it doesn't seem to be any issues now. But if you or anybody else still experience problems, please let me know.

BTW. The size of the Amiga911_Maker.lha file is 1.88MB (1981052 bytes).

Perhaps you could create a torrent as it will save you on bandwidth costs and has the benefit of inbuilt error checking and correction.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:44:46 AM »
Quote from: dannyp1;603557
I was finally able to get the full download but I was still having problems.  It took about 5 tries.  I am using Windows XP SP3 and internet explorer.

Yes but remember that internet explorer most often will try to access the cached file instead of downloading it directly from the net.

But does anybody else have problems with downloading the file?

Quote from: nicholas;603619
Perhaps you could create a torrent as it will save you on bandwidth costs and has the benefit of inbuilt error checking and correction.

Yes it is a good idea, and I will consider doing this :)