Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most loved and most hated consoles?  (Read 6524 times)

Description:

Offline Tension

Re: Most loved and most hated consoles?
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 17, 2010, 02:23:17 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;558939

I thought the N64 was crap (too blury)

N64 = Goldeneye = Possibly the best game ever on any platform ever. Ever.

Apart from that, I completely agree with you.

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 03:04:21 AM »
Quote from: Tension;558948
N64 = Goldeneye = Possibly the best game ever on any platform ever. Ever.

Apart from that, I completely agree with you.

Golden eye was a great game....was a bit blurry though wasn't it ;)
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 03:50:51 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;558796
My favorite console would have to be the dreamcast, followed up by the game cube.

Most hated console, the original playstation.

I can't improve of that most perfect of comments.

'nuff said!
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 04:10:59 AM »
Quote from: stefcep2;558923
BTW lots of posts for DC.  Strange considering it failed badly.

Did the Amiga fail? No, but C< did!
Sega are still going but I still think they failed and not the DC. I think the Arsenal sponsership alone destroyed the advertising budget, idiotic to say the least.

I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread but the original XBox is by far the best value media centre available once modded. For this reason it deserves a special place in my clockwork heart. If anyone can find a media centre that compares with an XBox running XBMC for less cash, please correct me but I don't think such a beast exists.

I still own an N64, DC, PS1, GBA, 2 CD32's, XBox, 2 GC's and a PS3. The PS1 was a freebie and it sits in a cupboard, I still play all the others. For some reason the PS1 feels dated but the N64, DC, CD32 etc.. feel nostalgic. Strange that.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2010, 09:06:32 AM »
did anyone mention the brilliant dreamcast controllers? especially the VMU slot that came with it. some games came with their own minigames specially made for the VMU. here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMU
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline DrDekker

• Show only replies by DrDekker
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2010, 01:00:56 PM »
I like my CD32.

I love my DS Lite.

I absolutely adore my Xbox 360 - hooked up to a 50" plasma, 5.1 surround system and playing (of course) MW2 - it's the bollox.:banana:
A1200, M-Tec 1230 @28MHz, FPU, MMU, 8Mb fast ram, SCSI card, 512Mb HD, Power CDROM drive, PS2 optical mouse

Offline hektic

• Show only replies by hektic
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2010, 01:44:51 PM »
SNK's Neo Geo - ;-)

Still has a good following today, much like the amiga!

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2010, 02:51:33 PM »
Quote from: Lurch;558941
If you are going to quote something and put a link at least get it right... C64 is not a console...

You linked a C64-GS :P

Still a C64 :D

Offline Arkhan

• Show only replies by Arkhan
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2010, 03:00:44 PM »
The thread was most loved and hated consoles.  Not "cry about how much you hate Nintendo" :hammer:

:)

Quote from: Amiga_Nut;558767

NES - for all the overpriced crappy Mario games and terrible rock hard square joypads.

What's crappy about Mario 2!  They made alternate controllers ya know.

Gameboy - For every putrid Pokemon game, cancer to the gaming world propping up themselves whilst Sony tore them a new one in the home console market.

I think hating a console for a game aimed at kids is kind of lurpy.  

SNES - For putting such a stupidly slow CPU in a machine AFTER the Genesis/Megadrive. Also for all the babying of their userbase by removing all the blood from MK. Oh and putrid Mario games.

Slow CPU didn't stop it from kicking ass and taking names.
Putrid mario games again? What about Mario RPG? :)

Wii -  Pathetic PS2-o-clock graphics, and some extremely woolly controllers, all for a rip off price above that of the 360.  Oh and yes the controllers are inaccurate toys because now we have Wii+ controllers wooppeeee lol

It launched for less than the 360?

DS - Abolutely pathetic technical spec at launch, couldn't even play video files on the go for the price. Total joke except for Korg's DS10 cartridge....

It's for games not watching movies.  Again, the pathetic tech specs haven't stopped it from kicking ass.

all those other silly brain training games can lick my left one.

Just because you can't do them right...

------------------------

Anyway my most loved console is the Turbo Grafx-16 + CD.  Nothing beats the massive CD game library chock full of RPGs/Digital Comics, and the shooter library for HuCard kicks the piss out of every other system out there.  

Plus, theres Bonk.  :D

I also like the Sega Genesis alot.

As far as most hated:

I don't like the Commodore 64 much.  The games suck and are better on other systems/computers every time  (R-Type, Double Dragon, Ultima series, Side Arms.... etc).  The only exclusive-to-C64 games worth the time are Legacy of the Ancients and Legend of Blacksilver.  I don't like the SID renditions of alot of shooter games (Nemesis), and alot of times the graphics look muddy and cracked out (Shadow of the Beast).......

Plus alot of games controls feel slippery, swapping disks gets annoying (though thats not really the systems fault, its more the time-era's fault).

and, I hate pressing up to jump.
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 04:24:55 PM »
Nintendo is the last great gaming company left. No offence intended to Sony or MS but they can put huge amounts of money into development etc. from other company sales, not on their own merit.  Where would the xbox be right now without millions from os and office sales. where would the ps3 be without millions from other electronics sales.
Nintendo imo deserves respect for competing in this market, on their own merrit, and not only that but succeeding. They have always taken flack for strong kids titles and hopefully always will. I'm a mario, zelda, and metroid fan and my kids love pokemon.

I think "hardcore" games suck and are no fun. running around like a maniac shooting anything that moves and dying hundreds of times? no thanks.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
Love my PS1.  Love it.  The syphon filter games are great!  (Tase a guard until they catch fire?  I'm there!)  I don't get the hate.  Is it because it came along shortly after the CD32 and was about ten thousand times more popular?

Anyway, off to play some Soul Edge...erm, Calibur! :D
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 06:53:07 PM »
Not really fond of consoles but i love the SEGA Dreamcast, great device that made me feel like i was with my A500 a few years ago :-)
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline RMK305

• Show only replies by RMK305
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »
Quote from: Arkhan;559027

What's crappy about Mario 2!

Are we talking about the original Super Mario Bros 2 that was released in Japan, known in the west as Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, or Doki Doki Panic with the characters changed to the characters from Mario?

Quote from: KThunder

Nintendo is the last great gaming company left.

I agree with you on that one. Notice also how the older machines, and recent Nintendos all seem to be far more reliable than the current crop of 360s and PS3s?
Amiga 4000, Warp Engine 040/40MHz, CV643D with scan doubler module, Tocatta soundcard, Deneb, 72Meg fast ram, 18 gig scsi hard drive.

3xA500, 1xA1200, 1xCD32

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »
the 360's especially, MS put some crazy money into repairs and you know that didn't come from 360 sales.

I liked both Mario lost levels and the dokidoki mod sm2. I know a lot of people didn't like 2 as much and it isn't as good as 3 but I liked the boss levels better and thats where we got shy guys (I think)
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
XBOX 1 is my all time favorite console next to dreamcast.
The modding ability allows you to take a $85 second hand xbox1 and softmod it to beyond  $300 AppleTV funcionality. I still have mine tricked out and gets lots of action.

Offline RMK305

• Show only replies by RMK305
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »
I like a lot of the 360 games, but wouldn't buy a machine that I know is going to give me grief in a years time.

I haven't played Lost Levels, but I intend to download it on my Wii.
Amiga 4000, Warp Engine 040/40MHz, CV643D with scan doubler module, Tocatta soundcard, Deneb, 72Meg fast ram, 18 gig scsi hard drive.

3xA500, 1xA1200, 1xCD32