Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Electronics component  (Read 870 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ni72ous

Electronics component
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:19:11 PM »
Hi all

I wonder if someone can help me, i have a laptop that has a broken power connector, i have desoldered the part but i am at a loss trying to find a replacement, the part in question is made by tyco and has a printed number on it (05456) but i find no reference to this whilst searching electronics sites nor google, could someone please tell me the correct name for a dc psu input connector? so i can get a look at different connectors to find a close match for this one, thanks in advance.

Offline Oliver

Re: Electronics component
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:46:54 PM »
Maybe post a photo here. You may get better results.

I have had trouble searching for Tyco parts before. The printed number may not relate to the part number. Many manufacturers' search engines do not provide results for searches for valid part numbers. It's a pity.

If I get time, I will come back here, and try to do a search for you, once you have uploaded a photo.
Good good study, day day up!


  • Guest
Re: Electronics component
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:42:46 PM »
I went looking for a power supply recently and some of these companies have technicians who will help you find a compatible part.

I called Digikey and they sent me this catalog shipped via UPS.  It is as large as a phone book.  Their catalog has drawings (no pictures).

You might want to try Mouser.

I would probably try visiting MicroCenter.  See if there is one in your area.


If worse comes to worse, you can always replace the connector in the notebook to something compatable you can order if you have the skills.

Have you visited Radio Shack; What I would do is look through all the products and pick the best match and hope you wire the polarity right.


  • Guest
Re: Electronics component
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »
There are companies on the web willing to find obsolete or hard to find parts.  It is a google search but it can be rewarding:

http://www.standardelectronics.com/  (Sells to distributors mainly)

(your search starts here)

Offline delshay

Re: Electronics component
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »
you could try desolering the part off another laptop or any other device with the same PCB mounted power connector.
power is nothing without control


  • Guest
Re: Electronics component
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 03:11:49 AM »
I took my power supply to radio shack to get a spare plug.  I didn't realize they had a fist full of plugs and they needed the device it plugged into.  I didn't realize it was that complicated but if you take your laptop to several places, they might be able to hook you up with something.